Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

No ravenhearst pvp servers, really?

What is with this game, used to be a thriving pvp community now nothing. Good thing survive the nights is coming out this week.

I know, right? The five, no wait, four, pvp'ers need a server too! ;-)

(Begin the pvp vs pve wars have...)

/don't kill me in discord! :)

I like this mod, but in my opinion it is a bit too much. Everything is hidden behind different skills. Just to craft armor i need to level 3 skills (tailor station, construction tool, clothing) then every meal is hidden behind another book/skill. Forging is hidden behind different skills...

a bit too much

And the lockpick. It costs 10 forged iron and is a single use item (yes always breaks after opening the safe). It is cheaper to destroy it with an axe than to make lockpicks

I like this mod, but in my opinion it is a bit too much. Everything is hidden behind different skills. Just to craft armor i need to level 3 skills (tailor station, construction tool, clothing) then every meal is hidden behind another book/skill. Forging is hidden behind different skills...

a bit too much

And the lockpick. It costs 10 forged iron and is a single use item (yes always breaks after opening the safe). It is cheaper to destroy it with an axe than to make lockpicks

I don't mind the cost nearly as much as the inventory slots to carry them. Carrying just one seems kinda silly and carrying 5-6 eats up too much room. Jax let us stack em pls?

On another note. I was watching KnightRath stream last night and his ingame buddy was having an issue. Rath made labeled storage chests and his buddy cannot read them, only sees the generic "storage" text. Any idea for a possible fix I can pass along to them?

I know, right? The five, no wait, four, pvp'ers need a server too! ;-)

(Begin the pvp vs pve wars have...)

/don't kill me in discord! :)

maybe that is why they need the pvp server...to kill you ingame....which by how much you just die on your own is way too redundant :D

Loving the mod. One question I do have can buckets filled with water not be dumbed out? I was able to pick up water but when I try to dump it nothing happens no animation or anything.

Thanks again to Jax and all who have worked on the mod. It is really good.

If Jax makes lock picks stackable, they will lose the durability stat and will not be breakable. If you find lock picks too much trouble, don't use them.

Lables on the storages are visible only to its owners unfortunately, Jax cannot help here.

Buckets cannot be dumbed in this mod because Jax doesn't want us to use it for the 'unlimited water exploit'.

If Jax makes lock picks stackable, they will lose the durability stat and will not be breakable. If you find lock picks too much trouble, don't use them.

Lables on the storages are visible only to its owners unfortunately, Jax cannot help here.

Buckets cannot be dumbed in this mod because Jax doesn't want us to use it for the 'unlimited water exploit'.

WotW has stackable lockpicks that break after one use so...it IS possible to do.

Make a stack of lockpicks you can craft into single lockpicks, this way 2 Slots instead of more (Dont play this mod, only a suggestion if its a issue)

- - - Updated - - -

WotW has stackable lockpicks that break after one use so...it IS possible to do.

Its not braking its consuming (But maybe a sollution too, Jax need to decide)

Anybody got this mod to work on OSX?

hi, none of us know anything about macs, but another mac user got it to work and gave us these steps:

good luck!

MAC Install -

1) Uninstall 7dtd. Open Finder, from taskbar choose Go -> Home. Open Library -> Application Support -> Steam -> steamapps -> common. Delete 7 Days to Die folder. Reinstall 7 Days to Die.

2) Unzip downloaded mod. Open unzipped folder. You should see 4 folders: 7DaysToDie_Data, 7DaysToDieServer_Data, Data, and Mods. I will be referring to this as a “home screen”.

3) Open Steam. In your games Library, right-click 7 Days to Die and choose Properties from the drop-down menu. Choose the LOCAL FILES tab and choose BROWSE LOCAL FILES.

4) Copy & paste (do not drag-and-drop) the Mods folder to this location.

5) Open 7DaysToDie_Data -> Managed.

6) Right-click 7DaysToDie.app and choose Show Package Contents. Here you should see 2 folders: Contents and Data. This will be the other “home screen”. 7) Open Contents -> Resources -> Data -> Managed.

