Pre-Release Streaming Weekend Event -- A18 edition

Roland

Does anyone actually even know what benefit streamers provided when a17 was released? There must be some benefit in it otherwise common sense tells you tfp wouldn't be doing streamers again for a18 otherwise.

Benefits:

1) It works as a soft launch. There is great benefit to having 130 play before 13000 do just in case something nasty manifests. Devs and QA watch the streams and sometimes notice things while watching that they didn't while playing and they also hear the reactions of people getting their hands on it for the first time which they can't witness from the larger player base because they aren't going to be broadcasting publicly.

2) It publicizes the game to new eyeballs. Many of the streamers do multiple games and in the case of A17 which was an unpopular build for many-- quite a few were playing other games for the last several months which is great because they attracted viewers who liked those other games and probably didn't know about 7 Days to Die. Those new viewers are likely to watch when the notification comes that a stream is happening and they will have a chance of getting netted.

3) It creates excitement. Streaming is a Big Thing. I know there are those of you who will never watch probably like there were some who vowed never to watch football when televisions first came out.... However, you people who resent and are disgusted by the whole streamer lifestyle are a fast shrinking minority. The demographic of gamers who like to watch others play AND who like to socialize in the chat room while the play is happening is growing. The streamer event is a big party that everyone is invited to participate in and only the scrooges will take a pass on.

4) It is fun. It is so much fun to go watch a stream and then make a comment and then find out that Gazz and faatal and Madmole are there too and then others from the forum and all of a sudden everyone is joking around and talking trash and loling all over the place. It's meant to be a party and not a serious technical play through by an expert. It is just plain basic fun. The only better situation would be if we were all in a bar together and the streamer's gameplay was on a big screen and we could all socialize and discuss A18 and occasionally pay attention to the gameplay and either laugh or cringe at what happens.

5) It allows the main launch to happen after the weekend so that Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (official business days of operation) will have all hands on deck for doing quick patches and getting those new builds out fast if a gamebreaking bug rears its ugly head in the face of 10,000 different configs playing the game all of a sudden.

6) It gives me something to do and helps justify my position. So back off. :)

6) It gives me something to do and helps justify my position. So back off. smile.png

Bottom?

Were you thinking totem pole bottom or sexual position bottom?

words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words these Newly Awakened?

Does that mean they are zombies?

4) It is fun.

It seems many streamers need to talk constantly (without having to say much) which makes listening to them even worse than listening to sports commentators.

And many additionally act like the energizer bunny on cocaine: "Oh my god, I found a needle. What a find, I'm so happy. Oh look that zombie stumbled. HAHAHAAAA". They really are the worst.

Do you know any exceptions ? Then I might agree.

It seems many streamers need to talk constantly (without having to say much) which makes listening to them even worse than listening to sports commentators.

And many additionally act like the energizer bunny on cocaine: "Oh my god, I found a needle. What a find, I'm so happy. Oh look that zombie stumbled. HAHAHAAAA". They really are the worst.

Who are you watching? I know plenty of streamers that don't do that and they are fun to watch. If I click on some random stream and they acting anywhere near like you described then I click that X in the top right corner as fast as I clicked on the channel to watch.

Who are you watching? I know plenty of streamers that don't do that and they are fun to watch. If I click on some random stream and they acting anywhere near like you described then I click that X in the top right corner as fast as I clicked on the channel to watch.

None. I know a few from afar because a friend watches them and I hear their fluff-heavy monologues coming from a notebook loudspeaker adding bad sound to injury. I'm fully aware that their audience likes that style, I'm just not part of their target demography.

(Obviously I don't want to name names when I speak in such derogatory fashion in a thread about streaming)

I'm seriously considering hosting a release party on the A18 release weekend (in October) and watching a streamer. But I expect a difficult audience in that case :cocksure:

Jep, can confirm that. Lately i watched a bunch of vids on youtube by jawoodle. Used to find him entertaining, but he's exactly how you described. Had to hit the mute button after a while. Then left video cause without him commenting his actions it seems totally unreasonable what he's doing there.

Then switched to neebs gaming. Constant chattering there too (well it's not that unexpected there, because there is four of them).

These guys can be quite entertaining, but also r e a l l y annoying, according to how much beer you had before, and how vulgar their trash talk gets.

Well thats the point overall i guess: you have to be in the right mood yourself when watching a guy playing and commenting.

Jep, can confirm that. Lately i watched a bunch of vids on youtube by jawoodle. Used to find him entertaining, but he's exactly how you described. Had to hit the mute button after a while. Then left video cause without him commenting his actions it seems totally unreasonable what he's doing there.

Then switched to neebs gaming. Constant chattering there too (well it's not that unexpected there, because there is four of them).

These guys can be quite entertaining, but also r e a l l y annoying, according to how much beer you had before, and how vulgar their trash talk gets.

Well thats the point overall i guess: you have to be in the right mood yourself when watching a guy playing and commenting.

I used to confuse Streamers with Screamers, since they are almost the same thing, except Streamer cry's do not call zombies (yet).

Archived