Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Can we move away from GitHub? The download throttling is horrid and will prohibit me from playing.

If you click on Check here to use a mirror, it'll use GitLab.com instead of Github.com. It may be better for you.

The mod itself is a 1.2G download; not a lot of places offer fast hosting for it. The initial download from Github or Gitlab will take some time, depending on your connection, but should only happen once. From then, it should be quick downloads to keep it updated.

Sorry for the slow response time, weekends are usually family time unless something happens

Doesn't harvest cars, also can you check into the fire axe, it doesn't always connect after 1st, 2nd swing.

Will check on the wrench for you. Also the fire axe may have a slight delay but the swing animation probably occurs. I will check on it though and if it is hinky I will switch it back to default for now.

Never mind this mod needs alot of work by the looks so I've gone back to Starvation. Good luck with it.

Can you please be more specific? There is nothing game breaking, and for a mod that has been in hard production for about 4 months I think we have done pretty well considering Starvation has over 2 years of production and bug fixing time. I try my best to check this thread hourly and fix any bug that people come across. If that is seen as a BAD thing then I apologize for being an attentive modder who actually listens to player feedback.

The Sword of the Dragoness is it in the mod still or been removed if still in how doyou get it or is it made ?

It is a rare loot item only

does this mod have the DLL crafting lag fixes that have been added to some other mods in the past? I think there is one that lowers the refresh of the item update and limits display of recipes to just the crafting table/bench that can make them...i dont have the link off hand, but could probably find it.

It does but with so many recipes it can still be very heavy. Using favorites is the best way to help this. We are looking into reworking the recipes and dropping a few or consolidating a few to ease this pain.

good work

My last message this to congratulate you and encourage you to continue, and I do not have much more to say, just that a mod that I like to death and it has a wonderful fluidity 70 to 80 fps, thank you for your kindness and take your time to answer everyone, continue like that big boss. I'm sorry for my english, sorry :smile-new::smile-new:

question why is it when we in back pack it lags so hard as its really hard to move stuff u have to hold a wait then move it round only issue we have so are

It's because of the extra recipes, whenever u open your inv or other workstations use the star "Favorites" and that will help.

I'm having really bad problems with fps and stuttering. And it seems to get worse and worse everytime I log in to play. It's to the point now where I'm getting 5fps when idle. I tried updating the mod launcher and pre-syncing the mod but it dosen't help. Even loading into the game and exiting the game takes forever. Any idea how to improve this?

I'm having huge probelms with fps and stuttering. Even loading the game up and exiting the game takes forever. I tried updating the mod launcher and pre-syncing the mod but it dosen't help. And the more times I log in to play the game the worse it gets. Now when I log in I'm at 5fps just standing idle. Is there a folder I need to flush or anything to get it playable again?

Had the same Vanilla issue

Can you delete the TempMods, and try again with the Mirror?

My game was starting in Vanilla also. It might not be a bad idea to show this fix with the launcher info on the 1st page for players. Took forever to find, but the mod has been worth it.

On a side note, "♥♥♥♥balls" seems to be a good seed name. Have 3 large cities and 1 massive one in the area I'm building. Named it kind of tongue in cheek after dying for the first time on day one in a very, very long time. And that first night, cowering inside. Very nicely done mod.

I have a problem with the traps skill. When I try to buy it up to level 1 so I can make scrap iron log spikes, it says that it costs -345 skill points. I currently have 6 free points, and cannot purchase it.

I reinstalled and started a new game with 2.05, so that shouldn't be what causes the problem, should it?

Never mind this mod needs alot of work by the looks so I've gone back to Starvation. Good luck with it.

Can you please be more specific? There is nothing game breaking

I thought other people explain it well, same issue I have with the mod.

does this mod have the DLL crafting lag fixes that have been added to some other mods in the past? I think there is one that lowers the refresh of the item update and limits display of recipes to just the crafting table/bench that can make them..

It does but with so many recipes it can still be very heavy.

It is game breaking and unplayable.

Some people might be use to playing on computers where they get 10fps.

And something they call gameplay where they play slideshow.

Rest just feel slight burps when chunks are generated.

Sorry but it just way to unplayable for me.

Just a quick note based on only 2 play through right now, but curing the virus is next to impossible, day 5 right now and i have died 3 times from going through the stages, after looting a few major and many minor POIs with no luck in finding anti meds, i did find the herbel remedy, but i dont ahve teh items needed to make them on my own right now, and crafting anti viral is locked around lvl 50 med skill iirc.

Dont get me wrong, im having fun except for this one small thing, no real issues other than cant cure myself and die every time from it, it feel like a very artificial block to the gameplay to me.

Ric0

Does nobody else have the weird thing with the traps skill? Says it cost 5 points on the left side, but right below the buy button it says -345, and it won't let you buy it?

Thats generally a game bug, and I could be mistaken, but I dont think theres a fix other then deleting the character and starting again. Someone else might have more info.

Thats generally a game bug, and I could be mistaken, but I dont think theres a fix other then deleting the character and starting again. Someone else might have more info.

That's really strange. I had the Traps skill working in version 2.04. Then I reinstalled everything as 2.05 came around, updated to 2.06 when that arrived, and haven't gotten to the point where I wanted the trap skill until now, and I get this bug. My girlfriend has the same thing, except she has -195 or something like that.

