Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Any chance the traders will have a little company? They seem all alone at there post. I would think that a trader or a trading guild that could establish a well defended trading post would have some helpers and even guards. NPC's working things, doing maintenance even guarding walls, shooting any baddies that get close.

Who know's, it would be a great place to hire a follower even.

Maybe it's the new rage mechanic throwing you off? Will be hard for the devs to adjust with only subjective feedback.

Faatal already knows its an issue. When you are the client in a peer to peer game, the zombies hit you from a ridiculous lengths. A few alphas ago it was not a problem.

It has nothing to do with a bad internet connection... i repeat.... I has nothing to do with a bad internet connection.

Faatal already knows its an issue. When you are the client in a peer to peer game, the zombies hit you from a ridiculous lengths. A few alphas ago it was not a problem.

It has nothing to do with a bad internet connection... i repeat.... I has nothing to do with a bad internet connection.

Just because he acknowledged it can be improved doesnt mean it's the only variable. Latency is a factor for melee combat in all MP games. Some more then others. Mind you, I'm not stating latency is the main issue.

Edit: he may also be experiencing something different then yourself. Thus why I asked questions to better understand instead of assuming one issue fits them all.

Maybe it's the new rage mechanic throwing you off? Will be hard for the devs to adjust with only subjective feedback.

No, the range has definitely changed, and the issue is completely orthogonal to the rage mechanic, which is a feature that I welcome.

I'm not sure what else I can say, other than try a previous alpha (maybe 16 or earlier, I can't remember when it changed) and compare it for yourself. Until then it seems a bit odd to call it "subjective feedback", especially when it's already been acknowledged by the devs as an issue.

More links to relevant stuff in this post:

https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/-7-days-to-die-pc/news-announcements/138574-alpha-19-dev-diary/page291#post1720713

To add to this, for me the issue is also that I can hit them from a ridiculous distance.

Wifi is probably better now, but I only wifi on my phone or I am going to be moving around with my laptop. When I started using video streaming 15 years ago it was terrible on wifi. So I tried a powerline adapter and still use it today. Will probably be cheaper than extender. Haven't priced on in 15 years tho.

well i have no cord for my PC, my brother gave me a Old Wifi extender, however it broke and i have No wifi on my PC i can still play 7dtd heck im playing right now!, but i have no wifi and if i get a message for the per-Alpha 19 (if i get it), will not show up, same with Discord. :/

well i have no cord for my PC, my brother gave me a Old Wifi extender, however it broke and i have No wifi on my PC i can still play 7dtd heck im playing right now!, but i have no wifi and if i get a message for the per-Alpha 19 (if i get it), will not show up, same with Discord. :/

lol thats the same one im getting mailed, but i says its not coming until next week on Friday or Saturday :)

i just hope it will come before Pre-alpha 19, i don't want to miss out!

lol thats the same one im getting mailed, but i says its not coming until next week on Friday or Saturday :)

i just hope it will come before Pre-alpha 19, i don't want to miss out!

Pray real hard to the god of postage and they might deliver early.

Yea i think somewhere after A16 it went wonky.

Maybe our latency just got worse at the exact same time ;) lol

I think A17 is when anim syncing changed, does caching and that has some delay in it, so a zombie playing an attack anim is potentially delayed on the client even more from that.

The range, delays and interpolation all need to be reevaluated. AI close to a player should have a higher priority for sending packets to that client with little to no delay. Should not be that hard to improve.

I think A17 is when anim syncing changed, does caching and that has some delay in it, so a zombie playing an attack anim is potentially delayed on the client even more from that.

The range, delays and interpolation all need to be reevaluated. AI close to a player should have a higher priority for sending packets to that client with little to no delay. Should not be that hard to improve.

The thing is, when you start talking about something, we see it done not too long after. We are used to it. You spoil us too much, lol.

lol ours here in aust the post office delivers parcels to the wrong address constantly. suburbs away lol. They are as useful as tits on a bull

I get that. Last month I received a game I ordered 12 years ago. 12 YEARS ago. XD

Meanwhile, they deliver a few books a week and a half early.

lmao haha what game lol. haha wonder if it is even playable on todays puters haha

I was mistaken. 16 years ago. Time sure flies, doesn't it?

Frogger. I thought it was a fever dream I had as a kid. Haha. Turns out it is apparently a thing.

I remember my parents telling me, "You have to be patient."

16 years later...

I was mistaken. 16 years ago. Time sure flies, doesn't it?

Frogger. I thought it was a fever dream I had as a kid. Haha. Turns out it is apparently a thing.

I remember my parents telling me, "You have to be patient."

16 years later...

hahahahahahahaha lol. well you were def patient lol...

Archived