Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Place a turret ......... (dunno if turrets can hit their player).

Every stream I watched, they did not get hit by their turret. Several were melee in front of turret as it was firing at the Zeds.

That being said, I could be wrong in my observations.

Place a turret at say, in the street of a front door. Break open front door. Run through floor like a madman waking the sleepers. Exit behind the turret. As the zeds come out one by one, the turret shoots, making them stagger (Important), which keeps them within the door frame, while you're also firing or hitting or whatever from off to the side (dunno if turrets can hit their player). The bottleneck will make it easy.

Place a turret facing one of those mined army camps. Run around waking the sleepers, stand behind the turret. Between the turret and mines you shouldn't have much trouble.

Now, multiply both scenarios by the number of people on the server.

...don't need to play the game to see the possibilities, and the turret already seems gated far enough back in intellect that it *appears* tfp does as well, so finding so many in loot is likely unintended, especially since non int people can use them.

So either scale the loot of them back (why would there be so many of these lying around anyway?) or make it so that non int people don't have the intelligence to know how to use them.

Good morning, that is all. Until it's not. =)

Simplest way to balance the turret would simply be lets say REQ: intelligence 5. I watched twitch stream on JonahBirch channel and he totally abused turrets - for the reason to show how OP they can be. If there were basic atrubutes requirements for weapons from the co-responding trees than these could be solved.

If they nerf the junk turret than science build is complete crap.

The current perk system is already a mess enough as it is ( chef under strengt?? wtf? :) ) I really think leveling system should be done by someone more competent. All this seems so forced and looks like something quickly patched together. Wants to be Fallout 4 system, but without character creation is a fail in my opinion. This for me is currently the biggest downside to otherwise great game.

For those of us up in arms over how OP the junk turrets are, two things.

1. BeardedGuys went into a room with little to no level flooring, trying to drop junk turrets at night, and got their faces ripped off. Gazz was in chat at the time and said "And that's what happens when you rely on the junk turret" (I'm paraphrasing, didn't take a screenshot). It's OP when you're prepared for the situation. Know what? So's a bow with sneaking and headshots.

2. All that aside, MM already posted last night there was going to be a balance discussion this morning regarding junk turrets. (Couldn't find it in a quick scan-through, but I know I read it.)

So that is the end of another Dev. Diary, to be tucked away is some random archive folder on Roland's SSD. We have journeyed long and hard. We have laughed, we have cried, we have yelled and heard an inordinate amount of rock puns. I hope A18 is as awesome as we all hope it is and I hope that from here we get those small updates, then beta, then gold. The Fun Pimps can then start they next great adventure, but always remember, "Don't loose your feet, you never know where you might be swept off to". Bilbo Baggins

annnnnd so begins the tale of waiting for A18e release, the knights are worrisome for that is what they do, worry

- - - Updated - - -

annnnnd so begins the tale of waiting for A18e release, the knights are worrisome for that is what they do, worry

*Starts "waiting for A18e public release" forums*

For those of us up in arms over how OP the junk turrets are, two things.

1. BeardedGuys went into a room with little to no level flooring, trying to drop junk turrets at night, and got their faces ripped off. Gazz was in chat at the time and said "And that's what happens when you rely on the junk turret" (I'm paraphrasing, didn't take a screenshot). It's OP when you're prepared for the situation. Know what? So's a bow with sneaking and headshots.

2. All that aside, MM already posted last night there was going to be a balance discussion this morning regarding junk turrets. (Couldn't find it in a quick scan-through, but I know I read it.)

i think that you either have to build it or buy it. you cant find it.

longer reload: cuz you have to pump air into it.

when it turret mode zombies can attack it and can even break it. and last abouts 20 secs in turret before the air goes out!.

and ammo cost a bit more iron

- - - Updated - - -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG_SLRkUpJJCQ7Nw6XsjMWP8Cm6D8LCiQ73DkP00jlFX04iLjE

I, too, am excited for when the A18e becomes public. I've been up since 4 because I was too excited to sleep any further. I feel like a kid trying to catch santa in the living room, just restarting steam every few minutes or so trying to see if the update hits. I also can't wait to hop on the hype train for the next dev diary thread when it hits. :p

Archived