Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Big Bertha in the new concept art on Twitter looks awfully like the (woman? zombie?) from Dawn of the Dead. Just voicing my concern, but maybe you should be afraid of copyright issues and consider changing her design.

EWOurErWAAMH2OH?format=jpg&name=small

EWOdHi7UYAELeIO?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

I dont think the look itself is copyrighted...?

Now if she had the same name as the character....

Still should make a shirt that says "I was there when it was square!" that shows the old A7 and early gameplay...Would be "retro-cool" for all us old time players...lol

I'm sure TFP will find time to make a "Legacy Skins" option you can activate in game to have zombies look like the old times... :wink-new:

This was a fun feature to do and took less than a day:

Added AI head tracking to movement or target positions.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":1729343}[/ATTACH]

Thanks, you rock for working these features in that will greatly add to the game's immersion.

Really excited about the upcoming changes.

The Zombies looking at you with the new models is going to be super creepy.

@faatal will the roads be getting any painted lines on them in random gen?

People are going way to worked up about drones, none of us have played it yet so we have no idea how its going to play, so relax.

If you dont like them, dont build them/ scrap them if you find them simple.

People are going way to worked up about drones, none of us have played it yet so we have no idea how its going to play, so relax.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the lines alone roads would have all faded away by now.

EVIDENCE

"Latex-based paint, for example, can last from six months to one year under normal road conditions. Water-based paint is also expected to last up to one year, and in some cases two years, under normal conditions. Thermoplastic, on the other hand, is a more durable material, and in many areas can last several years."

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the lines alone roads would have all faded away by now.

EVIDENCE

"Latex-based paint, for example, can last from six months to one year under normal road conditions. Water-based paint is also expected to last up to one year, and in some cases two years, under normal conditions. Thermoplastic, on the other hand, is a more durable material, and in many areas can last several years."

True enough, but its not like there is hundreds of cars driving around and if it was that far in the future, there would be no canned food.

I just like it for the immersion, like road and sidewalks that connect to each and make sense, proper road networks.

Like houses having a garage but no driveway, drives me nuts if I use it as a base I build a driveway lol.

Perhaps at this point they should think about including an actual first aid kit, one that has approximately 1 slot for each type of treatment. Like a backpack inside of the backpack.

Maybe the first aid kit would need to actually be deployed; set it on the ground to open it up for adding or removing items

yeah, the more I think about it the more I like the idea of a deployable first aid kit

What if first aid kits instead just had value of, say, 100, and however much HP it healed got subtracted from the value? It would make them more versatile and slot saving without needing to consume an entire kit to heal up, rather you could use it for minor injuries. For status effects like broken leg or bleeding it could subtract 10 from the kit, and have the first aid perk lower the amount of consumption for different effects.

Mr. Mole, i have noticed that Composer Mick Gordon no longer works for Bethesda.

Since you allready hired a Dev from Doom 2016, you maybe consider hiring Mick to pimp the Soundtrack?

For the poor souls that dont know him: watch BFG Division on Youtube to get a taste :)

but could you imagine this game with that many zs at once. even more. argh one could dream....

I Believe Days Gone has that many Zs roaming in the world. PS exclusive tho.

also... I don't have permission to open that link :( can someone repost it to give Access to us plebeians?

I Believe Days Gone has that many Zs roaming in the world. PS exclusive tho.

also... I don't have permission to open that link :( can someone repost it to give Access to us plebeians?

yep played it and completed it lol 100% those hordes were crazy fun. completely terrifying if you could get that horde size in 7dtd we all would wet our pants.

hover drones will probably be trash without heavy investment into turrets and eat thru 9mm very quickly.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived