Pre-Release Streaming Weekend Event -- A18 edition

Roland

Well, TFP are getting ready for A18. Latest_experimental isn't showing up on Steam anymore, but can be accessed with a password in the Beta tab (as seen on a SteamDb entry, showing "latest_experimental pwdrequired: 1").

Hyppppppe train!!!!

H

The Stream Event is officially scheduled for this weekend. The goal is Friday at noon CST for the build to be released. We put a password on latest_experimental to boot anyone off the beta who might have been playing on it but it is still an A17 build.

Hype train has definitely left the station and is picking up speed now. :)

The Stream Event is officially scheduled for this weekend. The goal is Friday at noon CST for the build to be released. We put a password on latest_experimental to boot anyone off the beta who might have been playing on it but it is still an A17 build.

Whew, guppys_special_sauce_branch is still active!

What, what...

We're finally in BETA, WOW

MM was talking about A19/20 in 1 of those Vid's...

Glad we are finally in BETA...

I'm just curious to know if there will be any performance improvement along with A18... 3x GPU fans get pretty loud during long sessions...:distrust:

I can't speak for AMD, but Nvidia cards in 9xx series or below are all getting pretty hot from current builds. 10xx and 20xx are dealing with it generally better overall, but don't show massive differences regarding heat. Make sure your fan(s) pulling air out of your case aren't fighting your gpu fans.

Are we in Beta once it drops?

He's calling the Alpha Test a Beta Test,

I guess we have at least 2 more Alphas according to MM in his Vid so I don't see Beta coming anytime soon.

If they have all the content in I think the next 2 Alpha's will go quicker since it is nothing but spit & polish from here.

Oh, forgot about,

The 7DTD Memory Leak Curse Of The Undead...

He's calling the Alpha Test a Beta Test,

I guess we have at least 2 more Alphas according to MM in his Vid so I don't see Beta coming anytime soon.

If they have all the content in I think the next 2 Alpha's will go quicker since it is nothing but spit & polish from here.

Oh, forgot about,

The 7DTD Memory Leak Curse Of The Undead...

Also bandits depending how they go and such. May or may not take time to get then right and all.

Steam calls the opt-in branches “betas”. It’s their term and I am using it in that context. The game is still in Alpha development. But honestly it’s more of a hybrid of Alpha and Beta. Lots of Beta-ish polishing occurred this last cycle but also some Alpha-ish features were added like the dynamic music system that is still basic and will need future refinement.

So the streamers will be using a password to access the Steam beta opt-in titled latest_experimental to play Alpha 18. On Monday the password protection will be lifted and everyone will be able to opt-in the Steam beta opt-in to play the new Alpha.

Steam calls the opt-in branches “betas”. It’s their term and I am using it in that context. The game is still in Alpha development. But honestly it’s more of a hybrid of Alpha and Beta. Lots of Beta-ish polishing occurred this last cycle but also some Alpha-ish features were added like the dynamic music system that is still basic and will need future refinement.

So the streamers will be using a password to access the Steam beta opt-in titled latest_experimental to play Alpha 18. On Monday the password protection will be lifted and everyone will be able to opt-in the Steam beta opt-in to play the new Alpha.

Psst. Over here...

...got a hundie with your name on it for a good key...

Psst. Over here...

...got a hundie with your name on it for a good key...

I was sorely tempted to go with the password you are always claiming just to see if you ever thought to try it.

But then I realized that we’d lose 3/4 of the streamers who just couldn’t bring themselves to type those words. ;)

I was sorely tempted to go with the password you are always claiming just to see if you ever thought to try it.

But then I realized that we’d lose 3/4 of the streamers who just couldn’t bring themselves to type those words. ;)

Please don't change it from "GamidaIsGodLike". I already have forgotten what guppy said and would not be able to get my early copy.

Archived