Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Just a thought: C4 looks great, but I think the stack is way to high, it should be 1 inventory slot= 1 C4.

Nah ty, lets keep it fun. If you can only stack one you wont get to play around with it much. No ones gonna fill up like 5-10 inventory spaces just to use some C4 on their trip, and I don't want to go back after each one I use either. Stacks of 20 minimum would be okay.

The one change I'd make it have it do more damage. That thing should gib a standard Z.

I'm sorry but it's how it was. I know I come off as... abrasive sometimes, but I thought I posed that particular question well. I wanted to know in a18, what the balance was against a stealth build being useless in horde nights.

I know that overall you're more than a "yes man", but I also know that you do tow the party line (which you should). It's sometimes difficult to discern between the two, so if I got it wrong, I got it wrong.

Stop being offended, you know me better than that.

I just want to briefly interject that I for one, more often a stealth build than anything else, am certainly not useless on horde night. I prepare, and use entirely different weaponry for it than I do when "stealthing", early on my molotovs and defenses/traps are key. Still curious to your reasonings and points, that's just how I respond to the question specifically, if it helps one or both of you. I don't know how it will change in A18, if much at all, since I deliberately focus on that event without really taking any perks into major consideration, to me they are more of a bonus when it comes to Blood Moon prep.

Nah ty, lets keep it fun. If you can only stack one you wont get to play around with it much. No ones gonna fill up like 5-10 inventory spaces just to use some C4 on their trip, and I don't want to go back after each one I use either. Stacks of 20 minimum would be okay.

The one change I'd make it have it do more damage. That thing should gib a standard Z.

stacks of 1 is a little harsh. I think it should be stacks of 5.

I am curious what the entity and block damage is on C4? I hope C4 will delete steel blocks/reinforced concrete blocks. if not then it probably won't get much use sadly as picks and augers will kill blocks easier. I do like how you can throw them onto Zs.

Thanks for showing this. Very much looking forward to playing A18.

One observation from dabbling in PVP on our server--right now the PVP base-raiding dynamic is already HEAVILY tilted in favor of the raider--mostly because 99% of all base raiding happens while the base-owner is offline. There is rarely a base that can't be raided if the owner is offline for a RL weekend.

For years we've lamented not being able to balance that properly because the offline LCB modifier is broken. So these perks/books that make it easier to raid are going to exasperate that a little more. Don't get me wrong! I think the functions in those books are great! We would just smile a little wider if the offline modifier worked--then these Base raiding books would be even cooler. I'm not even looking for extra features here--just any hint that the offline modifier will be corrected to work as intended?

Thanks again!

Same as 17, get a jar or can. Why would you drink unboiled water lol. Better off dying. Well before you were. Now... lol. Secret feature.

lol, I drink unboiled water when I have to, doesn't bother me. Has a chance to make me sick but haven't had that problem recently.

Besides, if you wake-up in a strange place dressed in just in your underwear, I don't think you would be too particular of drinking water from a stream using your hands, if you get thirsty enough. :)

Just a pain in the neck to have to find a jar or can when I could just use my hands.

As for the rest, I got the hint. ;)

I like em all except the adrenaline fall one. That's just odd.

The c4 bomb sticking to Zed's will definitely be abused by my group especially if it also sticks to players, so I love that. :)

...if you're a player and it sticks to you, how do you remove it?

At your bedroll.

Adrenaline fall: Imagine your heart racing and adrenaline pumping from stealing a bunch of stuff, you can do super human feats when your adrenaline is pumping, so falling came to mind. John Wilks Booth broke his leg jumping out of the Ford theater and outran everyone because of adrenaline.

EDIT: And simple parkour training even MMA training they teach you how to fall even if its just getting knocked down or tripped, knowing techniques can greatly reduce damage. I was 50 and fell flat on the concrete trying to learn how to ride one of those stupid surfboards with wheels (forgot what it was called). Was a bit sore but fine, I hear stories all the time of people falling on carpet and breaking hips or getting a slipped disk. A bit of technique can do wonders for preventing injuries.

I like to play SP but I join the testers who often play together from time to time. MP makes things too easy with trading and stuff.

I do both. My very first game was SP, I spent 2 nights in the desert gas station near the waterfall, was still a super noob, and died an embarrassing number of times in that short span. I had yet to learn anything whatsoever about the game, it was gloriously confusing, funtastic and horrifying at night, of course.

Then I went online and found a server where I met tons of people I still play with, learned a ton fast, but only kind of. I had to then go back and do another SP game after that to force myself how to do everything myself. All the help from others was nice, but I had too much made for me by others. It was a long SP game and I was obnoxiously obsessive about collecting every variation of every item and micro-organizing it all to give my self an overall sense of all the possible loot and items and how common or rare they were. That was my deep engine/gameplay study game where I tried to super learn everything. I was good to go after that.

Still play a lot of SP games, though I did recently get to meet up with some of those original peeps, we introduced a handful of noobs to Navezgane. Was more fun than I expected, and I tried to educate them better than I was the first go round.

Anyway just some input on the topic of SP/MO ratio as I've done it. I like and do both equally, but the vibe is very dif. After a certain point in almost every SP game I do reach this "where is everybody" point and get lonely all of a sudden. Whatever I'm weird, but that's my angle on it.

Question is ....can you pull an 8 inch bow when you are 60 with 14 inch arms??

Coughs* RELEASE the KRAKEN * Coughs

- - - Updated - - -

have to be rubber....duh!!

If my arms ever get that small shoot me. 17 7/8" pumped baby! 17 something something cold. I haven't had 14" arms since I was 22.

Ummm you can shoot exploding bolts and flaming arrows. I don't recall exploding AK47 rounds a thing.

If thats not enough there are 7 new archery books that unlock crafts and new perks, like stealth knockdown hits and an arrow to the leg slows them. This should help deal with ferals using a bow.

Sweet, loving the stream of new info on A18 rollin out bit by bit the past few days:) I am def going to be hunting for those particular books now.

I really wish there were exploding arrows for the bow, it's fine if not though, just that the crossbow is the one weapon I never use. I may try it again for some 'splody-bolt action.

You must be talking compound bow. Traditional bows @ 60# is not easy even for adults especially if you expect any kind of accuracy

It probably was, I can't remember it was almost 30 years ago. I can row 320 pounds for 12 reps, so yeah 60 would be super easy for me.

I am curious what the entity and block damage is on C4? I hope C4 will delete steel blocks/reinforced concrete blocks. if not then it probably won't get much use sadly as picks and augers will kill blocks easier. I do like how you can throw them onto Zs.

Yeah, I went too far. Stacks of 5 is pretty balanced IMO.

We don't have gibs, otherwise we would. Maybe A19.

What no it takes ages to use a steel pickaxe. 2 of them wrecks the best vault door.

Archived