Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

No it didn't get good, unless they have done substantial updates in the 9 months or so. I bought if after supposed improvements and left my first and only negative review on steam. Why because you don't charge AAA money for a DDD product, and its a ♥♥♥♥ game with nothing to do after you figure out how to breath and make fuel. Everything was the same more or less. What is your purpose? NPCs are horrible pigs you can't even understand without some stupid mini game completed. Give me a star wars cantina with badass aliens I can do jobs for in a standard format and it would be shut up and take my money.

Did Madmole just quotet a Meme ( Fry) ? The Man has a lot of mysterys going on ^^

Gonna give my $3.50 here.

How about a jungle biome with palmtrees & coconuts and whatnot? Toss a tiger in there and some mangos too. Ooh, and you could make a challenge called 'Bye tiger'. But seriously a jungle biome would be fun.

]

last time i checked i don't think there is Jungles in Arizona

No it didn't get good, unless they have done substantial updates in the 9 months or so. I bought if after supposed improvements and left my first and only negative review on steam. Why because you don't charge AAA money for a DDD product, and its a ♥♥♥♥ game with nothing to do after you figure out how to breath and make fuel. Everything was the same more or less. What is your purpose? NPCs are horrible pigs you can't even understand without some stupid mini game completed. Give me a star wars cantina with badass aliens I can do jobs for in a standard format and it would be shut up and take my money.

They have done substantial updates, however it's still not quite there yet. It's interesting that two years after going gold, they finally have most of the features that they advertised they would have at release. It still doesn't have enough real content to keep me interested. The story is just too lackluster. Same issue with Ark and Conan. After you defeat the challenge of basic survival, there really isn't a whole lot to do but explore more of the same thing.

Same issue with Ark and Conan. After you defeat the challenge of basic survival, there really isn't a whole lot to do but explore more of the same thing.

I agree with you to some degree. I played vanilla Ark more than I did 7D2D before moving to overhaul mods. Wish there more for Conan, but currently only AoC. It adds lot with clans, magic and started adding sub clans.

If we are talking about paint-textures im with you. i really need more variety there too.

if you are talking Deco-Blocks, they are adding tons of it. It allready good a huge boost with A18. Think of the Coffeemachines, Wagon, Microwave etc.

Yes, im talking about paint-textures, but more deco block would not be bad! :tan:

Coming from me personally, I would never purchase a product where the developers/creators intentionally lied about the features within said product. Sure, NMS may have most of the features they promised years ago, but that hasn't swayed my moral compass. A missing feature or two by release? Fine, I'm willing to let that one slide, provided there is even a vague explanation for it. But the extent they went to...

Personally, for me, I’ll purchase a game if it is fun and entertaining. I don’t consider outside baggage attached to the actual gameplay that I’m interested in. The developers aren’t going to be sitting next to me while I play and I won’t give what they might or might not have done in 2017 a single thought while I’m engrossed in their game now in 2020.

players look bad because they do not take the time to apply the correct makeup needed. :) besides... who wants to shoot good looking people, i mean everybody always shoots at me. :)

Yeah, I know. But the good thing is that our aim is improving! :wink-new:

Will continue to hold off playing until next alpha as I always do! I always like completely restarting every alpha , playing as long as I can go before I start to get bored etc. and every single alpha my play time has gotten longer and longer...so that means its all going in a good direction , with the only thing stopping my from playing now is the real life virus and my weapon and supply hording for THAT ;)

Any chance we can see a trader in Perishton Navezgane? Also I would love to see trader Jen set up on a main road or something. Having to find her in the wastelands is a pain.

Trader Jen packed up and moved out of her post in the wasteland. She now resides in a better place. Not George Jefferson better but still.....a little better....

They have done substantial updates, however it's still not quite there yet. It's interesting that two years after going gold, they finally have most of the features that they advertised they would have at release. It still doesn't have enough real content to keep me interested. The story is just too lackluster. Same issue with Ark and Conan. After you defeat the challenge of basic survival, there really isn't a whole lot to do but explore more of the same thing.

NMS feels like a never-ending tutorial to me... :dispirited:

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived