Guppycur's Modlets

Guppycur

Guppy Poll  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use my mods?

Stealing some idea's from a conversation with Tin; working on a mod for a new zombie type, one that rages.

Basically, once it receives 50% of it's hp in damage, it'll Rage and start to sprint after you instead.

Test works great, and the git is even updated, I just need to add it to spawners and make a few more zed models.

Stealing some idea's from a conversation with Tin; working on a mod for a new zombie type, one that rages.

Basically, once it receives 50% of it's hp in damage, it'll Rage and start to sprint after you instead.

Test works great, and the git is even updated, I just need to add it to spawners and make a few more zed models.

I'm excited to see this.

Guppy's Rage Zombies

This modlet adds a buff to zombies, all 23 regular ones, that makes them angry. You won't like them when they're angry. =)

Once the zombie gets below 50% damaged, a small particle effect will let you know it's "enRaged", and it will run rather than walk after you.

[video=youtube_share;zos10ldqUVA]

Guppy's Rage Boss Zombie Type

This modlet adds a new Zombie Type, a Rage Boss (haven't gotten a cool name for it yet, don't want to use "Rager" since BadCo used those).

Once the zombie type gets below 50% damaged, a small particle effect will let you know it's "enRaged", and it will run rather than walk after you.

[video=youtube_share;zos10ldqUVA]

Nice! I like it a lot. Yeah, probably needs something more in the particle department, so it's more noticeable. Thinking in dark areas, the ash won't be visible enough. But sweet! PoC.

Yeh I really wanna use a custom particle. =)

But, this works, and is one of the FEW vanilla particles that conform (more or less) to the body. I thought I could use the mesh0 attribute, but nope!

Besides, them running at you might be good enough information. =)

Heck, I might make a modlet variant that adds this buff to ALL "regular" zombies.

Work in Progress on the vehicle mod.

Found a few bugs, one of which will be nasty if I can't fix it. Right now I have it so that driveable/useable vehicles are spawning on the roads, but the xml I'm using is for traders, and I think TFP made it so that if they disappear, they will spawn again. So basically, as of now, if you drive away in a vehicle, you can come back a little later and another vehicle will appear. That is HUGELY disappointing. Bad pimps, bad. Terrible.

...it'll mean I have to go with "Plan B", which is to add driveable vehicles as a rare loot drop in the "block" loot. I absolutely /hate/ that idea! But, it'll be better than nothing.

We will see if I can get if fixed.

In the meantime:

[video=youtube_share;BW1Ky6OqV4g]

Looks amazing Guppy! Makes perfect sense that you can find driveable vehicles in the world. No bicycles? tricycles?

Not yet; now I'm sidetracked on this stupid re-spawning issue... vanilla 7days does not support single spawns of entities from blocks, it seems. Very sad.

But, once/if that gets solved, I'll continue adding more vehicles, and yes, bicycle will be one of them.

Getting them spawning in the world...

...out of these five, 2 are "driveable" and 3 are "broken". Will continue to balance, but I'm getting closer. =)

tmp-Car-Set.png

I'd be happy with them just replacing some of the vanilla cars. They add SO much more realism, like he new detailed pois...

I've just done a test for your reappearance problem .... use the xml of entity groups and spawning, create a group for your vehicles and then add it to a spawning biome ....test my example, put an unbalanced value to see the result

ex

entitygroups.xml

<entitygroup name="cars"> <!-- test -->

<entity name="vehicle4x4Truck"/>

</entitygroup>

spawning.xml

<biome name="desert">

<spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="4" time="Any" entitygroup="cars" /> <!-- teste -->

</biome>

car.jpg.8ea57b87cecd41352219541866555e7e.jpg

Archived