Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Hated

It addresses the issue, yes, but it falls too short. Food is still over abundant, and I think Jugginator's post and screenshot in the previous page are the perfect example to prove it. Day 22, 8 full stacks of meat that will never rot (among many other food items). He's pretty much settled for the rest of his playthrough.

I get that food spoilage brings other gameplay, balance and design matters to take into account as well, but it would certainly be the solution to the piles of meat that players currently sit upon.

He's good for a week maybe. One stack a meat lasts about a day unless you use guns, mine with an auger and never walk anywhere.

Yes you can melt them back down in the forge. I usually build right by a pond or have know of a few I can fill 100+ up at a time on the way to somewhere. Snow is a last resort.

I live in the snow biome. So snow is my equivalent of a water source for me. 😎👍

Hah yeah lol. I get it's really a resource but the survival aspect (besides zombies) is kinda lacking atm.

Btw speaking of that, howzabout making weather survival a thing? I saw pneumonia being mentioned in-game but I don't think it actually happens. That and heat stroke, frostbite and stuff would be nice to have.

Weather needs love yet, 18 had enough going on we're lucky its not completely stupid at least.

@madmole loot feels really good right now, the best its been in a long time balance wise imo. I was wondering though is it possible to tie in trader rewards to loot % on map though?

I know your constantly tweaking the amount of reards it gives, but for consumables that would be a very nice touch to have those effected by the server.

one way to solve this is make only use of the bucket to get murky water. And/or add a water barrel (or purification station?).

edit: BTW we also always drop jars after getting a working forge.

Why, so you can go dig sand in the desert and craft more in a forge? Maybe my play style is radically different, but I cook up hundreds of glue, make hundreds of duct tape so I need ALL my jars for that. I repair every q2+ item I find and sell it to maximize XP and dukes from selling.

Why, so you can go dig sand in the desert and craft more in a forge? Maybe my play style is radically different, but I cook up hundreds of glue, make hundreds of duct tape so I need ALL my jars for that. I repair every q2+ item I find and sell it to maximize XP and dukes from selling.

That's the difference between SP and MP. I agree with you for on SP but on MP it is another game (when teaming up)

I'll start a poll of "do you throw away glass jars" in the general section of the forums just for ♥♥♥♥s and giggles lol. :)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?134457-POLL-Do-you-throw-away-glass-jars

If you guys want to waste your sand and clay and wood to smelt jars that is fine. I hoard mine because its a waste to toss them out and then waste resources making them lol. Even if I'm the only guy on the planet saving his jars we're not taking jars out. We have better things to focus on.

Why? And what's replaced this? Or did someone just decide to ... yank all our ability to make med kits, and make the Physician perk items rather pointless? Uhg, one less use for all this dang corn.

<item name="medicalBloodDrawKit"><!-- deprecated -->
<property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/>
<property name="CustomIcon" value="missingIcon"/>
<property name="DescriptionKey" value="deprecatedBlockDesc"/>
<property name="HoldType" value="3"/>
<property name="Meshfile" value="#Other/Items?Food/emptyJarPrefab.prefab"/>
<property name="DropMeshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sack_droppedPrefab.prefab"/>
<property name="Material" value="Mplastics"/>
<property name="Weight" value="6"/>
<property name="Stacknumber" value="1"/> <!-- STK loot -->
</item>

No high end item should be 100% farmable. People were spam farming blood kits respawn, do it again and again until they had 500 blood bags or whatever. We didn't want an inconsistent death debuff either to stop them from doing it, so the logical choice was to make blood bags more probably in loot and remove crafting them.

@madmole loot feels really good right now, the best its been in a long time balance wise imo. I was wondering though is it possible to tie in trader rewards to loot % on map though?

I know your constantly tweaking the amount of reards it gives, but for consumables that would be a very nice touch to have those effected by the server.

Not easily, no.

I always carry wood, scrap iron and jars on me. You need wood to craft frames, and I pick up and scrap every chair so I rarely need to gather wood or plant tree farms. Cans get scrapped and go to my scrap iron pile, which you will accumulate over time. Same with jars, one drink and you have another in your inventory, so those 3 always have a spot in my backpack.

I don't care for the water purifier murk doesn't give you any benefits like teas/mineral water do and I don't like drinking/eating a lot of low low stat items, I'd rather drink one big ass mineral water once a day and be good for an hour, and eat a high calorie cooked meal than spam down a bunch of chili cans.

Up until a18 I always kept wood on me, and kept empty jars until I had to choose mid-POI which thing to keep and which not to. Then the jars were one of the first to go. I often put dump chests out by the street so more often than not I'd go back if I had left more than a few jars etc. behind.

In a18 I've stopped carrying wood after maybe day 2 and the jars aren't worth going back for. I don't use frames much at all, maybe a single one in a few POIs here and there but the furniture IN the POI provides the 10 wood I need for that. Regarding the jars, it's because I've been close enough to a desert in every a18 world that I'm doing yucca juice almost all the time so the hydration isn't much of an issue, and haven't been doing major glue production so I don't need as much water overall. Toilets etc. have been enough most of the time.

I rarely cook now that I'd have to either have vitamins or risk puking out what I'd just eaten. I get that way more often than 2% or 3% of the time, despite the skill and item text's claims, and it annoys me. I've been subsisting off canned food and maybe eating home cookin' once a week in a binge. Usually while doing an all-night mining fest.

My solo worlds food has come in just about at the right speed. The multiplayer ones it's been scarce enough to be a concern.

