Did you see how many negative comment on Joels a17 expo?

boonecraft

I have been playing 7D2D since Alpha 6. Maybe if you are brand new to 7D2D you'd think the graphics are ♥♥♥♥, but we did once live in a non randomly generated MINECRAFT style word of cubes and no curves. None of the Zombies were in HD I believe and we had less than half the POI's.

You have to realize, this is running in a similar vein to all voxel games. You are asking the world to change at your whim. That is SO MUCH HARDER to make pretty than a game like The Witcher 3. Games like that do not let the player create or destroy EVERY single thing in the game. HUGE difference how you process graphics on the engine level.

We here on the forum are all blind idiots who live in our insulated shell and have no clue what people really think about this game, the devs, the development cycle, or A17.

Please, tell us more.

Seeing that polls that are actually about importnant topics have 100 voters on here and seeing that YT has more different answers on one comment you could be right. could.

Heck i guess there is more people on the offical FB page than on here..

That game looks like total ♥♥♥♥.

Okay, lets see...

A Youtube video will downgrade graphics already from the start. The gamma was probably set really high so that people would still see when it gets dark.

Joel might have been playing from the editor (not sure).

The zombies constant respawn is already fixed (thanks Faatal!).

Since Alpha 17 is still being worked on, it means it was nowhere near ready, but Joel still wanted us to see what it looked like so far. Very nice of Joel to show something when he really should just relax on weekends, instead of making videos.

If we get to the last update of A17 (A17.4, A17.5... Whatever!) and the game still looks the same, then maybe I can understand some of the negative comments. As for a video made 2 weeks ago, it was still... Work in progress!

The truth is,The person making the comment isn't to blame ...It's the person complaining about his comment thats the Big problem.

It's human nature to have an opinion .

If i like the Colour blue and you like the Colour red...

Someone moaning about someones opinion is doing the exact same thing as the person that made the comment in the first place.

Best thing to do ...Is let people have there opinion

THATS MY OPINION

The truth is,The person making the comment isn't to blame ...It's the person complaining about his comment thats the Big problem.

If i like the Colour blue and you like the Colour red...

Someone moaning about someones opinion is doing the exact same thing as the person that made the comment in the first place.

Best thing to do ...Is let people have there opinion

Let all people have their opinion except those who have an opinion about someone’s opinion....

Another example of how critics who post in a public forum seem to think that if THEIR claims get criticized in turn it somehow equals oppression. No it doesn’t. The OP had their say and they still do because nobody deleted their post. It stands for new readers to see. Any counter arguments that come afterward only negate the OP if they are compelling enough in the mind of the reader to do so. But that is exactly the point of a public forum. To have discourse.

Complaining about someone’s opinion is absolutely not “The BIG problem”. It is the main point of having a public forum. If Mr Blue wants to opine without Mr Red’s commentary then Mr Blue can

Write it in his diary

Tell it to his wife

Start his own blog and disable comments

Do a YouTube and disable comments

Talk to his bathroom mirror

Write it in a letter to Santa Clause

If it’s posted here then grow a thicker skin and come up with some supporting evidence to make your opinion more convincing and compelling to the minds of your readers.

Let all people have their opinion except those who have an opinion about someone’s opinion....

Another example of how critics who post in a public forum seem to think that if THEIR claims get criticized in turn it somehow equals oppression. No it doesn’t. The OP had their say and they still do because nobody deleted their post. It stands for new readers to see. Any counter arguments that come afterward only negate the OP if they are compelling enough in the mind of the reader to do so. But that is exactly the point of a public forum. To have discourse.

Complaining about someone’s opinion is absolutely not “The BIG problem”. It is the main point of having a public forum. If Mr Blue wants to opine without Mr Red’s commentary then Mr Blue can

Write it in his diary

Tell it to his wife

Start his own blog and disable comments

Do a YouTube and disable comments

Talk to his bathroom mirror

Write it in a letter to Santa Clause

If it’s posted here then grow a thicker skin and come up with some supporting evidence to make your opinion more convincing and compelling to the minds of your readers.

whilst i do agree with this for the most part, i got to say, when you dont agree with something it can reeeealy eat away at you. this horrible feeling of *i dont like this. i need to tell someone.* but just telling it to any old person isnt good enough. it needs to be to people who can relate, who can understand.

but how do you do it in a civil and just manor? because one way or another, if you dont like something you just need to let it out, even if what does come out is... well, as the first post put it, looks like ♥♥♥♥. XD

i didnt like what i saw of alpha 17 from madmoles video but i was able to narrow it down and express my concern. the response i got was.... a healthy mixture of all different stances. not what i expected but i cannot say it was unwelcome.

the point im trying to get to is, sometime you need to just express yourself. and talking to a mirror, or just talking to yourself or someone whos gona be a yes man/woman to you, isnt good enough.

