Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

What's the general consensus on the method(s) to get through the higher levels?

I just built an arena in my SP game, stocked on weapons/ammo, raised heat and spawned screamers non-stop. First I was looting zeds, but later just gave up on looting and just kept killing them. Got to lvl 100, but it is still slow, now I'm crafting exploding crossbow bolts hoping it will speed the process.

Hey sphereii, you know if there is any cure for the level bug? I did some cooking and when I leveled cooking to level 2 my xp level and points jumped an insane amount. Closest I can tell is I gained 833 points so now I have to make sure I don't buy perks that will cause my points to drop below 833 and my level jumped from 60 to 96 so I have to subtract 36 from my current level to make sure I don't buy any perks that I shouldn't have access to.

Am hoping it gets fixed in v3.0 as it's a pain in da butt to have to keep track of it.

I've never heard of this bug before. Is it reproducible?

am not 100% sure of the trigger but it seems to have something to do with leveling up from level 1 cooking to level 2....has happened to 3 of us on server now already. I have also seen others post about it.

You're right. Cooking is 1/10 - but for some reason while cooking a Meat Stew, it advanced that skill from 1/10 to 2/10.

There is a glitch somewhere, I gained +33 levels and +770 skill points instantaneously somehow.

This is on version 2.11.05.

At time I was at level 59 about to go to level 60. I started cooking ( 1 chunky beef soup, 1 bowl of stock, 4 bowls of ramen). My cooking level went from 1 to 2 and when it did my level went from 59 to 60 and my points went from (46-low 50's, not 100% sure on this now) to 833.

The 2 others it has happened to on server I play on had similar experience. Not sure of XP levels but cooking was going from 1 to 2.

so you actually got a metric f-tonne of skill points, even tho only leveled one level? on a skill that's not supposed to level you by cooking.

is that right?

a little different, but we had someone get a nre while opening a sink, they ultimately had to force close the game, but while they were trying to escape the error console, they could see the timer on their scavenge kept resetting, as if they were looting it over and over again.

sure enough when they came back in game, their scavenging was at 100. weirdest thing ever.

iirc, their log showed nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever.

i hate the error console hijack.

so you actually got a metric f-tonne of skill points, even tho only leveled one level? on a skill that's not supposed to level you by cooking.

is that right?

yeah, got somewhere in range of 775+ points....and the cooking only went up a level....my xp level went from 59 to 96...so I had gained around 36 points there. I say 36 instead of 37 because when the cooking leveled it was enough to level my xp to 60 but jumped to 96.

And cooking doesn't level your cooking skills? I am pretty sure it said something about cooking when I leveled.

All I know right now is it has my character out of whack and I have to try and compensate by subtracting (so close as I can) from my current points to get what I assume is my current level and skill points.

When 3.0 comes out and server is reset (if they continue on with Ravenhearst) I will try and stay away from cooking anything until someone else has tried it first :)

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

yeah when he released it, it was a sit and stare at the campfire thing, the 1-100 skill, all it did was decrease your cook times on items, then there was still the advanced cooking to unlock some recipes, unlocked based on that 1-100 skill.

then it was changed (i THINK before you guys picked it up, but i could be wrong) to a manual 1/10 skill that you just funneled points into, with the same result, decreased cook times, and unlocking adv. cooking.

yeah when he released it, it was a sit and stare at the campfire thing, the 1-100 skill, all it did was decrease your cook times on items, then there was still the advanced cooking to unlock some recipes, unlocked based on that 1-100 skill.

then it was changed (i THINK before you guys picked it up, but i could be wrong) to a manual 1/10 skill that you just funneled points into, with the same result, decreased cook times, and unlocking adv. cooking.

Well the advanced cooking needs points pumped into it but the regular cooking skill doesn't. It looks like it is either points or xp that levels it up. We are using the latest version as far as I know.

am not 100% sure of the trigger but it seems to have something to do with leveling up from level 1 cooking to level 2....has happened to 3 of us on server now already. I have also seen others post about it.

At time I was at level 59 about to go to level 60. I started cooking ( 1 chunky beef soup, 1 bowl of stock, 4 bowls of ramen). My cooking level went from 1 to 2 and when it did my level went from 59 to 60 and my points went from (46-low 50's, not 100% sure on this now) to 833.

The 2 others it has happened to on server I play on had similar experience. Not sure of XP levels but cooking was going from 1 to 2.

GAMIDA!! I love you. Your love of stews has solved one of the most annoying bugs we have had! Sliced Raw meat has a crafting ingredient xp property and THAT was allowing massive xp gains from cooking with it!

You deserve a medal sir. Chocolate interior optional but gladly granted!

GAMIDA!! I love you. Your love of stews has solved one of the most annoying bugs we have had! Sliced Raw meat has a crafting ingredient xp property and THAT was allowing massive xp gains from cooking with it!

You deserve a medal sir. Chocolate interior optional but gladly granted!

I'll do it!

IaJoEUl.png

Can't really take credit for it as I wasn't only one who had noticed it happened while cooking, but I am glad you found the problem. The thanks we will enjoy will be the earliest release possible of the next version.

Keep up the good work.

And sphereii, I don't look nearly that cute :)

Man really disappointed Rolling Papers is not a recipe. Especially after costing 10 skill points to be able to roll a joint. Can Rolling Papers be added with new release? Lower the Joint skill point requirement to something more reasonable like 5?

Noted an inconsistent design in my recent play:

Iron Fireaxe recipe requires advanced tool bench, where as Iron Pickaxe and Iron Shovel do not.

Seems all 3 Iron tools should have same requirement.

Noted an inconsistent design in my recent play:

Iron Fireaxe recipe requires advanced tool bench, where as Iron Pickaxe and Iron Shovel do not.

Seems all 3 Iron tools should have same requirement.

Noticed this as well, but as they are doing away with the tool head system in RH 3.0 I didn't think it was worth reporting.

Patch: 2.2 No Wipe Needed Required File Updates - XML, DLL

-Removed Auto Favoriting from the Dlls

-Added a fix for the eating and bandaging from inventory and fire bug. You STILL may see it if you spam click too fast though, so go slow and steady on it. Tested and it is a DRAMATIC improvement.

-Machete Blade will now be craftable in the Blacksmith Station

-Material adjustments on the Bridge Blocks

-Kitchen Table materials now match up.

-Added more wellness to foods and slightly increased wellness on existing foods.

-Removed all Ingredient XP (should prevent "magical level ups")

-Nano terrain blocks are now spawn free

-Using the Admin Nailgun will now no longer level Construction Tools

I know a few of you have been looking for support and to have questions answered. I have been absolutely swamped with work, RL and working on 3.0 that I do not frequently have time to be able to come here and answer all questions. Your best bet is to head over to Discord and there are a number of VERY knowledgeable players and mods, myself included, that are always around to answer questions. It is a very active and great community. You will also find discussions on upcoming 3.0 features and guides to a lot of mechanics in Ravenhearst.

https://discord.gg/YBHD9f3

We got a problem with the 7D launcher and the update ? - crashes for me.

Sounds serious.

Can we help?

- - - Updated - - -

Noticed this as well, but as they are doing away with the tool head system in RH 3.0 I didn't think it was worth reporting.

Not doing away with, streamlining ;)

And that is fixed in 3.0 for sure.

Not sure what happened but I ate a antibiotic from inventory to cure my infection and it didn't work...waited a while and tried again and still didn't do it. I tried from toolbelt and still didn't work. Waited another while and ate from toolbelt and it cured me.

Will try again next infection and see if it still happens or was a fluke.

Need some pipes!

Hello there, Im kind of new with the game (4 hs Vanilla) and 24 Hs with Ravenhearst and I LOVE the mod, Im not new to modding communities as I played other known games with mods.

I have a question, Im trying to make a forge, for what I saw on those 4 hs playing Vanilla 'Short Iron Pipe' was very common, now with Ravenhearst installed I don't seem to find any. I do love to roam, avoid packs of zombies and loot everything I see, but I need help on where I can find this item. I looted cars (all types), trash, bags, purses, file cabinets, entered cities, etc but I don't seem to find any.

Now I watched GameEdged let's play on youtube and lucky enough he found a pipe in 20 min of gameplay, 1st day at 10 Am on a trash bag on a road, hell if I looted those bags and nothing.

Also, we are on Version 2.2 right?

Best Regards Survivors!

you can find them all the ways you did in vanilla, trash, sinks, dismantling things, etc, and you can craft them with forged iron, or in the forge directly. might be advanced forge though, can't remember.

I did find one on a bag of trash on the road, now I need another one, at least I have the Bellow.

It is amazing how scarce that item is on Ravenhearst.