I live in the snow biome. So snow is my equivalent of a water source for me.

I don't live in one, but I find one and grab a small mountain of snowballs. I dislike having to run out and grab water.

Just grabbed 2k more last night, quest was right at the edge of the biome, so head over, shovel for 10 min and I'm set.

I do save my jars as you get so many, but then when you need to make glue.. well, there's goes a few stacks.

(have over 1200 bones saved up, so gonna need another chemstation for that. bullet production keeps the current 2 busy all the time)

Any plans to differentiate clothing more and give more value to Needle and Thread? Right now there's not many clothing pieces worth picking over BDU sicne it's mostly just insulation values, which is too common to loot or get from traders to make crafting it a good completion bonus.

It'd be interesting if they were separated into common clothes that only gave some insulation, while others are rare and are more likely to need to be crafted and some gave a point in skills, especially hats and shoes which also take up armor slots. Overalls could give a point in Living Off the Land, Press Boy Cap could give Charismatic Nature, Hooded Sweatshirt could give From the Shadows, and BDU could give some kind of combat bonuses.

If you guys want to waste your sand and clay and wood to smelt jars that is fine. I hoard mine because its a waste to toss them out and then waste resources making them lol. Even if I'm the only guy on the planet saving his jars we're not taking jars out. We have better things to focus on.

lol who in there right mind would want glass jars removed lol they crazy. After creating the poll I was shocked to see more than half the players keep jars. After hearing the reasons why, I'll probably start saving them as well vs driving all the way out to the desert just to make them. seems crafting them is less efficient and holding on to them is a smarter way to play. :)

I live in the snow biome. So snow is my equivalent of a water source for me.

Yeah, the snow to water recipe needs to take at least 10x more snow each...a stone shovel and 1 minute of real time and you have a lifetime supply of snowmelt that won't ever melt in the chests, even if you store it in the desert surrounded by campfires.

Yeah, the snow to water recipe needs to take at least 10x more snow each...a stone shovel and 1 minute of real time and you have a lifetime supply of snowmelt that won't ever melt in the chests, even if you store it in the desert surrounded by campfires.

what's the point? then we just go fill jars once in a while. It's not a big deal to do that, just a bit more convenient to have snowballs.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm on day 40 on current playthrough. I have eaily 1600 bones and counting. I rarely have to craft duct tape to make repair kits. Almost all duct tape I either find in trash piles or I buy them from trader. Same thing with brass. I have so much brass, it's a non issue.

Gracies. LOTS of bones there. (for those wondering how to get so many) Oh, and some of the army camps. Those corpse bags?

:)

Hey guys, couple of friends and I are coming back after a bit of a hiatus. Excited to check out alpha 18.1. Sounds like some great changes.

This is probably going to seem like a dumb question. But we used to change the option on the game in steam to latest_experimental. However, that does not seem to be there currently. My guess is its not since 18.1 b8 is considered stable. So I picked 18.1 stable, let the game download, and fired it up. My concern is that it still says 18.1 (b7) in the corner and not b8. Am I on the latest stable? Or do I have some sort of issue where Im not getting the latest stable release?

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this has been asked. I did try and search to see but didnt find anything.

Hey guys, couple of friends and I are coming back after a bit of a hiatus. Excited to check out alpha 18.1. Sounds like some great changes.

This is probably going to seem like a dumb question. But we used to change the option on the game in steam to latest_experimental. However, that does not seem to be there currently. My guess is its not since 18.1 b8 is considered stable. So I picked 18.1 stable, let the game download, and fired it up. My concern is that it still says 18.1 (b7) in the corner and not b8. Am I on the latest stable? Or do I have some sort of issue where Im not getting the latest stable release?

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this has been asked. I did try and search to see but didnt find anything.

Select NONE-- Opt out of all beta's for the most current stable version. Sounds like the 18.1 option in the beta opt in didn't get the hotfix.

@guppycur

OMG thank you for the video on the Nitrogen map generator!!! I finally have real cities again. I am in one now that has like 9 sky crappers, and just MASSIVE!!!! my map generated perfectly. no weird raised land like in your video. It is perfect! Big mountains in the back ground feel like I am living in Denver LOL. Oh and the waste land SOOOOO cool what they did with that, (no spoilers)

thanks!!!

All weapons have random magazine capacity due to quality and random stats. Ak can hold less than 30 or a lot more than that, depending on random stats and mods.

sorry but that is pretty lame. I can maybe see the quality affecting total ammo capacity... however you still missed the main point I am making about basic firearms mechanics. I know this isnt a simulator however these are basic mechanics found in just about every modern shooter on the market.

Oh are you the Warren Buffet of gaming now? :D We're doing a full localization and adding new languages. China is the 2nd biggest buyer and only 1% of them speak English, so we see a huge potential in foreign markets.

Revenue is a beast on that one. Coca Cola is the way to go then. Mixed investment. Be aware of Shamway. It's plummeting.

He's good for a week maybe. One stack a meat lasts about a day unless you use guns, mine with an auger and never walk anywhere.

So... Level 35 or so? I'm clearing POIs with a pistol (silenced) in stealth mode. I get there on a motorcycle, and what mining I do is now going to be augur-based because we've got alllll the gas, I found an augur last night, and we can.

For some of us, that's the point of the game. Get vehicles, go loot that dead city to the ground, mine what's needed as fast as possible, and clear for Horde night.

Of course, we're also multiplayer and it's well established by this point that we're a bunch of softies who like it easy-mode-ish. But that's okay, we still have fun.

Archived