Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Watching some streams yesterday, I could see that using the junk-turret was pretty overpowered.

I hope there will be some balancing changes to it. (something like like friendly fire, activation timer, smaller attack angle, preventing using other weapon - holding a remote control)

Else everyone and their cat will play the game by picking up and placing the turrets constantly.

When you wake up Joel, follow this advice: never work on your birthday ! Stay home, play Skyrim, enjoy the sun, but don't go to the office. The release of A18 can wait, no one is in a hurry, players are very empathetic and understanding people and will wait patiently until Tuesday or Wednesday. Have a good day !

When you wake up Joel, follow this advice: never work on your birthday ! Stay home, play Skyrim, enjoy the sun, but don't go to the office. The release of A18 can wait, no one is in a hurry, players are very empathetic and understanding people and will wait patiently until Tuesday or Wednesday. Have a good day !

Shush, you!

KILL-IT-WITH-FIRE-FUNNY-FORUM-PICS.jpg

The body of an unknown male has been discovered under a bridge early this morning. His only identifying features were his greenish skin and unsightly warts

Watching some streams yesterday, I could see that using the junk-turret was pretty overpowered.

I hope there will be some balancing changes to it. (something like like friendly fire, activation timer, smaller attack angle, preventing using other weapon - holding a remote control)

Else everyone and their cat will play the game by picking up and placing the turrets constantly.

Madmole described the turret as a buddy who supports you. Like a second player in a multiplayer game. So it wouldn't make sense to place it but then not use another weapon. The radius in which the turret remains activated is relatively small so you can't just place it and run away.

The turret doesn't seem to do much damage to the zombies either. It holds the zombies mainly in stunt but that only works with slow zombies. Feral zombies seem to be way too fast for the turret to hit them at all.

Madmole described the turret as a buddy who supports you. Like a second player in a multiplayer game. So it wouldn't make sense to place it but then not use another weapon. The radius in which the turret remains activated is relatively small so you can't just place it and run away.

The turret doesn't seem to do much damage to the zombies either. It holds the zombies mainly in stunt but that only works with slow zombies. Feral zombies seem to be way too fast for the turret to hit them at all.

I a stream I saw a turret singlehandedly taking out several (basic) zombies, while the player can just stand back and wait. So its not that weak.

If it could only attack in a 90 degree angle, it would have to be placed more tactically at least.

If its too powerful and convenient, it could quickly turn into a standard combat item, making other approaches to fighting less effective.

The games combat would get one-sided then.

Im sorry but no, we will FR riot.

Archived