Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

There is military stuff wip. If you watch TWD they are using horse drawn old wagons because all the gas is gone.

Is that a confirmation on horses? =)

'cause we had them in medieval mod, and they were AWESOME. Definitely more TWD than riding wolves.

...but yeh, I stopped watching TWD on Rick's 3rd? 4th? 8 episode cry fest about someone dying... No clue how he survived this long, unless tears and moping are turn offs for zombies.

It fits in the old west town. Personally I don't care about consistency, I like the variety.

Hopefully we get more cool town types in addition to the old west and Japanese. I mean, why not just go crazy?

• Spanish\Mexican
  • Mediterranean Coastal towns
  • Colonial\New England
  • Redneck
  • Shanty towns
  • Underground bunker \ mine towns
  • Scifi Futuristic
  • Medieval castle towns
  • Megacities (Dense with high-rises)
  • An Arcology single building city \ Judge Dred style megabuildings

Do it allllll.

zombies in favelas please

Talked about them, but in a game where you can break any block fairly easily, it just doesn't make much sense.

Just make some blocks/containers near impossible to break (without endgame gear/skills) and have the lockpick be effective in gaining entry to those

- - - Updated - - -

Is that a confirmation on horses?

I wonder if we will be able to use their nutsack to read ambient temperature..

To be fair, almost every farm and ranch here in California has some old timey wagon or tools on display. It's like a government requirement or something to be able to call yourself a farm/ranch here lol.

To be fair, not every farm. Having lived from Sacramento to Los Angeles and several places in between and for a time, an avid fisherman hitting random rivers, streams, and sloughs.

I mean. I get that Guppy is saying. Seems like low priority details.

Flip side. More detail the merrier. I just hope that if the world is based on any time period between 1980 to now, that we get some modern/commercial/retail deco blocks too. Pretty much all restaurant POI's, all convenient store/gas station POI's, Department Store POI's, etc are notably lacking IMO on some real basic stuff.

Military stuff would be cool. But I'd like to get some real basic things to fill in the guys of the world.

Shameless plug... I did start a thread for this in Pimp Dreams.

- - - Updated - - -

How many apocalypses that you experienced in real life so far backup your assumption that there is a low chance of finding an abandoned old wagon like that?

glFJoIx.png

*snorting laugh*

Thx

Game overview

Its more about adding scope for something you can already do in the game, break blocks. There are thousands of doors in the POIs and going through and adding a lock difficulty to each one would add tons of scope and we're going gold ASAP so anything that doesn't fulfill a KS goal isn't getting added. Level designers spent a lot of time designing dungeons and the locked doors are locked for a reason, they best experience is following the path we made for you. Sure you can break the door and go another way, but we're not going to make it easy for you by adding lock picks.

At the end of the day I agreed it added scope without adding much to game play. Sorry we've been in alpha too long, we need to finish 7 days so we're not those guys in alpha for 10 years. Maybe the next game can have locks, we will have the basics in it would be easier then.

Hey I think you guys have done a great Job for PC, unfortunately I can't say the same for the console version, but, thats another story. I didn't start out on PC but I love everything that is available, and what can be done, this game has many different angles that can be covered from for entertainment.

With that being said, I don't care about lock picks, but, I think this is where mods come in, thats very helpful for most games. you guys have a timeline you need to keep up with, and yes, Im tired of seeing games in Alpha for 10 years like its an acceptable fashion trend, games were never like this before, but, I understand with alot of people having access to the internet now its alot easier to share ideas and concepts and make success from it.

Great Job with the game.

Snip

Ever fish Bishop? Mammoth Lakes? They're amazing if you like brown and rainbow trout. Come to Riverside and you'll see what I'm talking about with the wagons and such lol.

Got me thinking about custom sockets in RWG, would be awesome if you could add a wild west town or something like Roswell with all the ufo stuff and not just a single POI. Would give cities character and flavor.

lmao, they even have this https://www.rivcoparks.org/gilman-historic-ranch-and-wagon-museum/

Ever fish Bishop? Mammoth Lakes? They're amazing if you like brown and rainbow trout. Come to Riverside and you'll see what I'm talking about with the wagons and such lol.

Got me thinking about custom sockets in RWG, would be awesome if you could add a wild west town or something like Roswell with all the ufo stuff and not just a single POI. Would give cities character and flavor.

I know what you're talking about. There's some places that are largely along main roads, highways, and freeways, that maintain some "historical" items strewn about their property.

The vast majority of farming areas however, when you get into the less publicly traveled areas, are just massive commercial farming fields. Which is the vast bulk if Californian farming.

Actually starting to see a lot of old tractors instead of anything wagon related now.

BTW, my favorite place was fishing the Nor Cal Delta's for stripped bass. My biggest fish that got away story is from them Delta's.. ahhh... Damn that fish...

@MadMole Hi, my friend and me love the game and are amazed at what you guys and girls did with all new decorations, and desings and so us two are trying to re-do most of the arches, doorways etc, but there are so many blocks that we can't use in the normal game. Is there a possibility to make a DLC with a lot of nice blocks that players asked for, like wedge gables, arch corners, inverted pyramid block, also some poles that are used for lamp stands, wall trims etc... and also, a bit upgraded walkpapers, and paints or allow it to be done BY players through steam workshop. I'm certain a lot of players will be really happy. I fell in love in this game, and as much as i love killing zombies and surviving i also love exploring new houses, cripts , dungeons and try to use parts of them in my base. And give us some kind of fireplace fire to use for decorations. Again.. if you want to be sure , make a poll if people would be interested in Decorative blocks and paints DLC. I would buy it first even if it's another 10-15 $ Sorry for long post.

Me any my grave digging bike

I just built a bicycle and was heading out North in Navegane to pick up a supply drop that landed in the snowy region near Perishton. the supply's landed in the mountains just East of the town and so I got off road to go there, but got stuck in the foothills. So I got off my bike and dug out the steep snow that was blocking my path.

Meanwhile my bicycle didn't like the ground it was sitting on so it started digging it's own hole. I turn around and the thing's dug a hole three blocks deep. I had to jump in after it just to get it to stop. As you would expect, the hole was like walls. So I had to pick up my bike and dig my way out.

Pouring rain and freezing, I got out and made my way to the supply's.

Hey Madmole, what about adding a treasure zombie? :-D

One that only attacks on horde night. But also is a random spawn outside of horde night that runs away.

:-D

With a Gamestage adjusted loot table too!

Zombie Pimp. lol

His wandering horde would be feral strippers.

Hey Madmole, what about adding a treasure zombie? :-D

One that only attacks on horde night. But also is a random spawn outside of horde night that runs away.

:-D

With a Gamestage adjusted loot table too!

Zombie Pimp. lol

His wandering horde would be feral strippers.

THIS IS GENIUS.

Really, a zombie you have to chase to get great loot? Incentive to leave your base on horde night? A pimp? Zombie stripper body guards?

This is all way too good not to be in the game.

THIS IS GENIUS.

Really, a zombie you have to chase to get great loot? Incentive to leave your base on horde night? A pimp? Zombie stripper body guards?

This is all way too good not to be in the game.

lol. It'd be fun. Though I was thinking he'd be in the final wave or two of horde night to encourage dropping out of your base and grab his loot bag.

When it's not horde night, you have to chase him as he runs away while brawling with his harem. lol

How many have you been in to backup your assumption that people are going to build a load of wagons and leave them to rot? :-)

How are we defining apocalypse? A decent war? No wagons after WW1.

A natural disaster? Not many wagons after Fukishama.

Plague? Ebola doesn't cause people to spontaneously build wagons.

I can see wagons fitting in to certain areas but they'll likely have to be POI specific.

I actually hope they make the wagon a stand alone prefab as well, not attached to buildings. I would definitely use it in the desert, like I use the rest of the wild west prefabs, to dot it here or there.

There is military stuff wip. If you watch TWD they are using horse drawn old wagons because all the gas is gone.

For all you "wtf?!?" people out there, I live in South Dakota and there are quite a number of these wagons in the touristy parts of the state. Simmer down people.... (and yeah, we all know where the inspiration came from...)

-A

Sure, here you go:

Always love more blocks but what about simple painting textures? Painting gives you access to a pitiful amount of options atm - particularly for my storage containers. It would be nice to see more existing textures opened up for use and at least double what we have now as it pertains to containers.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not on the plate. There might be a "restore power" quest though where you have to repair a generator.

Do you ever see electrical systems getting some love or is the system mostly complete?

Electrical traps and gadgets right now are really bare bones and do not have a finished feel to them. I would particularly love to see some logic gates - it is annoying as hell that I cannot attach a wire to a switch and a motion detector. It is overly limiting. And CCTV - that would be wonderful as well. The basics for CCTV are already there - same thing as the spotlight with a different activation point.

Always love more blocks but what about simple painting textures? Painting gives you access to a pitiful amount of options atm - particularly for my storage containers. It would be nice to see more existing textures opened up for use and at least double what we have now as it pertains to containers.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you ever see electrical systems getting some love or is the system mostly complete?

Electrical traps and gadgets right now are really bare bones and do not have a finished feel to them. I would particularly love to see some logic gates - it is annoying as hell that I cannot attach a wire to a switch and a motion detector. It is overly limiting. And CCTV - that would be wonderful as well. The basics for CCTV are already there - same thing as the spotlight with a different activation point.

There is a mod that makes CCTV work. Which results in massive fps drop unless you have a beast of a computer.

My guess is they won't lose time on such thing. It seems the way from now on is "if you can mod it in, there's no use in adding it" and it's the right call.

Oh boy, I hope we will get better ways to get access to ammo now ... otherwise that will be a let down...

Those latter game stage with radiated zombs could suuuuure use more ammo in the drops ...

This would be a pretty fair stage balancing set of perks.

Perception Perk:

Eye For Ammo: 15%/20%/25%/30%/35% more Ammo found when looting. Thought there was a perk for it already. Meh.

Int Perk:

Grandpa's Way Of Ammo: same % or similar % to get more ammo crafted per ammo made.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a mod that makes CCTV work. Which results in massive fps drop unless you have a beast of a computer.

My guess is they won't lose time on such thing. It seems the way from now on is "if you can mod it in, there's no use in adding it" and it's the right call.

Uuuh... No? Okay so Bandits are out. Scratch all the new deco's. Scratch the new books. Actually. Put a stamp on the game. Call it done.

And... To bring back a point of Roland's... This would be an example where a modder can get away with content additions that TFP will shoot for a higher (less beast machine intensive) quality.

The goal is for the game to go out, not to be done. Not the same thing.

You should rethink how the world works in 2019. Not being harsh on you, but its just selfish to do what you discribe and such an attitude is unfamiliar for devs.

P.S. Don`t you dare to teach them on that ;)

I too would like to see them re do the way painting textures are stored in file so modders can create more in game. I been told ATM it's in a format that can not be added to which is a shame.

Archived