Pre-Release Streaming Weekend Event -- A18 edition

Roland

Makes those of us who have been loyal (not just turn up to please an audience) seem insignificant doesn't it?

Never mind, we un vip's (minions) just have to wait.

Annoying..but there it is..

:upset::offended::crushed::distrust:

I understand your frustration, but there are some true fans among Youtubers too. Sure they are playing it for audience, but they are playing it even when there's no new Alpha, simply because they like the game.

What is the need? There is no need.

It is fun. It is exciting. It gets many people pumped up. Do you say “What is the need for a party?” “What is the need for a chocolate chip cookie?” “What is the need for playing video games?”

Maybe you don’t like watching streams. Well there are those who don’t like video games, cookies, or parties. Doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t enjoy those things without calculating the needs....

What is the need? There is no need.

It is fun. It is exciting. It gets many people pumped up. Do you say “What is the need for a party?” “What is the need for a chocolate chip cookie?” “What is the need for playing video games?”

Maybe you don’t like watching streams. Well there are those who don’t like video games, cookies, or parties. Doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t enjoy those things without calculating the needs....

Sorry Roland, this doesn't really help to alleviate the frustration, your words only escalate it. Sure, nobody will rebel as that would probably get them banned, but it will still eat them from inside like a cancer.

Sorry Roland, this doesn't really help to alleviate the frustration, your words only escalate it. Sure, nobody will rebel as that would probably get them banned, but it will still eat them from inside like a cancer.

No need for melodrama. If something like this will eat you up inside...like CANCER then I think you need to rethink your priorities.

If anyone ever wants to chat about the pros/cons to watching/supporting streamers, I'd definitely be open to a good conversation via DMs.

The TFP team was super kind and hooked us up with a code to give away for a charity event this weekend to help abandoned dogs; there's some real good that comes out of these relationships & Twitch.

No need for melodrama. If something like this will eat you up inside...like CANCER then I think you need to rethink your priorities.

This is not about how individual players manage their priorities, we all come here in our free time. It's about the fact we as a player base are no longer one group of people who are treated the same way and apparently this is the source of frustration for some people around here, because there are regular players and then ther are streamers who get their hands on new Alphas before anyone else. All I'm saying is that trying to make their concerns look unimportant will just escalate the frustration. Nobody will come here to say that out loud for obvious reasons, but that doesn't mean they are okay with it. As for the analogy that I used, I apologize that I did not use something you would expect instead of this one. English is not my native language, therefore I can only hope that you will understand the metaphor without taking it as a cheap chance to verbally attack me.

Is anyone that is bothered by streamers playing a few days earlier involved in a business at all? We are only 'paying' by waiting a few more days and we all reap the benefits of the exposure. Every new player purchasing the game equals more money for future development.

As far as streamers, they are trying to make a buck and have to work for it, too. They have costs associated with what they're doing, both in financial investment in equipment and investment in editing, creating overlays and maintaining their fan bases and whatever else is involved. I don't see any of them here demanding payment for regularly marketing the game for free.

Didn't Gazz say all of this more concisely a dozen pages ago?

Is anyone that is bothered by streamers playing a few days earlier involved in a business at all? We are only 'paying' by waiting a few more days and we all reap the benefits of the exposure. Every new player purchasing the game equals more money for future development.

As far as streamers, they are trying to make a buck and have to work for it, too. They have costs associated with what they're doing, both in financial investment in equipment and investment in editing, creating overlays and maintaining their fan bases and whatever else is involved. I don't see any of them here demanding payment for regularly marketing the game for free.

Sorry, you ran out of sugar. I could counter-argument your points, but I don't think it would get us somewhere. Like the one where you said that streamers have to work for it and it costs them a lot of money to be able to do that and what not.. Come on, they would be streaming anyway, so their costs and investment into equipment has nothing to do with this particular game, because this game is just one item on their long list of their projects.. I'll tell you what is this about. What is the itch of regular people with this. Higher class and plebs. It wasn't always that way and many regular people still streamed the heck of the new Alphas anyway, so the profit here sounds more like a placebo effect although naturally, I don't have actual numbers, but regular people were always streaming, recording too, even without the expensive equipment and most importantly without getting paid for views and yet everyone was happy and everything was fine and I'm pretty sure they still do that these days. Well... As soon as they as plebs are allowed to enter the "Early Access" they paid for...

Just remember this, Yes their game but our money.

Most streamers I know have never invested in the 7 DTD Kickstarter but are treated like royalty over the investors who gave money to support TFP. This practice needs to stop and should be condemned.

Most streamers I know have never invested in the 7 DTD Kickstarter but are treated like royalty over the investors who gave money to support TFP. This practice needs to stop and should be condemned.

People shouldn't be afraid to let the others know if they don't like something or don't agree with the course of the development. It's a part of feedback even if it's not always positive, right? Unfortunately, self-censorship is strong in this community.

Maybe the streamers didn't invest money, but they invest a whole lot of time in their business...and in business u know, time is money. Building up - and keeping - a community of >5k followers/subscribers doesn't come out of nowhere.

It might seem that it might be a dream job like "I'm playing my favourite games all day and make a living out of letting other people watch me"

But there's more behind it. And surely it can be a pain in the a** as in every other profession.

To give away a certain amount of spare money that you didn't want to invest at the stock market or something...seems not that elaborate.

but before this turns into a big wall of text, as it seems to become courteous in this forum, my point is just:

I'm okay with getting it three days later...wow that ain't so much time. And i will even watch a stream, cause besides i like to play 7D2D, i will support people who invest time/money to entertain me.

