Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Or be like a project lead and try to slip the painful truth by the money people:

"I estimate the first 90% of the project will take 90% of the money and the remainder of the project will take the other 90%".

I'm a geologist, I don't do math man :)

If people ask me how big a volume is I just say 'a lot'!

- - - Updated - - -

Geology almost exclusively deals with things that are lying around.

Lol, ain't that the truth..

or it's someone that has not been monitoring the forums and kept up with the latest acronyms utilized to convey the perk system design flaws.

That confirms my confirmation bias suspicion thank you very much.

LBD.. It's LBD!!

I'm not sure what this LBD thing is, but on an unrelated note I sure do miss how alpha 16 leveled some of your skills by doing them.

I asked about that before, no answer from TFP.

I saw a mod for it but unfortunately some skills aren't possible without TFP's help

Look at State of Decay Breakdown, BREAKDOWN (which has no story), do you think NPCs don't have any value? Why don't you want to accept that fact that you are not alone in the zombie apocalypse? And even if they get added and you see no "reason" or "role" for them whatsoever, why can't you just mod the xml files and get rid of them? Plus, why do you even debate about this if it will be added 100% since it's one of their goals?

I didn't even said that I need followers in 7DTD, just that I want NPCs and all the people get angry despite the fact that they are on the Kickstarter's goals, that's what annoys me. You can agree with me, or not and don't get me wrong, when people don't like a feature (like bandits or npcs), they will start hating TFP for adding them: "This game sucks, the Devs don't listen to the people, I will stop playing this game, blah blah blah...), when most are just newbies that started to play from A14 or so, and not from Alpha 1. I am sick and tired of hearing whiners(not talking about you, I am talking in general), because that is A FACT and it's happening all the time TFP add something people don't agree, but people are not aware of 2 things:

1.It's their game, so regardless of your POV, they will add what they want

2.If it's one of the game's goals, then it will be added 100%.

If you don't like the game, stop playing it, it is simple as that. Nobody will miss you, nobody will know that you even existed. Why am I saying this? I am writing this because of all the hate that is thrown at The Fun Pimp's staff, and since people are already starting to dislike the idea of bandits and npcs, they will start complaining and hating 7DTD. Again, it's a FACT and it has happened in the recent alphas.

A few points to touch on:

1) Everyone has an opinion and the right to share it. TFP reserve the right to build the game how they want. Relax lol

2) No one cares what Alpha someone started this game on. It's of no relevance in how they enjoy the game now.

3) If TFP make the game the way you don't want, same can be said about you: "If you don't like the game, stop playing it, it is simple as that."

So, again, relax lol. Your emotions seem to be getting the best of you.

Why we need NPC when there is no story.

I don't think we need NPC for open world style game. Game should remain open, one trader quest is enough to control it.

The walking deads story would be pretty boring if it was just Rick Grimes. The other people and interactions with them is what makes it interesting. Fallout 76 proved that a world without NPCs is horrible.

Not a single reaction to electricity related updates? Is it only just me who loves to play long and loves to play with endgame stuff? :(

Its not on the plate. There might be a "restore power" quest though where you have to repair a generator.

The walking deads story would be pretty boring if it was just Rick Grimes. The other people and interactions with them is what makes it interesting. Fallout 76 proved that a world without NPCs is horrible.

Hey Madmole, Rick Grimes was just wondering when the rest of the cast is going to show up. :)

Its not on the plate. There might be a "restore power" quest though where you have to repair a generator.

Sad to hear this :( Anyways, it's a great game, so keep it up. Please somewhere in the future add more electricity stuff, would be really nice to have some advanced tech to play with.

Thanks!

Hello Madmole!

I wonder if we can get extended mod support that allows to create more complex mods instead of jusr XML text edits.

For example I want to spawn a single certain block in world, add a marker for all players to it, and if this block is destroyed - it's a game over for all players (debuff killing players on spawn or whatever). Naturally I want zombies to attack this block instead of players on 7th day.

Being programmer myself I know that C# is very versatile and you can just make certain api calls public, so we can include your dll in ours and create a complex and interesting mods.

Any plans on providing extended api for more complex mods like described above?

Yes, but not for A18. Full mod support is planned for gold or post gold.

Fallout 76 proved that a crappy game is horrible.

Right, but it could have been good with a few core changes: Make some human NPC quest givers (this is what they are best at). Get rid of the nanny pvp (they are doing this change), and allow permanent building so I can build an epic base and feel like I changed the world or I own this section of the wasteland, etc.

Will creative menu items ever be able to be sold for proper pricing? sometimes the admins on my servers like to sell items that players cant build (like the nice home front doors, or other decorations), but they only sell for a base price of 1 duke. We'd like to be able to add decoration items like this for players to be able to spend their stacks of dukes on. (we've actually had complaints of players having too much money, and nothing to spend it on, LOL). We've had many players ask if we'd sell creative menu items to give them something to spend their money on, but the items have no proper sell value for vending machines.

And that Bethesda is rapidly losing their marbles. Also, that they need to update their incredibly ancient game engine.

I could care less about their engine. Skryim and Fallout were both visually acceptable and with mods are even better. They can continue updating the renderer forever, the core system works fine and is very flexible to do what you want with. They are the only one serving this kind of "open world, do what you want, cool npcs, cool lore, cool story, RPG, Crafting, Building" sandwiches on the planet. Every other rpg is a pos mmo or third person only, or overhead pos. Even diablo 3 was boring af and didn't evolve at all.

I think its Zenimax losing their marbles, BGS is working on starfield and a bit on ES6. Zenimax bought a bunch of studios to avoid being taxed so much, and these studios aren't making profits on the games they were known for so they let them make fallout 76, which they royally screwed up. I don't think BGS worked on Fallout 76 that much, if they had, they would NOT reuse 90% of the Fallout 4 assets they would make all new content. I think they are working mostly on Starfield.

Archived