Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I don't know about that...That can go sideways really quick.

You could get angry if so, indeed.

Anyway, MM shared lots of stuff is getting finished step by step, any dance will be good when A18 drops.

*secret dance when you get another new alpha is not embaracing*

You could get angry if so, indeed.

Anyway, MM shared lots of stuff is getting finished step by step, any dance will be good when A18 drops.

*secret dance when you get another new alpha is not embaracing*

Dance? when A18 drops I'll sip several times on some fine whiskey I have at home. SEVERAL TIMES.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but in A18 @MM, did you guys fix the horrendous gap in terrain/block combo (Laying flush with blocks next to it)?

I could LITERALLY just have this fix with the new perks and be happy with A18

I'm pretty certain that MM stated that this was intended or at least near impossible to fix, since those two types of blocks are more or less completely different.

But I would like an explanation as well... just so that I know if it will ever happen.

The shape of terrain blocks is mainly determined by their density values and those of adjacent blocks. This feature was added when TFP implemented smooth terrain. No idea which alpha that was but the necessary basis/game mechanic has been in place for a long time.

Anyway, there's a tool that allows (limited) manipulation of the densities. It can be used to make the terrain flush to cube blocks (and other non-terrain blocks). Afaik it can't be used outside the ingame or world editor though and there are some limitations that seem to have been implemented for ease of use and reasons of safety (You can break stuff by setting unusual density values).

So it's definitely possible. The existing features just need to be improved and then activated for survival mode.

Is there an option to bury/hide the wiring on the electrical grid? If not, any chance you will include that?

I'd like to see this as well. I suggested a while back that it would be nice if you only saw the wires when you had the wire tool in hand. Probably not a big priority, but I hope it gets a polish before gold.

We updated the buried supply quests. The tier 1's are around 300 meters away and drop a hero food item and some regular food, as well as a food recipe. I'm loving these early game. I think we tightened the radius some too so they aren't horrible to find. I don't think I've ever had mega crush or grandpa's anything before. This is much better.

I haven't had an issue with treasure radius. You find limits e/w n/s, go to center, go down 2, and it's usually within a couple blocks. Also, never had issues with supply drops in deep lakes. (Never even needed hold breath perks). You learn which keys speed you down and back up. Sometimes I lose a little health getting back up, but not enough that an experienced diver worries about.

But am looking super forward to experiencing the changes.

Dance? when A18 drops I'll sip several times on some fine whiskey I have at home. SEVERAL TIMES.

When A18 drops I won't have any time for drinking. ANYTHING - including water. Or eating. Or sleeping. Or anything other than A18. For at least 3 days. (Hmmm... almost like 7D2D for reals...). (And unless my super loving wife delivers to the gaming area...)

When A18 drops I won't have any time for drinking. ANYTHING - including water. Or eating. Or sleeping. Or anything other than A18. For at least 3 days. (Hmmm... almost like 7D2D for reals...). (And unless my super loving wife delivers to the gaming area...)

LOL!! You dirty dirty man. In the words of our lord and saviour "Get off your ass and do it yourself".

I've got a question for Joel (hope it's not OT).

On Steam someone mentioned (again) the problem with "ninja zombies"... so I was thinking: will you add something in A18 to have zombies make some noise? (e.g.: dragging feet sounds, moans, and so on...)

I think that would be great and also, in some way, add to the "scare factor".

Imagine being in a POI and hearing a dragging feet sound from upstairs...

Would also solve the ninja zombies problem everyone has been complaining about since A16.

Thanks

I'm not sure, but we've had both lots of annoying footsteps and none, I kind of prefer none. Its not ideal but it is the better solution until we get some sound dampening/occlusion.

Any new added dyes? i see the clothings and I THINK i saw a red comp ow you had, sorry for the badgering on this topic, but did you wash the colors out so they are not as vibrant or did you assign item quadrants/pieces to be dye only/ non dyeable?

I added yellow. I might do orange. I adjusted everything. I washed them out.

Why can't you just pretend the apocalypse collapsed the bridge and drop it? Its not like I said never, its icing on the cake we need more time to make the cake.

I know you and your mates. You love a grumpy argument. Bridges will be in eventually. The icing is not even expectations.

Knowing TFP work methodology, bridge implementation in the game is A FACT. Though Eventually. When the cake gets done.

I had low expectations with many features over the years and only those that resulted in bad or extremely unbalanced gameplay systems were deleted. The bridge is neither so it is just a matter of time.On top of that it is already in in some form.

I haven't had an issue with treasure radius. You find limits e/w n/s, go to center, go down 2, and it's usually within a couple blocks. Also, never had issues with supply drops in deep lakes. (Never even needed hold breath perks). You learn which keys speed you down and back up. Sometimes I lose a little health getting back up, but not enough that an experienced diver worries about.

But am looking super forward to experiencing the changes.

Yeah once I figured out the technique I usually drill down only 1-2 meters away from it.

Archived