Aight. The sour ones get their way. The pimps have stated multiple times the steaming event was a great success and is here to stay, but the ones that "invested" their few bucks 6 years ago feel stepped on their d*ckies so it stops. No streamer weekend. And we all get it on monday after what used to be the streamer weekend.

Now read that back and tell me what you /shareholders/ gain by pissing on streamerweekend? You will not get it earlier (except if you really think you have a damn thing to say about the release date because you spent 20 bucks on a game) and there will be no final rehersal.

Im not seeing it. What is the gain? A feeling of being important for spending 20 bucks on an early access game? A "if i dont get it nobody gets it" victory moment?

Sad just sad imo.

Disclaimer: all hypothetical of course. Steamer weekend was, is and will be a success for TFP. Feel free to keep expressing your sourness if you like dead horses but there is nothing to gain there. Its here to stay. TFP have made that perfectly clear. Accept it or dont.

Cheers

What? Did I miss the Streaming Event? I was soooo lookin forward to it, maybe next release...

I was so looking forward to watching other players not playing by using God Mode & endless resources from the Inventory...

I would like to remind players who don't want Digger Z's but fly around because they are afraid of the 1's on the ground, Guess What?

Z's can Fly Too You Know...

More Flyin Z's, More Flyin Z's, More Flyin Z's, More Flyin Z's,

& Diggers...

Aight. The sour ones get their way. The pimps have stated multiple times the steaming event was a great success and is here to stay, but the ones that "invested" their few bucks 6 years ago feel stepped on their d*ckies so it stops. No streamer weekend. And we all get it on monday after what used to be the streamer weekend.

Now read that back and tell me what you /shareholders/ gain by pissing on streamerweekend? You will not get it earlier (except if you really think you have a damn thing to say about the release date because you spent 20 bucks on a game) and there will be no final rehersal.

Im not seeing it. What is the gain? A feeling of being important for spending 20 bucks on an early access game? A "if i dont get it nobody gets it" victory moment?

Sad just sad imo.

Disclaimer: all hypothetical of course. Steamer weekend was, is and will be a success for TFP. Feel free to keep expressing your sourness if you like dead horses but there is nothing to gain there. Its here to stay. TFP have made that perfectly clear. Accept it or dont.

Cheers

Few bucks? I pledge four lots of the US$60 buddy packs (US$220) as giveaways on my Youtube page back in the old days.

I got my silver creator award a few years ago and refuse to partake in any activities that is seen as potentially unethical. Not only does it hurt my ratings when people feel unfairly treated but my comments get filled with hate.

So please keep the condescending cheap shots to yourself.

Few bucks? I pledge four lots of the US$60 buddy packs (US$220) as giveaways on my Youtube page back in the old days.

I got my silver creator award a few years ago and refuse to partake in any activities that is seen as potentially unethical. Not only does it hurt my ratings when people feel unfairly treated but my comments get filled with hate.

So please keep the condescending cheap shots to yourself.

Whatever mate. Streamer weekends are a fact. You have no influence on that. You have no special rights. Period. So keep on crying and spreading your sourness across this forum. See if i care. :)

Cheers

It's about the fact we as a player base are no longer one group of people who are treated the same way

Here is your one big mistake. Streamers (who do this as a job) are not part of the player base. A journalist of a games website is not part of the player base as well. The streamer weekend is a bussiness transaction between commercial entities where one party is paying for advertising aka publicity. Would you make a fuzz if TFP payed for an advertisement in The Washington Post or gave a key to a games website so they can review it?

I'm pretty sure you are older than 30, right? You have missed the big revolution. Newspapers are dying, TV is dying (very slowly). Young people already largely ignore those channels, their world is seen through a smartphone, social media and youtube videos.

Where's your "Original Survivor" forum badge for being a kickstarter, Mr. Joined-In-May of this year? You should just speak for yourself rather advocating for a group of people to which you don't belong. Many of the streamers have done more individually for the support of this game than any kickstart supporter who simply pledged a $30 pre-order of the game. The kickstarters will receive what they were offered in return for their pledge.

By the way, I still get emails from Members of the Holy Sanctum of Kickstarters who never activated their key and who have never played one second of the game and are wanting help to access their key so they can download the game and try it out for the first time ever. What about these Kickstarter Heroes who never once thought of the game for the past 6 years until one day they realize, "Oh yeah...what ever happened with that one zombie game....?" Are streamers who have been playing the game for at least a few months to several years and who have been introducing it to their followers during that time at least as worthy as these Newly Awakened?

Where's your "Original Survivor" forum badge for being a kickstarter, Mr. Joined-In-May of this year? You should just speak for yourself rather advocating for a group of people to which you don't belong. Many of the streamers have done more individually for the support of this game than any kickstart supporter who simply pledged a $30 pre-order of the game. The kickstarters will receive what they were offered in return for their pledge.

By the way, I still get emails from Members of the Holy Sanctum of Kickstarters who never activated their key and who have never played one second of the game and are wanting help to access their key so they can download the game and try it out for the first time ever. What about these Kickstarter Heroes who never once thought of the game for the past 6 years until one day they realize, "Oh yeah...what ever happened with that one zombie game....?" Are streamers who have been playing the game for at least a few months to several years and who have been introducing it to their followers during that time at least as worthy as these Newly Awakened?

Can I have my badge, since I am a backer?

Archived