Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Think of it as sharpening it up and it snaps because of some trauma and what not. Think of it as a fine craftsman discards a twisted 2x4 in favor of a nice perfect one. Think of those 5 meats as cutting out some rotten flesh to get one decent steak.

At the end of the day, just stop thinking and play the game. Skyrim says I need 2 ingots to make a dagger but three to make a pair of boots. I don't question it, I just do it. Its all for the sake of harvest scaling.

It certainly helps to get further explanation, that elaboration helps. *shoves into brain*

Again it's a very minor thing overall. Maybe in some future alpha you guys could try out a visual change. Like the cooked version looks like a pile or plate of cooked meat instead of a single piece, like cubes or strips. I've cooked meat cubes up that way(great now I'm hungry irl). I think that might be the meat of what causes the logic glitch (pun intended). I think Roland mentioned a possible recipe at some point where each piece could be made into jerky, for less stats of course. Starving when you actually have 4 pieces of meat can be frustrating.

I am an admitted overthinker at times, hence why I consider it more my problem than yours. But that works for now. Thank you.

I'm sure not going to let it taint my experience. I just watched a Glock9 video, first in a new survival series of his(I really like the way he edits his vids), where he climbed a mountain and looked around, the RWG looked AMAZING, like, wow, what a massive difference. More so than I was expecting. I'll still start in Nav, I love watching that map evolve over time, but I'm actually excited to try RWG out more than ever before, by far. Meat? Bones? Pfft, there is so much else to be excited about. But thanks again, just knowing you thought it out and have reasons behind it is enough to sooth my cortex

- - - Updated - - -

Alpha 18e and I share the same birthday!

Happy Birthday Joel... and you're the one giving US the gift!

The source art is probably bigger than the entire game you DL. =)

I bet it is. Makes a ton of sense, I spoke too soon and shoulda thought about it more. See, think too much sometimes, and not enough other times. How human of me.

Seriously though, I was floored by the 110GB download for R6:Seige, never had to download anywhere near that amount for any other game, ever. That is nuts, but 7DTD, and most others, are not that redonkulously hugenormous.

@Madmole

gold-gift.jpg

Since it is your b-day I have a gift for you. If you've ever done acid before you will already know this but if you have not tried it at least once, the first visuals most get is the "bubbling" and or "stretching" visuals.

Well my gift to you is this. The ability to induce the same hallucinations an early acid trip provides without needing to take any drugs. The visuals are very mild, just as one sees when a trip first hits you. Its a trick I learned 20 or so years ago that few know about, cool huh.

1. Enlarge the pic full screen or large as possible.

2. Stare at the very center (a few inches from the screen) for a minimum of 1 minute, the longer the better. try not to blink

3. When ready, look away and look at a wall or back of the hand, anything and you will see the same "bubbling"or "stretching" visuals for about 3-8 seconds as one does when an acid trip starts.

Happybirthday enjoy. =)

link: http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1nmaz1p8y1qg39ewo1_500.gif

tumblr_m1nmaz1p8y1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Madmole *opens gift and finds*

Acid trip like hallucinations in the real world without needing to take drugs.

I left the forum for a sec and immediately saw this, on the topic of eating in the post apocalypse, food for thought, maybe. Thought it was interesting anyhow:

https://www.popsci.com/gross-animals-you-can-eat-to-survive/

Worms, bugs, maybe some possum steaks, or get fancy and cook up some escargo. Also the organ thing, like maybe a higher level or bonus perk would get you an organ harvest, like a heart, liver, etc. from a deer.

@Madmole

gold-gift.jpg

Since it is your b-day I have a gift for you. If you have ever done acid before you will already know this but if you have not tried it at least once, the first visuals most get is the "bubbling" visuals. Example look at a wall and it looks like bubbles start to appear or stretch out etc.

Well my gift to you is this. Look at it from a close distance, like a few inchs from your monitor depending on size.

1. Enlarge the pic full screen or large as possible.

2. stare at the very center (a few inches from the screen) for a minimum of 1 minute, the longer the better. try not to blink

3. when ready, look away and look at a wall or back of the hand, anything and you will see the same visuals for about 3-8 seconds as one does when an acid trip starts.

Happybirthday enjoy. =)

link large version: http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1nmaz1p8y1qg39ewo1_500.gif

tumblr_m1nmaz1p8y1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Madmole *opens gift and finds*

Visual like hallucinations without taking drugs.

You've got some weak drugs.

Here's something a little stronger.

52aa604357d65b4183589facc93cb4ee.gif

No they just don't play like a pro yet. Harvest every corpse on the road, hit a few barns, kill dogs and vultures, harvest harvest harvest. I have 100 duct tape sitting in a box, and I repair EVERY Q2 and above item I find. Those bull skulls in the desert? HARVEST EM. Once you get a chem station the recipe is cheaper and you'll swim in it, like anything in this game IF you put the effort in. They walk right by bones and so I can't blame them for not having enough.

Wait.. There's a bull skull? Nice! Tumbleweeds planned as well? Hehe..

Hopefully there's a noon release today in the US, so that I can play it this evening here in Europe!

Seriously though, I was floored by the 110GB download for R6:Seige, never had to download anywhere near that amount for any other game, ever. That is nuts, but 7DTD, and most others, are not that redonkulously hugenormous.

Hah!

You try to play on a modded Ark server and you can easily end up with a "game size" of 300 or 400 GB to DL.

Well I'll be 44 soon. Gingers don't grey, we go straight to white, eventually, and I do have some already. But thanks, sure wish I still felt younger lol. All of Madmoles fitness talk makes me realize I should probably eat better and exercise more. Sure seems to help.

Please don't let me go grey..

Archived