Well we should see how the game is when it finally comes out.

(But if the changes suck, dont blame people for calling the changes crap then...)

Before that, its a lot of guestimation. On the side of people complaining about it, but also on the side of the fun pimps on assuming the changes make the game a better experience.

when you dont agree with something it can reeeealy eat away at you. this horrible feeling of *i dont like this. i need to tell someone.* but just telling it to any old person isnt good enough. it needs to be to people who can relate, who can understand.

but how do you do it in a civil and just manor? because one way or another, if you dont like something you just need to let it out, even if what does come out is... well, as the first post put it, looks like ♥♥♥♥. XD

the point im trying to get to is, sometime you need to just express yourself. and talking to a mirror, or just talking to yourself or someone whos gona be a yes man/woman to you, isnt good enough.

All fair and true. Roland's point, though, is that the same "right" which allows you to "just let it out" to people whom you hope will relate is the same "right" which the other people have. You have no control over whether other people will relate or not or "just let it out" against you.

If your opinion is "this sucks" or "this is awesome" neither contains any actionable information. It is the least useful opinion one can have posting in a forum expecting their feedback to be useful. If you don't think that warrants a bunch of people questioning the OP, and their opinion, then I don't know what to tell you.

If you want good responses to opinions, you need to make sure your opinion is thoughtful and contains useful feedback, otherwise you are just trolling.

People actually read Youtube comments ?

That's just it. All comments are useful, both positive and negative. Don't expect people to be nice when they express their disappointment. Sure, we all want positive. constructive feedback, but that's just not how things work in the real world.

Granted, some of the comments got nasty and personal that was absolutely uncalled for. But the common theme was valid - some of the changes shown in the video were questionable or even bizarre.

Looks much better than A16 imo. However, I cannot watch the video because Madmole's playstyle and the low field of view settings are too much for my stomach.^^

I just couldn't handle seeing him die a bunch of times to normal difficulty zombies and being horrible with inventory management. He plays the game as though he has no experience which makes no sense cuz he has 10k hours in.

That's just it. All comments are useful, both positive and negative. Don't expect people to be nice when they express their disappointment. Sure, we all want positive. constructive feedback, but that's just not how things work in the real world.

I disagree. Not all comments are useful, and not all comments are deserving of attention. You (and this is the generic you, not anyone specific) are under no obligation to pay any attention at all to people who are being rude or abusive; or who make things personal.

If you are disappointed with something and have negative views, the onus is on you to phrase those negative views in a polite and constructive manner if you want people to pay attention to them. That's just basic civilised discourse.

Of course, you are quite at liberty to rant and hurl abuse too. It may even make you feel better to do so. But if you are under the impression that you are entitled to be listened to when you are being hostile to the potential listener, then you are clearly mistaken.

I disagree. Not all comments are useful, and not all comments are deserving of attention. You (and this is the generic you, not anyone specific) are under no obligation to pay any attention at all to people who are being rude or abusive; or who make things personal.

If you are disappointed with something and have negative views, the onus is on you to phrase those negative views in a polite and constructive manner if you want people to pay attention to them. That's just basic civilised discourse.

Of course, you are quite at liberty to rant and hurl abuse too. It may even make you feel better to do so. But if you are under the impression that you are entitled to be listened to when you are being hostile to the potential listener, then you are clearly mistaken.

You, of course, are entitled to your opinion. But what I said is based on my real life experiences as a software developer. If you wait for your customers to express their disappointments in a polite and constructive fashion, you are going to wait for a long long time and you will be outdone by your competitors who aren't as selective.

Constructive feedback is a rare commodity, always has been and always will be. As a designer of a consumer product it is *your* responsibility to listen. Quite often it involves listening to a complete and utter drivel. Such is life. Get over it or get out of business.

Archived