Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

This was a fun feature to do and took less than a day:

Added AI head tracking to movement or target positions.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":1729343}[/ATTACH]

LOL! That's great! You should also have them do the 180° turn like possessed people!

That would scare the crap out of most players! :eek2:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":1729343}[/ATTACH]

This is awesome, a seemingly small detail but will have a dramatic effect. Glad it was relatively easy to implement. Kudos.

Will be fun in multiplayer, watching them switch focus from one person to another, should make Neebs videos extra fun. Will even add some spice to Glock9's videos(my current fav), sure he'll have some colorful language the first time he notices it.

This is awesome, a seemingly small detail but will have a dramatic effect. Glad it was relatively easy to implement. Kudos.

Will be fun in multiplayer, watching them switch focus from one person to another, should make Neebs videos extra fun. Will even add some spice to Glock9's videos(my current fav), sure he'll have some colorful language the first time he notices it.

yep lol it be like from a excorcist movie lol. (1 player one side of horde another the other and the zs heads twisting like a tornado working out which to eat first lol)

I was remodeling and I don't feel any shame in breaking a block I earned and placed the hard way that I put down in the wrong spot. Hopefully we will have a remodel feature someday that does the same thing.

Ahh okay, totally understandable.

In case you or anyone else is curious, this is the extent I use the CM menu and DM menu for:

DM

1. To go into Fly Mode to take screenshots
  2. To roll the time back 3 hours at 10 AM on day 1, since you lose 3 hours on the first day

CM

1. Spawn in T6 military stealth boots if I craft a T5 pair
  2. Spawn in deco items for decorative purposes at the end of a game, and only those you cannot craft or buy at a trader
  3. If the game cheats me, I cheat it. If I die and my vehicle disappears, I'll roleplay that some thief took my vehicle and rode off with it. However, for example, if I lose my fully modded T6 steel spear by tossing it at the Earth and then it passes through the ground like a ghost, then I'm spawning it back in
  4. At the end of a game I type in "schematic" in the CM menu to look at what schematics I have yet to find, and just out of curiosity
  5. To spawn in iron hatches, garage doors, or rolling garage doors after I've crafted the first batch, since it's almost impossible to tell which side they will open from; if placed incorrectly, I destroy them with the Dev Super Digger. I do the same if I misplace drawbridges... several dozen times

And that's the full extent of it.

This is true. But tempering the mind along the way can lead to some amazing personal growth and lead you to new adventures where you are successful. Start small and aim higher as you go. Practice with an aim to get better than you were yesterday, not better than the best in the world and see how far you can go.

Very true. I'm currently looking into learning editing skills so that perhaps I'll be uploading videos I can be somewhat proud of by the time A19 rolls around; perhaps mythbusting content and tutorial videos for new players, to help build up an audience and, of course, to help the growing playerbase. But the trick isn't getting out of bed, metaphorically speaking; it's sticking to it.

We do use A* but how the zombies use it and react to it doesn't fall out the sky with zero effort. Its possible we've modified it heavily too. People are stupid and think making games is easy. If it were easy everyone would be a millionaire.

MM, you are wrong! If games were easy to do, there would be no millionaires, it would just be 100,500 times more games =)

Those Male or female player models are iconic. If you ever played with more then 2 other people, it was like twins everywhere lol

lol yep least now and at end game i guess there be more variations and with modders adding more in at some stage even more. so uniqueness be available to us all.

Code. Done using EModelBase LateUpdate LookAtUpdate, which modifies the head rotation after animation.

Now all we need is for the following sequence to occur:

Player steps on pile of trash. A Marlene, who is in the same room ahead of them and slumped over the floor, slowly turns her head around a full 180 degrees to face the player. ;)

This is the coolest news in recent times !!! =)

Now the zombies will cease to be just dolls or robots again, they will again become half-dead enemies who are watching you and are eager to eat your brain !!! =)

People need very little to be happy! )

This is the coolest news in recent times !!! =)

Now the zombies will cease to be just dolls or robots again, they will again become half-dead enemies who are watching you and are eager to eat your brain !!! =)

People need very little to be happy! )

Well yah, now hordes will feel more like this...

mObSuil.jpg

Archived