UPdate 19.1 WHAT DO U DO WITH THE GAME ????? u ruin the GAME !!!!!! STOP IT !!!!!

7daysOfFun

wtf u do with the game??

update 19.1

-server / home game crashes after 5min

-all keyboard setting resetted

-DISTANCE VIEW -50% ...now after 50blocks away the grafix loads??? hello??????? in before a190 it was like 500 blocks away grafix

WTF ???????????

have u nothing better do , then to destroy the game??

we dont talk about the silnet turrent, the 2 loud weapons, the distance view cutting at a190 from 30%, and the horrible earth driller / chainsaw sounds

WHAT U DO????? have all the programmer bad days???

-sorry im little angry..u know im a calm person...but ...ey!!! REALLY...this blow my mind-

EDIT: after getting back to 19 180...the map was killed on the server...^^

EDIT2: all maps on home pc was killed 2

Do you have error logs to see what makes it crash?

What is the world size of your map?  If it isn't divisible by 1024 it will not render correct distant terrain.

Other than the sound issues you don't like I think maybe the worst of it can be fixed with help in the support forums.

Best of luck.  

How many complaints do the devs have to get before we go back to Alpha 16 and improve the game, rather than changing everything?

I like 19 better than 18, but both are trash compared to 16.  Devs, are you listening to your customers?????

How many of these rant threads have to appear before devs accept they made a mistake?

15 minutes ago, ~Kevin~ said:

How many complaints do the devs have to get before we go back to Alpha 16 and improve the game, rather than changing everything?

I like 19 better than 18, but both are trash compared to 16.  Devs, are you listening to your customers?????

How many of these rant threads have to appear before devs accept they made a mistake?

This customer prefers A19.

55 minutes ago, ~Kevin~ said:

The majority of people prefer the new alphas. Sales exploded with A17 and have only skyrocketed since. It is an extremely vocal minority who want to go back to the A16 days, and I have a feeling once the modding tools are more developed (if that happens) people will make mods to bring the game back to those days.

I started in A8, left in A10 and came back for the tail end of A18.  I'm fine with the current direction with exception to the current loot system and all the crazy, wacky zombies we have now.  The glowing, puking, exploding zombies are a real detriment to the game, imo, but at least we have mods to turn them off.

2 hours ago, ~Kevin~ said:

Since 20% of those rant threads are from you I don't think more will help 😆

Just kidding. I'm sorry for you that the game isn't going the way you want, but it is going a way lots of other people want. A16 definitely won't come back and you are only wasting your breath if you are trying to reach the unreachable.

16 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Since 20% of those rant threads are from you I don't think more will help 😆

Just kidding. I'm sorry for you that the game isn't going the way you want, but it is going a way lots of other people want. A16 definitely won't come back and you are only wasting your breath if you are trying to reach the unreachable.

Give it a few years, and chances are we will end up with something very close to alpha 16.

28 minutes ago, ~Kevin~ said:

Give it a few years, and chances are we will end up with something very close to alpha 16.

Possibly, but the release version aka 1.0 aka gold will look a lot like A19. Number of players is high and if players would be leaving in droves now it would be for different reasons than that they were pining for A16. At the moment TFP has no reason to reconsider anything.

28 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Possibly, but the release version aka 1.0 aka gold will look a lot like A19. Number of players is high and if players would be leaving in droves now it would be for different reasons than that they were pining for A16. At the moment TFP has no reason to reconsider anything.

So much wrong with your post I do not know where to start.

Typically, the number of users will go up after a big update - this is for just about any game, not just 7 days to die.

How many of the current users are long time players?   One of the above post mentions he skipped several versions.

Have the devs done surveys of customers besides readying the forum?  People such as myself only post here a few times a year due to the negative echo chamber feedback we receive.   This leaves the devs with group think to base their opinions on.

Is there a way to see how many people are going back to earlier versions?  Or is the total player base grouped together?  

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

At the moment TFP has no reason to reconsider anything.

They kinda have reconsidered a lot of things already.  Replacing art and systems constantly that took months and month and months of work in different instances is getting tiresome.   Are there any systems still around that were here in a16?  a17?    I love this game.  Im closing in on 4K hours.   I'm a huge supporter but man - I am slowly getting tired of changes lol.  in pimps we trust though.  Looking forward to the future. 

3 hours ago, ~Kevin~ said:

..........Is there a way to see how many people are going back to earlier versions?  Or is the total player base grouped together?  

Good question. I've heard from a few people on here that agree with you that A16 was their favorite. 

At least there is the option to revert back if that's what you like. 

I gotta say I'm super happy with how the game is and look forward to the upcoming stuff that's planned. I'm from the console crowd so I was stuck with A15 until I was able to catch up on PC. 

Maybe one day I'll go back & play A16, to see what the hype is. I went from console A15 to pc A18.4. So my mind was blown to say the least. 

10 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Maybe one day I'll go back & play A16, to see what the hype is. I went from console A15 to pc A18.4. So my mind was blown to say the least. 

So you played console A15, don't expect a miracle when you try A16 then. People have this sentiment mostly due to very popular and advanced mods that were played a lot back then, none of which would work today in the current version of the game, but some of which had some features even current Alpha 19 doesn't have yet. Some people actually liked A15 more than A16, again I believe it was mostly due to mods, possibly one of the reason was that in A16, they disabled some code for bandits which wasn't super awesome, but at least it was something that worked and was very popular in advanced mods like Starvation. I only played Starvation in A16 and I must say that Starvation for A16 is still far ahead of vanilla A19 in some ways, but that's just my opinion. Then again, I never played Starvation in Alpha 15, so maybe that version was even better (some people claim it is).

1 hour ago, JCrook1028 said:

We also played A16 for a long long time....

I'm not gonna say it was the best.. but man, I miss the mastery system (learn-by-doing) and the aleatority to the zombies when people wouldnt be all about exploiting their AI's...

Ahh... you know.. there's goods and bads..

8 hours ago, ~Kevin~ said:

So much wrong with your post I do not know where to start.

Typically, the number of users will go up after a big update - this is for just about any game, not just 7 days to die.

How many of the current users are long time players?   One of the above post mentions he skipped several versions.

Have the devs done surveys of customers besides readying the forum?  People such as myself only post here a few times a year due to the negative echo chamber feedback we receive.   This leaves the devs with group think to base their opinions on.

Is there a way to see how many people are going back to earlier versions?  Or is the total player base grouped together?  

I said previously that you are wasting your breath exactly because TFP doesn't really listen to this forum. The forum is a good place to get first hints about possible problems or imbalances. But for somewhat reliable info about the success of an alpha they (AFAIK) look at steam statistics that surely tell them how many play the current version and how many play older versions. 

Archived