Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

If there is skill involved and a sort of cat and mouse mini game to it then that’s great. Even better is if the hiding spot you are in builds heat over time eventually forcing you to move and possibly become exposed and then having to work to lose the zombies in the shadows again.

The idea isn't bad, but I think I have to literally pee on that parade. For getting something to drink, answering a phone call, toilet breaks in multiplayer you either can log off (sometimes not avoidable but very annoying) or find a relatively safe hiding place and stealth. Not cool to take that away.

@Madmole: Couple things.

Firstly, did the workbench get reworked so that it doesn't occupy the entire block space? Hard to paint under/around it the way it currently is.

Secondly, for the auger, are we still a zombie magnet using the auger way down at bedrock (or way lower than the surface)? It seems a major penalty to use currently and doesn't make sense getting mauled at bedrock when the ground above you is ages away.

MM I almost met an untimely end today. Could I have multiple scrap from one item as something people can remember me by please?

Apart from my sparkling personality, that is

Is Minibikes for Dumbs**ts not enough? jk love u♥

- - - Updated - - -

Because they aren't quite banned yet.

I lol'd hard with this.

Nice. What would also be cool is different color smoke to denote what type is in the drop, but since the list isn't generated until it's opened I don't see it happening.

The thing is, if you have a lot of food, and see that green smoke (indicating that is food inside) you won't risk your life to go and see what's in there. If you don't know whats inside...maybe greed or curiosity will make you pay.

I loath stealth lol. I think all builds should be equal. If I'm spending 500 ammo and a stealth person is spending none dosen't that seem like an imbalance? I'd feel like I should be playing stealth, even though I hate it.

i watched your video in the SM factory, you could had use half the bullets if you aim your pistol, almost 40% was miss and only 10-15% was headshot

and (of course for entertainig purpose) you almost run through the building, if you can take your time the only spot where you have to use guns is on the roof

The idea isn't bad, but I think I have to literally pee on that parade. For getting something to drink, answering a phone call, toilet breaks in multiplayer you either can log off (sometimes not avoidable but very annoying) or find a relatively safe hiding place and stealth. Not cool to take that away.

This was regarding horde night, so you wouldn't just be able to sit in a corner hidden anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Minibikes for Dumbs**ts not enough? jk love u

You son of a bitch. (That was good.)

Ahhh........??........OH HELL NO.

- - - Updated - - -

What the hell are you guys on? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

This ^^ (?)

What is Google translator for?

Ваши сообщения, я перевожу там. Игру купил и играю на русском! Перевод игры на русский сделан, энтузиастами!

Нужно тоже знать, что игру я купил в России так, что привыкайте!

We don't have gibs, otherwise we would. Maybe A19.

Maybe just add a percent chance of limb/head dismemberment to the attached c4 explosion? That kind of makes sense.

Not sure I'd want to keep playing as a 1 legged player though, so they get a dismemberment free pass.

On 3rd person gameplay chatter...

Switching to vehicles its fine and needed, but for regular game play I think its a waste of development time. The game is just way more scary and more immersive in first person.

Maybe just push 3rd person play to after gold if you guys have a NEED to put it in?

We’re talking about a situation that happens exclusively during horde night when the zombies are feral and gps to you—about 20 minutes out of 7 hours of gameplay.

What do you do now when you have to pee during the blood moon event? Whatever that is you could still do that and just choose not to crouch in the shadow of a tree out in the open during hordenight when you feel the pressure on your bladder.

What is Google translator for?

For you to translate into English before posting on an English speaking site?

This^^ My main language is Spanish and I post in english anyways, you're prioritizing yourself over anyone that doesn't speak Russian. (If you read the forum's rules it says you can't post in any other language that isn't english. And if you do, you must post it under the "spoiler tag")

Wtf? No! Your hiding spot builds heat over time?! Please no, there is no reasonable explanation to this.

"Heat" isn't heat. It is a game mechanic to simulate many things. The randomness of lots of zombies in the world without having to spawn them all, etc.

The chances of detection by zombies overtime because of the small random noises and movement any living person makes could be simulated the same way.

We’re talking about a situation that happens exclusively during horde night when the zombies are feral and goes to you—about 20 minutes out of 7 hours of gameplay.

Well, ok. This would be a first: A mildly complex mechanism that only works on horde night. Not impossible per se, it can be explained in the description of the perk, but a little hockey.

And why should I take the perk, if it only works about 20 minutes out of 7 hours? As a book type power or additional bonus to the perk ok, but the final stealth perk better have something compelling that works the rest of the time.

Note, I AM very often stealth player and don't feel particularily handicapped on horde night (but also not playing on insane, maybe that would be different then. Also I naturally have enough points in middle game to also spend them on weapon(s) of choice).

Sure, a method to get stealth boni in horde night might be nice. But:

1) if I have to do a 5 second mini-game before I get such a bonus while my compatriots get 20 headshots in, I won't really be contributing to the defense effort, right? Horrible dps for the satisfaction to have roleplayed stealth a little. It could work if shooting (at least with silent or silenced weapons) does have a big change to keep you in stealth.

2) it would totally ignore that I'm the one who saved lots of ammo throughout the week to spend it on horde night.

Naturally this is just my personal impression of it, I see some potential, but as is I wouldn't take that perk

Ahhh........??........OH HELL NO.

- - - Updated - - -

What the hell are you guys on? LOL

The hype train OFC. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

It's impossible to sense scent though meters of dirt and stone.

Moreover why would zombies have better sense of smell than what they were, humans?

And why would it be better than dogs?

It's not a better sense of smell, it's a lack of bathing. ;)

It's impossible to sense scent though meters of dirt and stone.

Moreover why would zombies have better sense of smell than what they were, humans?

And why would it be better than dogs?

Maybe ask the zombie that claws through cement and steel why he has better claws than what he had as human?

Normally he would answer you that he is infused with BLARGH, a cosmic force that will make earth a living hell. Luckily for your sanity he is not used to talking to his food.

:cocksure:

Well, ok. This would be a first: A mildly complex mechanism that only works on horde night. Not impossible per se, it can be explained in the description of the perk, but a little hockey.

And why should I take the perk, if it only works about 20 minutes out of 7 hours? As a book type power or additional bonus to the perk ok, but the final stealth perk better have something compelling that works the rest of the time.

Note, I AM very often stealth player and don't feel particularily handicapped on horde night (but also not playing on insane, maybe that would be different then. Also I naturally have enough points in middle game to also spend them on weapon(s) of choice).

Sure, a method to get stealth boni in horde night might be nice. But:

1) if I have to do a 5 second mini-game before I get such a bonus while my compatriots get 20 headshots in, I won't really be contributing to the defense effort, right? Horrible dps for the satisfaction to have roleplayed stealth a little. It could work if shooting (at least with silent or silenced weapons) does have a big change to keep you in stealth.

2) it would totally ignore that I'm the one who saved lots of ammo throughout the week to spend it on horde night.

Naturally this is just my personal impression of it, I see some potential, but as is I wouldn't take that perk

In general I agree with you but in the interest of not being accused of not being a critical thinker and just posting from reflexive defense mode I gave an idea that would inject some gameplay and risk to just standing still in a shadow for 20 minutes...

Madmole, thanks for your video.

I have a question about C4.

Is it planned to enable players to activate C4 after installation and before that set the different delay time (C4 has a screen and buttons, this would be logical)?

And the second question: will we have the opportunity to pick up our C4 after installation?

Archived