8) Copy & paste (do not drag-and-drop) the .dll files into this location. Mac OSX will ask if you want to keep both or replace. Choose replace.

9) Navigate back to each home screen.

10) Drag-and-drop the 7DaysToDie_Data, 7DaysToDieServer_Data, and Mods folders into this location.

11) Open the Data folders in each location. You will see there are Config, Prefabs, and UMATextures folders in each.

12) For each of these three folders, open up its corresponding folder so you can see the contents. Drag-and-drop the mod’s contents into its respective folder. For duplicate files, mac OSX will ask if you want to Skip, Stop, or Replace. Check the “Apply to All” checkbox, then choose Replace.

13) Start 7 Days to Die and enjoy the mod!

I really enjoy the mod as well. I have not been able to get it to run on a dedicated server for days so playing single player but it’s fun. Will be more entertaining once I get it running on the server. There’s no doubt the whispers add a certain amount of fear in the night but that’s how it should be. Now to load up another server with the winter mod so we have variety... :cocksure:

Is there a winter XML for generation ? Does it have hills ? The random gen was nice but it's starting to get a little stale with it being so flat and the city's seem very similar.

Is there a winter XML for generation ? Does it have hills ? The random gen was nice but it's starting to get a little stale with it being so flat and the city's seem very similar.

Cakes, I was referring to a different mod located at https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?78669-POC-Merry-ComSens-A-7-Days-to-Die-Winter-Project-Mod.

I am sure it’s possible to have all snow and of course the seed name would determines the world layouts but most of that is beyond of my abilities. I made the reference because some days I have had difficulties getting the server files to match with the mod launcher downloads, ftp of the uploads, etc. none has been the fault of the Ravenhearst mod or the launcher but likely a timeout of my ftp program.

I learned long ago that if something gives you grief it’s time to move on to something else for awhile and then regroup before attempting again. Back on topic, This has been a fun mod. The other in its own right is fun as well. As a matter of fact I have not found a mod I don’t like. Wish I had the talent myself to do modding.

Thanks for the info, I understand ravenhurst random gen was tweaked to the official servers playerbase requests.

@jax what are you thoughts on different biome xmls? Would you ever consider added some themed options ? I have been contemplating editing yours to provide different t geography and play experience.

Hello,

first: great mod.

I've used the Modlauncher to isntall revenhearst mod 7 Days Horde SP. But it seems that I've accidently got the "extra spawning" version.

Direct from the beginning there are always 3-6 Zs spawning near me.

This seems a little bit odd an I don't want this extra spawning. How can I disable this with the launcher?

Hello,

first: great mod.

I've used the Modlauncher to isntall revenhearst mod 7 Days Horde SP. But it seems that I've accidently got the "extra spawning" version.

Direct from the beginning there are always 3-6 Zs spawning near me.

This seems a little bit odd an I don't want this extra spawning. How can I disable this with the launcher?

Pretty sure that's not the extra spawning version. Ravenhearst basic has many more spawns than vanilla 7dtd, expecially more wilderness spawns. Out walking trhu the woods you're basically never gonna be alone.

Windows 10 just updated, now I can not run the mod through the launcher. Anyone else having this crazy shenanigans ?

I’ve seen several of these posts since the Win 10 update. I cannot offer any advice but might be worth searching the web if you haven’t yet. Mine updated without issue as have some others but there definitely seems to be an issue and it’s not just limited to this game or the launcher.

Got a question, i see alot of cars respowning really fast (like a few days, maybe a week or on relog, not sure), they spawn on place where you have destroyed cars originally loaded when you start the game.

Is this intended or is it a but ?

I noticed a similar after updating the mod. Nests, boxes, tables, cabinets are also being updated ...

After the last update, the whole world was cleared, along with chests (stuffed loot) and different workbenches. Everything I built has evaporated. There was only one forge left. Even the sleeping bag was gone :(