Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I agree on that, the problem with looting Beakers is like the old Forge-book trauma, way too much up to the Gods.

I dont mind the better barter perk, I just see it as a ability to smooth talk so that the trader trusts/likes you more and is willing to share more things.

I do hope things like airdrops get a better stash too, looting cans of dogfood and 3 bullets at level 90 is kinda meh.

I too wonder how, and if, there will be any change to the availability of beakers. I had one game where I was never, ever, able to make my chem station because I never found any, and it was a long game. Not usually that big of a prob, but sometimes it was, in A17 anyway.

Oh the oddness came from the having to carry 5k dukes for it to kick in... I love the adrenaline fall idea except for that, and am already plotting mods to take advantage of the hook.

Fits with my fantasy/medieval mod ideas nicely. :)

I thought it would be a nice complimentary perk to the guy who just sneaks past the sleepers and grabs the loot up top and jumps off the roof, and fun in pvp or in general being able to make some jumps without breaking your leg, but have to carry 5k on you to do it.

Mmmm, love me some books. Great to know how much more of them there are to see yet as well.

I can already see those C4 getting used in all kinds of fun applications, especailly in MP, and likely with a fair amount of oops, and things not running the way you want them to once they have their sticky boom boom on. So, is that one book the only way to craft them? I assume so since the lockpicks are also exclusive. I do actually like that detail, now anyway;)

That lake does look awesome, I definitely noticed it. Really looking forward to seeing how the world itself has changed, that there is a promising sign.

Yes and I've never found it yet with hundreds of hours logged. Its not that you don't find books, its a 1 in 250-300 chance because of the sheer number of books/schematics (not sure exactly how many there are). It will turn up I'm sure, but my problem is there are no big crack a books yet that I've found.

Not really, we hide them we don't have them as separate meshes and whatnot and we don't have a torso. It might be a lot of work unless we did a total generic one.

i wouldn't worry about full on scale gibbed zombies until the game goes gold so you have plenty of time to do what you need to do.

well im not sure your game your choice just a suggestion

I agree on that, the problem with looting Beakers is like the old Forge-book trauma, way too much up to the Gods.

I dont mind the better barter perk, I just see it as a ability to smooth talk so that the trader trusts/likes you more and is willing to share more things.

I do hope things like airdrops get a better stash too, looting cans of dogfood and 3 bullets at level 90 is kinda meh.

Not until we can spawn a horde of bandits that arrive the same time the first player does. Its literally free stuff and often pretty good, I can't believe people want better stuff without fighting for it.

MM I almost met an untimely end today. Could I have multiple scrap from one item as something people can remember me by please?

Apart from my sparkling personality, that is

Na they will have to settle for your witty remarks ;) I'm glad you are ok!

Not until we can spawn a horde of bandits that arrive the same time the first player does. Its literally free stuff and often pretty good, I can't believe people want better stuff without fighting for it.

I see. Well like I said, its nice early game, late game no one bothers. I didnt say I wouldnt fight for it, just that airdrops are not worth going for LATE game, unless you are really bored.

Bandits does sound cool tho! Have them guard a stash and its a little mission right there.

Not really, we hide them we don't have them as separate meshes and whatnot and we don't have a torso. It might be a lot of work unless we did a total generic one.

I would be a-ok if it just kaboomed a Z into a puff of red mist. Same for anything organic really, wolves, bears, deer, Noob #3, rabbit, chicken... omg, kamikaze chicken bombs!

Like, no model or mesh, just atomized innards as a red cloud or something and a pool of blood on the ground. Seems more do-able than making new model types or changes for all them parts, for each different thing one can boom. The red poof does all, could even be just a placeholder for now, just feels wrong having an intact, well, anything, left over after that. C4 is no joke, and ya did have to go and make a rather large chunk of it, so...

Red Poof!

Red Poof!

Red Poof!

I thought it would be a nice complimentary perk to the guy who just sneaks past the sleepers and grabs the loot up top and jumps off the roof, and fun in pvp or in general being able to make some jumps without breaking your leg, but have to carry 5k on you to do it.

The more I think about it the more needing all those dukes makes sense, it's the reason behind the adrenaline rush, and if I needs ammo and it's horde night, that adrenaline rush over dukes is real anyway, cause I neeeeeds them dukes for ammo. I for one think it fits very well with the buff description. It's neat, I love all this extra content, spicey.

I see. Well like I said, its nice early game, late game no one bothers. I didnt say I wouldnt fight for it, just that airdrops are not worth going for LATE game, unless you are really bored.

Bandits does sound cool tho! Have them guard a stash and its a little mission right there.

Air drops have some great loot, rare books being one I will always go after.

Archived