Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

2 less for now. We have the staff to do whatever we want now, but the first priority is to replace the ones we don want to keep, then we're going to focus on radiated which will be unique looking and have custom AI for each one. We'll delete all the old radiated then which are just glowing green ferals, nothing exciting about that. The new ones will be really cool, and present a unique challenge.

Are the new radiated zombies planned for A19 or A20?

not really, it looks like some Skinny girl that tuned

compared to the feral wight that thing looks freaky!, but i do hope that all the special zombies would look super mutated, kinda like the feral (granted not now but later alpha)

Didn`t mean it as a feral, her eyes are just on fire because she smells another brain, look behind her, the oven is already generated in her advantage. Horror.

They are being nuked. Why would we remove the stadium? The fans make up 99.99% of the population in a stadium anyway so the chances of seeing a football player or cheerleader would be slim at best. Realistically there would not be a game scheduled during a pandemic anyway, but some people might have taken refuge there or looted it post apocalypse.

Oh, COME on... even more being taken away? What for?

...I can appreciate it when you add MORE zombies, but taking the ones you have away? Who's to say they didn't die during the initial attacks from the war during a game and rose up later as zombies? You can make lore fit them easily.

Not a fan of the DE's silly looking rear sight and safety. Seriously, wtf....all the other weapons look serviceable but that's just goofy guys. The rear sight is just a bit of metal in a dovetail slot FFS it isn't like it's going to just flop out, they're pressed in. The front sight would have issues before most rear sights in fact. And, if you just up and lost the safety while totally disassembling it one day because, you know out on the zombie frontier you had to, nay NEEDED to take the most durable hand cannon on the planet down to bare metal one day....then fine, you need to get that safety working. How's about cutting that nail down a bit to make it...hmm...what's the term? USABLE??? And not be such a snag that it even stops a passing breeze??

Are the new radiated zombies planned for A19 or A20?

Definitely not coming in A19. Not even on the roadmap or concepted yet but I'm going to do that soon, the new art team is chewing through the zombie replacement faster than I expected.

Double doors might happen in A20, along with a complete door redo.

ngl the wood and iron doors are kind of the best doors Ive seen in a game in a long time with how many destruction stages they have and just how good they look. The only markedly cooler doors Ive seen are in Hob but I'm not expecting Hob's crazy curved stone and copper puzzle-box like well, everything, to be the new doors.

ngl the wood and iron doors are kind of the best doors Ive seen in a game in a long time with how many destruction stages they have and just how good they look. The only markedly cooler doors Ive seen are in Hob but I'm not expecting Hob's crazy curved stone and copper puzzle-box like well, everything, to be the new doors.

Ya the destruction phases are cool, just wish that you could shoot or melee through them holes.

So we can get some licks in before this happens.

giphy.gif

Are there any other zombies being replaced/removed? Honestly I kinda hoped that at least the football player would ram into you and knock you down.

We can do the same thing with special infected only better. It just feels weird to see a football player on a horde night. UMA experiment.

I've revisited Space Engineers recently, and this time in Survival Mode, which I hated before and wouldn't even bother with, all I used to do was build ships in creative mode, and that was just ok. But they have made significant improvements, in many ways, like finally having more than one f-ing texture. Though I still thinking taking it Gold was premature, at least it is now worth the effort. I mainly recommend trying it because it is another Voxel engine game, the "maps" are beyond huge, solar systems with multiple planets. As a gamer, and a maker of voxel games in particular, I think you'd find it worth looking into. Takes a hot minute to get used to survival play, and again I think it still needs a ton of gameplay work to call itself Gold, but it's kept me plenty busy playing with my sons while waiting on A19. 7DTD is of course still superior, especially with block detail, gameplay, and many other ways, and will of course still dominate my "hours played" list.

I loved Subnautica too, the new one has potential. Was actually interesting, and different, to reach an actual ending in a survival game.

Ditto with Borderlands, can't take that style seriously.

Forest had potential, but holy F was the story and atmosphere just over the top horrific for no good reason. Like, just mental more than horror, had neat building mechanics, but I got sick of it's enemies and storyline.

I might have a look, is it better than No Man's Sky?

I've been listening to your wise words for a while now, and I came to realize that our tastes are very similar if not equal. So I suggest the single player campaign of Call of Duty : Infinite Warfare. That one wasn't a sales success because COD's money mostly comes from multiplayer and in that title was bad, so it's a standalone game, but you will love it. Just the campaign. 10 hours of your time.

Now, back on topic, can you tell us about what the team is working on right now? Long time without a word and we love info.

Have a nice weekend !

Lots of new env art to upgrade the POIs to shippable quality, ISS with new crits, junk drone, music system polish, trader zoom when talk to them. GP crafts twice as fast, so prep for hordes won't be so annoying late game when you need 5k rounds.

Oh, COME on... even more being taken away? What for?

...I can appreciate it when you add MORE zombies, but taking the ones you have away? Who's to say they didn't die during the initial attacks from the war during a game and rose up later as zombies? You can make lore fit them easily.

Need to make room for bandits and special infected and I didn't say we won't add more zombies that make sense. You guys want more zombie variety, well it can't be a football player, but it could be something much more believable and that is called bang for your buck. I can guarantee you ever new player will never even see a football player, but everyone will see more gen pop zombies. So we're removing some snowflakes to make room for stuff that makes sense. The stripper will be a gal in a dress because its stupid to make a zombie only good in one POI in the game. Nurse will wear scrubs instead of a party nurse cosplay outfit. Won't feel out of place anywhere then IMO.

Archived