Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

22 minutes ago, XCOUNTRY said:

On the topic of weapons...I hope the burst mod got a little bit of love in A19. It is wonky IMO. The burst just stops the gun from shooting more than three rounds while holding down fire. If I tap fire, it'll still shoot just one round. About the only useful thing they do is up the damage at the cost of a mod slot. At the least, the fire rate needs to be increased when installed so that all three rounds are sent per click. Even with all the fire rate perks and stuff maxed out, it's still too slow between rounds and doesn't feel right. The other two work as intended IMO.

Funny you mention this.  The auto trigger mod had the same problem.  All it did was allow you to hold down your fire button and increase damage alittle (tested on sniper rifle)  I had to create a mod to increase RPM to make it feel more worthwhile to use.

6 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Funny you mention this.  The auto trigger mod had the same problem.  All it did was allow you to hold down your fire button and increase damage alittle (tested on sniper rifle)  I had to create a mod to increase RPM to make it feel more worthwhile to use.

28 minutes ago, XCOUNTRY said:

On the topic of weapons...I hope the burst mod got a little bit of love in A19. It is wonky IMO. The burst just stops the gun from shooting more than three rounds while holding down fire. If I tap fire, it'll still shoot just one round. About the only useful thing they do is up the damage at the cost of a mod slot. At the least, the fire rate needs to be increased when installed so that all three rounds are sent per click. Even with all the fire rate perks and stuff maxed out, it's still too slow between rounds and doesn't feel right. The other two work as intended IMO.

i hope that the new Tier 2 AR (the Tactical Assault Rifle)  has burst, and yes i do wish that they upped it, what if i wanted to turn my pistol into a B23R? and turn my Marksman rifle into a auto Combat rifle? 

11 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

it's almost as good as using a torch that doesn't require repair at all and can set them on fire at times. :)

The torch is slow and uses a lot of stamina. No, the shiv, whatever it is called these days, does truly have stats rather similar to the hunting knife, at least on alpha 18.

1 minute ago, dcsobral said:

What, you don't power attack with it once and then go on to the next zombie, leaving the previous one to die of bleeding?

That is how I use it. Stab and move on if more than one target reachable.

1 minute ago, Xtrakicking said:

Ahh, I guess that's my problem. The fact that zombies die of bleeding is ludicrous to me... 😅

They are not undead zombies. They are bio-chemical warfare zombies, but otherwise alive. At least, that was the explanation at one point. Aren't they called "infected"? Though "zombie" is used everywhere internally, I think the game tries to avoid calling them zombies.

8 minutes ago, dcsobral said:

They are not undead zombies. They are bio-chemical warfare zombies, but otherwise alive. At least, that was the explanation at one point. Aren't they called "infected"? Though "zombie" is used everywhere internally, I think the game tries to avoid calling them zombies.

Oh God... here we go.

So, one of my little nitpicks with this game is that there's little to no lore at all, and the devs haven't really defined what type of zombies they want at all either. Madmole has said many times in previous posts that these zombies are undead zombies, not infected (he said it recently when arguing about zombies not drowning). You can clearly see that zombies are injured with mortal wounds, such as having their faces torn apart and their skulls split open, showing their brains. You can also dismember all their limbs, yet they don't die of bleeding then, and can stay alive with no problem. Also, now with the new zombies it's even more clear that they're rotting corpses that walk, and that's the way the devs seemed to refer to the zombies. Clearly, they'd be the "undead" type, right?

Then how come they die of bleeding from a knife? 

Part of me hopes that the bleeding bonus is applied on zombies as a placeholder for when bandits and NPCs show up... Cause no aspect of the game hints at zombies being infected people that are still alive.

Archived