Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

sawed-off shotgun look like double barrel to me but im not an weapon expert so i dont know. very similar but one is just shorter

What no lol. The sawed off is a pump shotgun that holds 8 rounds, a double barrel holds two rounds and opens in half to load.

What no lol. The sawed off is a pump shotgun that holds 8 rounds, a double barrel holds two rounds and opens in half to load.

Sure, if you don't duck tape two shotguns together with duck tape... Probably a couple more things...

But if you could make it work, Mmm-mmm! :)

Quad shotguns duck taped together! Just a thought.

Elaborate? You mean gain quality skill from spam crafting?

ONLY for the item you're crafting, not other items, and at diminishing returns. That's what was missing from a15.

Gain 1 pt, then .9 pts, then .8 pts, etc. Max it at say quality 3. Can NEVER craft higher than 3.

You want 4, 5 or 6? Go out in the world and explore.

Best of both worlds.

Role play it as homemade (low quality) vs store quality (high quality).

Hi MM, I'll throw you some ideas I had in mind, can you tell me what is possible/wanted by the dev team/not possible/not wanted?

1)Pet system (wolves, snakes, etc) Maybe you can make a perk similar to Fallout's "Animal Friend"

2)New guns like Mosin Nagant, M1 Garand, M4A1, UMP, SPAS 12 (semi automatic fire shotgun), AR-15,Tommy Gun maybe? to feel like Al Capone or Default Mafia Guy n؛1, etc.

3)Water vehicles

4)Trade system to trade with players (I know Vending Machines exist in the game, but you can't trade specific items for other items without using dukes)

5)New Air vehicles like a Small Plane.

6)First person player animations overhaul? (Like reloading, sprinting, gun shots, melee bash)

I love your game so much! Greetings from Uruguay! (Sorry for bad english)

In A18 I would love to see a better balance between regular houses and house dungeons. To many dugeon houses in A17, I end up avoiding them because it's to much a hassle to clear, unless it's for a quest.

And a better balance between sleeping zombies and walkers. I drive around outside and see 1 zombie every 3 miles, Walk into a tiny shack and there is 15 inside sleeping. Gives me an idea for a tv show. The sleeping Dead.

Hopefully soon, we're seeing some incredible gains with occlusion culling, its just a matter of solving the artifacts.

Thank you for responding, my rig plays good for most part but on mid/ high but those check boxes off for sun shafts etc and no water reflections I just really miss my brother playing with me, cant afford to upgrade our PC's. Keep up the great work.

And a better balance between sleeping zombies and walkers. I drive around outside and see 1 zombie every 3 miles, Walk into a tiny shack and there is 15 inside sleeping. Gives me an idea for a tv show. The sleeping Dead.

This has been an issue since sleepers were introduced. I remember people used to say "give them time, the sleepers are new so of course they will be overused as they are figuring out how best to use them, it will get balanced better in future versions." Then the new version came out and we've tripled down on MUST HAVE MOAR SLEEPERS!!

I guess it's one of those "depends on what sort of game you're looking for" things. Personally, I'd like to see a game where sleepers are scary. Because you don't expect 35 zombies in every 3-room house you explore. And where getting too close to towns is scary, because there are more than 5 zombies outside of buildings in the whole town.

*numbers not representative of specific obsevations*

This has been an issue since sleepers were introduced. I remember people used to say "give them time, the sleepers are new so of course they will be overused as they are figuring out how best to use them, it will get balanced better in future versions." Then the new version came out and we've tripled down on MUST HAVE MOAR SLEEPERS!!

I guess it's one of those "depends on what sort of game you're looking for" things. Personally, I'd like to see a game where sleepers are scary. Because you don't expect 35 zombies in every 3-room house you explore. And where getting too close to towns is scary, because there are more than 5 zombies outside of buildings in the whole town.

Same thoughts as me, exactly.

Oh man the good old days

zomb.thumb.jpg.6244b4e8eb5837801d3c0d77750fa132.jpg

Isn't the entire library of what we paint with available to users? That is a crap load of textures.

Nope! Bookshelves are missing from the paint list, they were there in 16, gone in 17. there were a few others missing as well but i cant recall them right this moment.

ONLY for the item you're crafting, not other items, and at diminishing returns. That's what was missing from a15.

Gain 1 pt, then .9 pts, then .8 pts, etc. Max it at say quality 3. Can NEVER craft higher than 3.

You want 4, 5 or 6? Go out in the world and explore.

Best of both worlds.

Role play it as homemade (low quality) vs store quality (high quality).

My current favorite design is:

Create crafting groups: shotguns, pistols, rifles, automatic weapons, tools, knives, etc. Why? Because I don't want to grind through crafting brown gyrocopters, so a vehicle group needs to exist.

Crafting items in these categories gives XP and raises the skill level for that crafting group.

Items have a crafting difficulty such as 0 (stone), -1 (iron) -3 (steel)

Specific perks like shotgun messiah can give you +1,+2 depending on rank to shotgun crafting skill.

Intellect attribute can give global bonuses like 5 = +1, = 7 = +2, etc

Examples: You could be at skill level 4 on tools, and be crafting green stone axes. But iron tools are -1, so you could only craft yellow iron tools, and steel is -2 so you could craft orange.

If that same player had intellect 5 +1 to quality he would craft blue stone axes, green iron tools and yellow steel tools.

If that same character had miner 69r it could give him +1 to tool crafting, so he would craft blue stone axes, (blue is max craftable), blue iron, and green steel.

Pink is legendary & uncraftable, loot only.

Hey Madmole. Things are looking great on the river/rwg front.

1) Wanted to ask about "legendary" items and whether they're comin or is the idea scrapped? Would like to see them given the weapons/tools available now. Also hoping if they do make it in that of course they hella rare like 0.01 percent (haha a little exaggerated but you get my meaning). **Edit** whoops, just saw your post above me

2) Speaking of weapons/tools, any plans to give upgraded versions of each a damage boost as well as the current durability boost?

3) As others have posted - I would like to see more block shapes and paint/textures.

Hey Madmole. Things are looking great on the river/rwg front.

1) Wanted to ask about "legendary" items and whether they're comin or is the idea scrapped? Would like to see them given the weapons/tools available now. Also hoping if they do make it in that of course they hella rare like 0.01 percent (haha a little exaggerated but you get my meaning). **Edit** whoops, just saw your post above me

2) Speaking of weapons/tools, any plans to give upgraded versions of each a damage boost as well as the current durability boost?

3) As others have posted - I would like to see more block shapes and paint/textures.

2, I would like to see this, but it might just be legendary.

3, We're always adding new shapes.

Hi MM, I'll throw you some ideas I had in mind, can you tell me what is possible/wanted by the dev team/not possible/not wanted?

1)Pet system (wolves, snakes, etc) Maybe you can make a perk similar to Fallout's "Animal Friend"

2)New guns like Mosin Nagant, M1 Garand, M4A1, UMP, SPAS 12 (semi automatic fire shotgun), AR-15,Tommy Gun maybe? to feel like Al Capone or Default Mafia Guy n؛1, etc.

3)Water vehicles

4)Trade system to trade with players (I know Vending Machines exist in the game, but you can't trade specific items for other items without using dukes)

5)New Air vehicles like a Small Plane.

6)First person player animations overhaul? (Like reloading, sprinting, gun shots, melee bash)

I love your game so much! Greetings from Uruguay! (Sorry for bad english)

Also, maybe new zombie models? Or variants of the models that already are ingame

Archived