Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

So I'm trying to figure out how to make bullets. I see I need the ammo class perk but for the life of me I can't understand how to get it. Can't craft it in the research desk and looking through creative menu can't find that it is a schematic or book that I need to find. Am I just missing it somewhere?

Wait, I'm playing this mod single player, am I crazy or was this mod made for MP only?

I play it SP as well, maybe we're both a bit nuts?

Same here, going ok so far, though only just started it and can definitely tell the difficulty increase

I found the best way to play this mod in single player is with a few friends...:D

I wanted to like this mod but I couldn't for a few reasons: when I tried it I had a 2-3 sec delay each time I opened a menu, optimization issue, the next issue however broke the camels back: clutter items, I dispise when a mod makes the simplest things require mutiple pointless steps, like one item required you to make rope, then something else, then a 3rd thing then a 4th thing before you could finally do the final step to put it all together. That crap is not fun its just an annoyence. It also adds alot of clutter to the game when the base game already has too much clutter as it is. rope, the stone arrowheads, sticks etc in this mod all need to disappear and just use the base materials, like the normal game does, as your char would do these steps as they make it anyway.

If this "issue" get fixed i'd probally try the mod again. Also has the massivle lag when opening any menu/window been delt with?

So I'm trying to figure out how to make bullets. I see I need the ammo class perk but for the life of me I can't understand how to get it. Can't craft it in the research desk and looking through creative menu can't find that it is a schematic or book that I need to find. Am I just missing it somewhere?

you gain the ammo class perk when you take ANY of the gun classes.

if you went bows or something else, have to survive off of what ammo/boxes you scavenge or buy until you take a gun class.

I wanted to like this mod but I couldn't for a few reasons: when I tried it I had a 2-3 sec delay each time I opened a menu, optimization issue, the next issue however broke the camels back: clutter items, I dispise when a mod makes the simplest things require mutiple pointless steps, like one item required you to make rope, then something else, then a 3rd thing then a 4th thing before you could finally do the final step to put it all together. That crap is not fun its just an annoyence. It also adds alot of clutter to the game when the base game already has too much clutter as it is. rope, the stone arrowheads, sticks etc in this mod all need to disappear and just use the base materials, like the normal game does, as your char would do these steps as they make it anyway.

If this "issue" get fixed i'd probally try the mod again. Also has the massivle lag when opening any menu/window been delt with?

you'd probably faint if you knew how requested those "clutter" items were.

the inventory lag is a little better, some textures were reduced in the models, and the least voted on recipes removed.

it can't get any better til TFP put forth the inventory lag fixes on their end in a17. it's just something beefier mods have to deal with for now. operating largely out of your favorites menu helps though.

the only places i personally feel extreme menu lag are in the adv workbench, and deco station, most other things feel fairly normal to me, but i don't know when the last time i played vanilla was to compare

Edited by sinda (see edit history)

The lag is still there, but there are some workarounds until a better solution is in place.

If you want to fill up stations with fuel, the lag is really annoying. In those cases, I usually just type in some nonsense in the search window, like "ddddd" or whatever, to empty the list. That removes the lag completely and you can add wood without problems to your fuel input. Also, the modders have made it so that anything you craft will automatically be added to favourites. That way it's easier to always keep your favourites on, to reduce crafting lag.

As for the clutter items as you call them. I think that's simply a matter of taste. I like it this way. For me it increases immersion and it makes sense that you would need to turn rocks into arrowheads, and wood into sticks before you can put together an arrow. It's a way to illustrate that it takes a little time to fashion arrows, but that you can still do it in steps if you want to. Stock up on arrowheads, etc. I for one hope this does not get changed. The only thing I could wish for is for each such item to have more than one application. That's not a must for me though, just a nice to have.

you'd probably faint if you knew how requested those "clutter" items were.

the inventory lag is a little better, some textures were reduced in the models, and the least voted on recipes removed.

it can't get any better til TFP put forth the inventory lag fixes on their end in a17. it's just something beefier mods have to deal with for now. operating largely out of your favorites menu helps though.

the only places i personally feel extreme menu lag are in the adv workbench, and deco station, most other things feel fairly normal to me, but i don't know when the last time i played vanilla was to compare

Yeah, think i'll stay away from this, because all these extra steps are just stupid imo. Sad because the mod sounds great otherwise. I mostly play single player is partly why, if I was on a server it'd bother me alot less as there would be mutiple people to speed it up.

