Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I would, but already prepping for the release and time is short.

*moving a big wooden table*

p.s. keep me a seat

Oh no worries.. I've kept a seat for you. Right here at the door. I've tucked it nice and smooth underneath the door-handle. So you know.. We can't be disturbed.

I a stream I saw a turret singlehandedly taking out several (basic) zombies, while the player can just stand back and wait. So its not that weak.

If it could only attack in a 90 degree angle, it would have to be placed more tactically at least.

If its too powerful and convenient, it could quickly turn into a standard combat item, making other approaches to fighting less effective.

The games combat would get one-sided then.

It is not like it turns 360 degrees

i suggest you wait until you actually get one in YOUR hands before you talk about nerfing something

i watched players get rekt by a zombie or 2 trying to use them you know TFP will not ever give us something major OP i actually thought they where very wimpy in many situations

I a stream I saw a turret singlehandedly taking out several (basic) zombies, while the player can just stand back and wait. So its not that weak.

If it could only attack in a 90 degree angle, it would have to be placed more tactically at least.

If its too powerful and convenient, it could quickly turn into a standard combat item, making other approaches to fighting less effective.

Think the durability needs to go down faster when not holding it. While holding it it goes down every 2 shots or something and when placed down it doesn't go down that much at all if any. Probably a bug. That would help it from being to OP and I also think it should at the very least use a battery to work when placed down. That red light wouldn't run forever.

Observation, turrets are op.

...the fact they require so many perk points to make is made moot by their frequency in the loot tables and cost at the trader's.

That is all.

Good night. :)

I agree that the new weapons are to frequent in loot, especially the junk turret. That should be a very rare drop because of how strong it is.

junk turrets are already of very limited use:

-you can only use 1 at a time, other placed ones get active or inactive depending on the range you have to them (up to 2 if the skill is at 5)

-They have limited ammo capacity

-you have to manually reload (pick them up and place again)

-they do fire only in a 120 degree

So they will help covering your back while you do looting/mining, but they cannot stop a wandering horde.

Else everyone and their cat will play the game by picking up and placing the turrets constantly.

So you have a problem with people and there cats playing the game ?

On a more serious note, Madmole is ok with the turrets so i do not think they are that op. If you do not like the turrets do not use them. Let the rest of us decide how we want to play the game for our selves.

As far as I have seen, the angle at which the weapon attacks is already limited to 90° or 120° maximum. In any case, no zombies are attacked behind or to the side of the turret.

Let's be honest about this. With all the firearms in the game, combat is already very one-sided. The only thing to worry about is how much ammo you have. The rest is just run and gun. As long as you have an escape route, you are virtually invincible with a firearm. You only die when you get careless.

junk turrets are already of very limited use:

-you can only use 1 at a time, other placed ones get active or inactive depending on the range you have to them (up to 2 if the skill is at 5)

-They have limited ammo capacity

-you have to manually reload (pick them up and place again)

-they do fire only in a 120 degree

So they will help covering your back while you do looting/mining, but they cannot stop a wandering horde.

That is the idea, they live up for their name :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no worries.. I've kept a seat for you. Right here at the door. I've tucked it nice and smooth underneath the door-handle. So you know.. We can't be disturbed.

Fantastic, I`ll get the pre-warmed beer ;)

I agree that the new weapons are to frequent in loot, especially the junk turret. That should be a very rare drop because of how strong it is.

I suspect that for the streamer event the loot chances were turned up so that they can show something.

That is the idea, they live up for their name :)

I like them a lot, they are ideal for a support role character. Thats my usual play style in most games.

They are also useful by alerting you that some enemy is sneaking up behind you, if you are digging or mining.

As far as I have seen, the angle at which the weapon attacks is already limited to 90° or 120° maximum. In any case, no zombies are attacked behind or to the side of the turret.

Let's be honest about this. With all the firearms in the game, combat is already very one-sided. The only thing to worry about is how much ammo you have. The rest is just run and gun. As long as you have an escape route, you are virtually invincible with a firearm. You only die when you get careless.

With a gun you need to fight actively (aim, shoot). Whereas a turret runs automatically for a specific time, like an invincible NPC you can spawn in.

Ah and forgot to say: they have a shooting range of 10, maybe 15 blocks.

As always, balance will come if they are too OP. Lets test them first ^^

exactly

what is the use of them being nerfed to the point of not even a usable asset

lets get our hands on them before we scream NERF NERF TO OP

- - - Updated - - -

has anyone seen a junk turret against a feral

like to see anyone that thinks they are OP in a room with a couple ferals with only a bow and a turret i bet they wont think they are that OP for long

With a gun you need to fight actively (aim, shoot). Whereas a turret runs automatically for a specific time, like an invincible NPC you can spawn in.

First of all, it is not particularly difficult or challenging to aim and press a mouse button. As long as you only aim at the torso, you don't even have to be very precise.

The turret is in a fixed position as long it is placed down. If you move too far away from it, it will stop working. It has a limited magazine and to reload it you have to pick it up.

Against the basic zombies the turret may seem very impressive, but once the zombies are running it looks a bit different. I saw a streamer that used the turret during the day 14 horde and he also had an m60. He fought the horde on the street. The turret could hardly accomplish anything but the M60 shot them to pieces. And with the contact grenades, he obliterated the horde.

Fantastic, I`ll get the pre-warmed beer ;)

You damn Brits with your warm beer. Come to the other side of the Channel to get some decent beer mate!

- - - Updated - - -

How about I record and send a18's game play movie to you? Will that count.

Hmm.. Maybe. At least buy be a glass of wine!

Archived