We have played a game of vanilla in between our Ravenhearst sessions. When using the vanilla shortcut for 7DTD (not starting with the mod launcher) I got some notification about cleaning up old files. Could that be relevant in this case? I have also, since discovering this bug, reinstalled Ravenhearst completely - but to no avail.

If it's our player profiles being bugged, it should only affect Ravenhearst right, since that's the only mod with a Traps skill?

That's really strange. I had the Traps skill working in version 2.04. Then I reinstalled everything as 2.05 came around, updated to 2.06 when that arrived, and haven't gotten to the point where I wanted the trap skill until now, and I get this bug. My girlfriend has the same thing, except she has -195 or something like that.

We have played a game of vanilla in between our Ravenhearst sessions. When using the vanilla shortcut for 7DTD (not starting with the mod launcher) I got some notification about cleaning up old files. Could that be relevant in this case? I have also, since discovering this bug, reinstalled Ravenhearst completely - but to no avail.

If it's our player profiles being bugged, it should only affect Ravenhearst right, since that's the only mod with a Traps skill?

Heres feedback from when I ran into the issue in another mod.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?38345-A-Clockwork-Project&p=754188&viewfull=1#post754188

In my case, starting a new world with new player profiles fixed the issue.

Edited by The Lorax (see edit history)

Heres feedback from when I ran into the issue in another mod.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?38345-A-Clockwork-Project&p=754188&viewfull=1#post754188

In my case, starting a new world with new player profiles fixed the issue.

That seems to be exactly the issue we are having, except we did start new saves just so we wouldn't get issues like this. My gf is using an entirely new seed on hers, whereas I reused my old seed but with a new save game (deleted old save and started over). Ah well, thanks for the reference and help, Lorax!

So I ran into an odd event. I installed the mod two days ago thru the mod launcher. I played til D3 the first night I had it installed. I went back tonight to play and fired up the launcher. Chose Ravenhearst thru the splashcreen and it did it's mod sync and started up. I had no mouse movement, keyboard worked fine, mouse buttons worked fine but no mouse movement.

So to troubleshoot I exited the mod and loaded up my vanilla game world. World loaded in and I got a msg saying lost 20 wellness. Odd but didn't think much of it. Had no mouse movement. I then realized I hadn't exited the launcher and that maybe that was the issue so exited game, closed launcher and started up 7dtd from my desktop icon like I always do. The game locked up on Loading Blocks. I then exited again, restarted my pc and tried again, same thing, locks up at Loading Blocks and I can't get any further. I haven't uninstalled the mod yet, or the launcher but if I need to no biggie. My real fear is having to Steam sync my vanilla game back to pure vanilla after all the xml tweaks I have done to it.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Just a quick note based on only 2 play through right now, but curing the virus is next to impossible, day 5 right now and i have died 3 times from going through the stages, after looting a few major and many minor POIs with no luck in finding anti meds, i did find the herbel remedy, but i dont ahve teh items needed to make them on my own right now, and crafting anti viral is locked around lvl 50 med skill iirc.

Dont get me wrong, im having fun except for this one small thing, no real issues other than cant cure myself and die every time from it, it feel like a very artificial block to the gameplay to me.

Ric0

Same experience here. I died 3 times the 1st week from infection, and that's never been the cause of my untimely demise before. While I was silently cursing Jax' name, I also decided I wouldn't let his evil programming break me. So on day 8 I raided the hospital and got some bandages. No antibiotics to be found, but they slowly started to trickle in after that. As for sinda's suggestion to fight more ranged, I picked the blades class and have to get a little up close and personal to progress, unless throwing knives gets introduced to the mod. Anyway, it got better and now I'm loving every second of it. I noticed in the hide armor quest it takes 65 animal hides to make the full set and not 60.

As much as I like the addition of other crafting stations love the advanced campfire, I would prefer to not have my high end system come to crawl by just opening the station. The extra recipes are great, but the lag these stations create, favorite recipes or not, is horrendous. I know this happens to ALL mods and I hope A17 will find a fix for this. Its a shame TFP still refuse to help out here.

As much as I like the addition of other crafting stations love the advanced campfire, I would prefer to not have my high end system come to crawl by just opening the station. The extra recipes are great, but the lag these stations create, favorite recipes or not, is horrendous. I know this happens to ALL mods and I hope A17 will find a fix for this. Its a shame TFP still refuse to help out here.

Yeah, the station inventory lag is ridiculous for a survival game that relies on mass inventory(s). It be like having a FPS game that would plummet to 10 frames and below every time you fired a gun !

I love how every community Modify the Game until 10FPS and still having fun.. or think they having fun.. it reminds me alot on Arma3... Vanilla +10 Mods and 120 Slot server fully reloaded... have fun on every corner with competetive fights on 8 maxfps..

why are u guys not trying to keep always an eye on the performance? whatever.. this was offtopic and u should just ignore it.

SKIP-->

My Problem:

I downloaded the 21DayVersion-master.zip

took the 7DaysToDieServer_Data Files on my Server and the other files on my local Client Game.

Server Starts, My Game Starts.. i connect. Stuck forever on "Initialize World..."

Nice -.-

So what i did wrong ?

P.S.

No Server Error Logs!