Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Love the 3 tier concept for weapons, hate that the SMG is just kinda thrown in with the pistols:
Are there any plans to add an SMG tier to keep with the three tier theme?

At least at later Alphas, I'm just ready to play with this one.

Current: 9mm->.44 revolver->Desert "Vulture" (.44)/SMG (9mm)
??Skorpion??->SMG->??tommygun??, I know its no where near close to a .45, but could have it shoot .44 mag.

I kind of assumed that the SMG was the low tier machine gun, but then you added two more machine guns and made the AK the low tier (the gall 😁).

Just now, XCOUNTRY said:

Love the 3 tier concept for weapons, hate that the SMG is just kinda thrown in with the pistols:

??Skorpion??->SMG->??tommygun??, I know its no where near close to a .45, but could have it shoot .44 mag.

I kind of assumed that the SMG was the low tier machine gun, but then you added two more machine guns and made the AK the low tier (the gall 😁).

I like that idea, I would go with Uzi<MP5<P90 tho

9 minutes ago, XCOUNTRY said:

well, the MP5 IS a pistol. just modified to be full auto

Just now, Sakurambo said:

i'd like the idea of a P-Chan in the game, but i always saw the P-90 as a compact assault rifle more than a submachine gun

It's a submachine gun, the thing is it has a bigger caliber than the uzi and mp5 (both 9mm) so we may confuse it with a rifle. The P90 goes a little beyond that, with the 5.7mm cartridge.

7 minutes ago, Trankitas said:

It's a submachine gun, the thing is it has a bigger caliber than the uzi and mp5 (both 9mm) so we may confuse it with a rifle. The P90 goes a little beyond that, with the 5.7mm cartridge.

could be labeled both way, it's kind of an hybrid

28 minutes ago, XCOUNTRY said:

i disagree with your chosen weapons, while i ask about this and Madmole said that "the MP5 will be another Tier 3 for pistols"

Uzi or Mac 10 (tier 1), MP5 (tier 2), Vector or Bison (tier 3)

all take 9mm

10 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

i disagree with your chosen weapons, while i ask about this and Madmole said that "the MP5 will be another Tier 3 for pistols"

Uzi or Mac 10 (tier 1), MP5 (tier 2), Vector or Bison (tier 3)

all take 9mm

I thought someone had brought this up before. I'm just hoping it gets revisited in future Alphas. I also just threw into a list two additional SMGs that popped into my head. I really don't care what they are. I just think it's a wasted opportunity to just leave the SMG hanging with the pistol crowd.

On the topic of weapons...I hope the burst mod got a little bit of love in A19. It is wonky IMO. The burst just stops the gun from shooting more than three rounds while holding down fire. If I tap fire, it'll still shoot just one round. About the only useful thing they do is up the damage at the cost of a mod slot. At the least, the fire rate needs to be increased when installed so that all three rounds are sent per click. Even with all the fire rate perks and stuff maxed out, it's still too slow between rounds and doesn't feel right. The other two work as intended IMO.

Archived