Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Not sure what you mean.

You mentioned on twitter that " I toned down the heavily saturated dyes" and I thought this may of been related to some form of color correction. Not exactly sure what "Dye" relates to in game development.

Edit: actually I think you are talking about clothing?

You mentioned on twitter that " I toned down the heavily saturated dyes" and I thought this may of been related to some form of color correction. Not exactly sure what "Dye" relates to in game development.

Edit: actually I think you are talking about clothing?

In A17 there is a mod item called “dye” that changes the color of the item you install it into. But in A17 it makes the object look shiny and plastic. So in A18 the look of a dyed object has been improved. It is not general color correction for the game it is specifically an improvement to the dying effect.

Hope that helps.

Stone sledge, steel sledge, knuckle wraps, brass knuckles, steel/spiked knuckles, stone, iron, steel spear, junk turret, m60, taser, old wooden bow is now primitive bow, new wooden bow (tier 2), Compound crossbow (t3), contact grenade, regular grenade, c4. There is an assault rifle too but its not done and no idea if it will make it. Edit: 3 baseball bats, so 20.

That's a lot of weapons! So please don't take this as "Waah, I want more," but is that right that there are 3 bows (primitive, wooden, compound) and 2 crossbows (original, compound)? Is this an exception to the 3-tier classification?

And on the flip side, why do we need an assault rifle when we have the AK-47? Does that fill a different niche, or are you caving to the masses that want more guns for the sake of more guns? :p

And on the flip side, why do we need an assault rifle when we have the AK-47? Does that fill a different niche, or are you caving to the masses that want more guns for the sake of more guns? :p

Because MM can't do a proper Arnold roleplay without an absurd amount of guns. Duh... ;)

That's a lot of weapons! So please don't take this as "Waah, I want more," but is that right that there are 3 bows (primitive, wooden, compound) and 2 crossbows (original, compound)? Is this an exception to the 3-tier classification?

Tier 1 Crossbow...is a slingshot? :p

I think the AK and M60 count as automatics so one more makes the three tiers. That leaves Hunting Rifle and the Marksmen needing a third...or am I forgetting one?

Tier 3 Crossbow is a Bola Launcher :distracted:

double-steel-ball-bola.jpg

Ideally we want 3 tiers of all weapons, so Ak, assault rifle, m60.

much like one of those twitter user asked, "will the ground clutter on the actual road be made more 3d-ish?" Looks nice nonetheless,with all those WIP screenshots. I'm starting to feel more immersed in a way? Like the environment now feels more familiar. I don't know how to articulate it. lol

Ground clutter is still alpha 1 tech, we can improve them.

Sidewalks!

...wait, were those always in the game? 🧐

These are new sidewalks, we used to paint them on terrain but due to shader issues with the new splat map shader we decided to make 3d ones to free up texture space on the splat map for more important stuff, plus they look nicer.

I'll drive a rock if I want to. You can't stop me Mr.Geologist

Oh don't be so sure about that man.. I'll rockblock you!

- - - Updated - - -

Thats about 2 month old news now.

So that's very recent on a geological scale! And on a 7D2D-development scale ^-^

Cool. So will A18 have 3 tiers of crossbows, or are they considered 'extra' bows?

I think bow, crossbow and compound bow are not considered as tier, first Crossbow and Compound bow are two totally different weapon .. if I have to put I put Wooden Bow and Compound bow as one and crossbow as separate tech. [like hunter Rifles and assualt rifle]. It will be good to see what they add as tier here. Though if we don't get any upgrade/change in bow I am still happy with my compound bow.. Just that I love to see they been more effective for RAD zombie

Archived