Quick Dumb question how does the composter work it says it takes 20 to fill but when i upgrade it the compost pile in my tool belt only goes down by 2 and also how many game days does it take to compost/ how do i harvest it?

Anyone have the answer still don't know what to do with my composter. thanks in advance for any responses.

Have Fun and Keep Survivng :peace:

Yeah, think i'll stay away from this, because all these extra steps are just stupid imo. Sad because the mod sounds great otherwise. I mostly play single player is partly why, if I was on a server it'd bother me alot less as there would be mutiple people to speed it up.

Arrows have been particularly annoying for me. I keep going to make them from wood and rocks and then have a “what’s wrong with this thing?” moment before remembering that I first have to make sticks and arrowheads grrrrrrr....

I get the appeal of complex multi-step crafting for the visual attention to detail and more realistic approach but dang it— a more abstracted representation that gets you what you want in fewer but “good enough” steps wins for me.

At least we don’t have to split the feathers in half and use glue....

Arrows have been particularly annoying for me. I keep going to make them from wood and rocks and then have a “what’s wrong with this thing?” moment before remembering that I first have to make sticks and arrowheads grrrrrrr....

I get the appeal of complex multi-step crafting for the visual attention to detail and more realistic approach but dang it— a more abstracted representation that gets you what you want in fewer but “good enough” steps wins for me.

At least we don’t have to split the feathers in half and use glue....

I remember being sad about all sticks, planks, etc being generalized to just "wood" but I definitely do not miss this tedium now that its gone!

Now I feel like I need to give a compliment. The mod is awesome and I really like the whispers at night. Super creepy!!! Also I wrongly thought that zombies would be blind to me at night as in the base game but that was a fatal assumption...lol. Going out at night is a huge risk again which is great. I was about to go out and gather a few fibers near the entrance to my base and with my finger literally poised over the E button in front of my door I heard a whispered “I see you!” And that was the end of that plan. I realize it was just a sound file and there probably weren’t any zeds in the vicinity at that moment but it sucked all the courage out of me and I decided that looking over all the new skills was way more important than getting fibers in the dark...lol

I have to say I find Ravenhearst the best balanced mod I have played. I'm really enjoying it a lot. It adds complexity and danger but not for just the heck of it. Everything I have seen so far has a purpose and a reason behind it. Now if TFP would fix their issues in vanilla so the menu lag in a full mod like this isn't so bad I would be over the moon!

- - - Updated - - -

a question from noobs.

but how do I pick up the blade trap?

already try with the wire tool and nothing

key E and nothing

Is it within range of your land claim block?

I really enjoy the mod as well. I have not been able to get it to run on a dedicated server for days so playing single player but it’s fun. Will be more entertaining once I get it running on the server. There’s no doubt the whispers add a certain amount of fear in the night but that’s how it should be. Now to load up another server with the winter mod so we have variety... :cocksure:

Anyone have the answer still don't know what to do with my composter. thanks in advance for any responses.

Have Fun and Keep Survivng :peace:

i haven't put down the composter since we map wiped, i remember it taking two, but nothing about 20.

takes a few in game days to be able to harvest iirc.

i haven't put down the composter since we map wiped, i remember it taking two, but nothing about 20.

takes a few in game days to be able to harvest iirc.

Sinda, when it is ready do you remember if text would pop up to tell you it was ready and to press e or something along those lines?

No ravenhearst pvp servers, really?

What is with this game, used to be a thriving pvp community now nothing. Good thing survive the nights is coming out this week.

You could always start your own server right...? I can’t speak for anyone else but I prefer pve with friends in a locked server over pvp where you constantly encounter trouble makers. Also Ravenhearst can be pretty taxing on systems so probably not as many play it as some other mods.

I have to say I find Ravenhearst the best balanced mod I have played. I'm really enjoying it a lot. It adds complexity and danger but not for just the heck of it. Everything I have seen so far has a purpose and a reason behind it. Now if TFP would fix their issues in vanilla so the menu lag in a full mod like this isn't so bad I would be over the moon!

- - - Updated - - -

Is it within range of your land claim block?

lol thanks