Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Thanks for the laughs roland...I'm not one to complain about the well endowed but boy did the artist not hold back any lol...

TFPs: After much discussion we have decided to remove the cheerleader zombie as we felt she was a bit offensive.

Peanut Gallery: TFPs rock!!!!

TFPs: In other news we introduce to you our new trader Jen model!!!

Peanut Gallery: ...

Lol

I might have a look, is it better than No Man's Sky?

you should look into Empyrion Galactic survial, its a good comparison to space engineers, and alot better than no man`s sky.

and it seams the developers are really passionate about their game.

Some time ago I read here that new player characters are not priority because game is in first person and you dont see them the most time. But when you play with someone you see them a lot and now even mannequins looks better than players characters. I hope they get some care too :)

Need to make room for bandits and special infected and I didn't say we won't add more zombies that make sense. You guys want more zombie variety, well it can't be a football player, but it could be something much more believable and that is called bang for your buck. I can guarantee you ever new player will never even see a football player, but everyone will see more gen pop zombies. So we're removing some snowflakes to make room for stuff that makes sense. The stripper will be a gal in a dress because its stupid to make a zombie only good in one POI in the game. Nurse will wear scrubs instead of a party nurse cosplay outfit. Won't feel out of place anywhere then IMO.

Sounds very sensible to want to have believable zombies that are more generic and usable in many different settings, though does this mean that this is the situation in A19, as in is it on the road map that they will all be replaced with new skins by the time A19 becomes stable (19.4) or will you just remove them for now and leave a gap while they could just stay around until the replacement is ready? I am just wondering why they should be cut out when no replacement is available yet, is it because of the Linear Lightspace changes or something else?

Ya the destruction phases are cool, just wish that you could shoot or melee through them holes.

So we can get some licks in before this happens.

giphy.gif

huh.. some years back I was working in the ER of a Tiny Village, and the familiar of the Patient did exactly that to a real wooden door because he thought his mom was About to die (she wasn't and she didn't)… he was something like 2m tall and a few hundred kg of muscle so I just let him… after he finish with the door he just stormed out and I asked the nurse, should we call the Police or something? and she was like... nahh, he lives a few Streets from here, he's a Carpenter. we just got ourselves a new door. that one was was old anyway. XD

Some time ago I read here that new player characters are not priority because game is in first person and you dont see them the most time. But when you play with someone you see them a lot and now even mannequins looks better than players characters. I hope they get some care too :)

players look bad because they do not take the time to apply the correct makeup needed. :) besides... who wants to shoot good looking people, i mean everybody always shoots at me. :)

Actually there has been quite a bit of work to player animations. With that said, is 3rd person playing on the roadmap? I recall seeing a 3rd person video from Kinyajuu many moons ago.

huh.. some years back I was working in the ER of a Tiny Village, and the familiar of the Patient did exactly that to a real wooden door because he thought his mom was About to die (she wasn't and she didn't)… he was something like 2m tall and a few hundred kg of muscle so I just let him… after he finish with the door he just stormed out and I asked the nurse, should we call the Police or something? and she was like... nahh, he lives a few Streets from here, he's a Carpenter. we just got ourselves a new door. that one was was old anyway. XD

I wonder if he subconsciously went for the weak spots in his destruction process....?

Faatal, that head looking thingy (technical term :) ) Will that extend to players characters? If I am standing on a wall and another player looks up at me will their head tilt up like a zombies will?

If it already does that in game sorry. I haven't played a MP game in a while.

Archived