An A17 Experimental Metaphor

Roland

Roland can we have a separate thread where the arguments of the last 10 pages can be moved to.

Yep, as I already suggested, this should definitely be a thing. We need a thread focused on feedback and discussion of specific changes of the latest experimental build, not on the direction of the game as a whole.

I don't think him mocking me by saying "oh yeah jax we know you're mad now but you're already writing that post of blind praise like you always do" is good natured fun. Its a direct attempt to discredit everything I posted by tossing it out the window as just "another silly jax rant, move along". There's a time for poking fun and a time for discussion but both of his replies to my rather heartfelt and respectful opinion on xperimental so far was to basically point and laugh at me.

I don't need to discredit you Jax. You discredit yourself every single time you come back to say you opened your mouth too soon. You've posted about prematurely over-reacting dozens of times in the past. Both of my replies was to point and laugh at your heartfelt and respectful opinion on xperimental? I thought I only wrote one skit. Where else was I joking at your expense? You are the one who pre-emptively brought me into this by predicting exactly what I was going to say to you-- but you were wrong about that too.

Which has now directly influenced my opinion of this entire company as he is the face of it presently.

Wait...you promised you weren't going to go here...

And I know no one cares in the slightest, as i said i'm just a number. But for the first time in my 2 plus years here I get the feeling debate is no longer allowed. Im not the only poster this has happened to. Because if you don't tow the company line you'll be made fun of, and mocked and basically discredited. If you didn't like my post then ignore it like you usually do. If you think I'm wrong tell me why. I'll respect that. Ill engage.

Anyway Im done derailing this thread. Id appreciate if no one responded to any of what I just said. I don't want to further continue this argument here. It's not the place for it. It just sucks you can't actually criticize something here without the Breakfast Club joining rings and activating "Defense Mode Power".

No Jax. Debate is allowed here. Debate happens all the time. I've WITNESSED you bring down the BOOM on others who posted their opinion about making things easier. Don't play the victim please. And don't pretend that you haven't passionately argued against others who have an opinion different than yours.

And stop fishing for compliments with that "nobody cares about me" and "I'm just a number" stuff. You know you are wildly popular, you know that Joel likes you and values your opinions, and you know that people know your name. So just stop.

This isn't about criticism. It's about over-reacting and you know it and you know you do it because you've admitted many a time to it in the past. You're doing it right now.

i'm just wondering how many "outsiders" like me are reading all this stuff and backing away slowly-thinking "are these people able to be professionals? their forum moderator trolls people. The devs make radical changes that don't go in the patch notes-leading to much frustration and wasted time. This isn't looking good..."

i'm just wondering how many "outsiders" like me are reading all this stuff and backing away slowly-thinking "are these people able to be professionals? their forum moderator trolls people. The devs make radical changes that don't go in the patch notes-leading to much frustration and wasted time. This isn't looking good..."

We read it, have read it for years, roll our eyes, view it as just another persistent flaw with this game, and wait patiently for TFP to restructure and add a real community lead. No worries, no concern, no skin off our back. I mean if they're cool with keeping customer's feedback at arms length... that's really more their concern than anyone else's.

We read it, have read it for years, roll our eyes, view it as just another persistent flaw with this game, and wait patiently for TFP to restructure and add a real community lead. No worries, no concern, no skin off our back. I mean if they're cool with keeping customer's feedback at arms length... that's really more their concern than anyone else's.

I’m a persistent flaw with this game? Sweet! I’m in the game!

Not sure what you mean by customer feedback at arms length. Jax was complaining precisely because he believes TFP embraced the wrong customer feedback. You do realize that his heartfelt plea to Joel was essentially, “stop listening to THEM please”...

THEM = anyone with a playstyle different than his own.

Most who complain also seem to intrinsically believe that TFP really is listening but just to the wrong set of customers. Lol.

I’m a persistent flaw with this game? Sweet! I’m in the game!

Not sure what you mean by customer feedback at arms length. Jax was complaining precisely because he believes TFP embraced the wrong customer feedback. You do realize that his heartfelt plea to Joel was essentially, “stop listening to THEM please”...

THEM = anyone with a playstyle different than his own.

Most who complain also seem to intrinsically believe that TFP really is listening but just to the wrong set of customers. Lol.

Sorry, you have me confused with someone who is willing to indulge the trolling. No soup for you. My post stands.

@ Jax C'mon man, you must know you are one of the more respected voices on here right? You also know Rolands style and this post falls completely within his persona and I think if you step back just a bit you'll see it was kinda funny. The majority of us have seen the commentary displayed in his skit playout over time but also realize most if not all of it is born from passion for the game. (which I hate to say since I'm so often at odds with poojam lol)

That being said I too hope the "easy" pendulum swings back towards the difficult side a bit, but it will never be Ravenhurst hard. That mod is just quite frankly too difficult for a lot of players, let alone new ones. Let's be honest you have never been content with the vanilla game and the fact that Ravenhurst doesn't even resemble vanilla is proof of that. It's a great mod for seasoned vets, or those wanting a deeper more challenging game that I thoroughly enjoy btw, but if I'd played it first I would have admitted defeat before day 2.

I'm just grateful that TFP has provided you and other the tools via modding to continue to give those who want a more challenging experience the option to create those varied experiences.

A lot of us know 2018 has been a rough year, and I'm hoping that in 2019 you will find a renewed vigor to continue giving us more RH challenges as I think that creative outlet is good for your soul. (and shamelessly I enjoy it ;) ) Give em time and I think you'll find something you can work with.

You know, I notice nothing was said about Guppy. Was it for the sake of brevity?

this made me think " what would ol' Doc H have to say? "

lol, I remember for a little while it was against forum rules to mention him after he got ♥♥♥♥canned.

He was hilarious, but not very professional. I think he was an ass to one too many customers. I mean, they were stupid customers and now that I work customer service I can kind of understand where he was coming from, but in this industry you just have to grin and bear it.

Archived