Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

I found a bug. I bought level 1 traps, and made some barbed wire fence. As soon as I did that, my traps went all the way to level 5. I don't even have the requisites for that!

I also got aloe vera cream recipe out of the blue. I'm not sure what triggered that, or even if it was a bug or intended.

EDIT Nevermind, I just read the notes about 2.05, and this was started prior to that version. I'll restart, though that sucks.

Edited by dcsobral (see edit history)

So my friend and i were playing this mod, post updates to both launcher and mod, and i had made significant upgrades to a POI.

we both left, going in different directions looking for air drops, only to find they were nowhere to be found where the markers said they were. Dug underround as well, and founf nothing. Got frustrated and went back to base, to find that the entire POI had reset itself like we had never been there, and everything we had done, changes, looting, storage boxes we had put down, evertything was gone.

Why? What would cause this? we lost an entire nights work on this, and have nothing to show for it, and its almost hoard night.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your base. This is a known issue in the base game where chunks reset. No one really knows why, and it seems to happen randomly. The only time people notice it is when they've lost their bases :(

I'm so sorry for the loss of your base. This is a known issue in the base game where chunks reset. No one really knows why, and it seems to happen randomly. The only time people notice it is when they've lost their bases :(

Lame.

Glad it isnt a mod issue, because this mod is the best mashup of the things i like from all other mods ive played!

@Jaxteller

I noticed you had added the sever DLL files in with the main version. Why maintain the server only version? If you are looking to cut back to amount of git repos you are maintaining, this seems like one you could get rid of without causing any issues? especially considering the size of the server and client dll folders is only like 6MB each.

Edit: Also, just at a glance, you could do the same for the streamer version. This would remove 2 git repos for you.

Edited by The Lorax (see edit history)

@Jaxteller

I noticed you had added the sever DLL files in with the main version. Why maintain the server only version? If you are looking to cut back to amount of git repos you are maintaining, this seems like one you could get rid of without causing any issues? especially considering the size of the server and client dll folders is only like 6MB each.

Edit: Also, just at a glance, you could do the same for the streamer version. This would remove 2 git repos for you.

Hosting Provider requirements :) They want a single zip to download and install.

- - - Updated - - -

hay i seem to have a problem ive been tring to load game with rh mod w/ launcher and when game loads to items i get a errors. ive tried everything i could think of .. could i be over looking something

What kind of errors are you getting? In the Mod Launcher, after playing the game and getting the errors, click on the View menu, then select Log Files.

You'll find two logs in that screen: output_log.txt and 7d2dlauncher.txt. Click on upload log file for each one, and let me know the pastebin.com link it gives you.

Hosting Provider requirements :) They want a single zip to download and install.

It would still be a single zip. The server would just end up with the client dlls as well. Though there's no reason they should cause any issues. At 6MB i would think its hardly an issue to toss them in. Especially once you consider the full size of the mod is 1.23GB.

Sorry, didn't see your edit.

Can you go to the View menu, in the Mod Launcher, and click on Log Files? Then for each file in the drop down (7d2dlauncher.txt and the output_log.txt ), click on Upload Log file. It'll give a pastebin.com link. If you share that, I'll take a look.

No need to appologize sphereii. Thank you for trying to help me. Here comes the link:

https://pastebin.com/dST63gnX

The strange think is that launcher worked fine with previous Dawn of the New Apocalypse version of Ravenhearst.

As you can see in log, I was able to run the MOD refresh today. Unfortunately game freezed on Loading game files stage for 30 minutes. I tried it few times without success. My assumption was that some files were corrupted so I deleted Ravenhearst folder completely and tried the installation from scratch but since that time, it fails. I tried it few times. You can also see that I force closed launcher few times because it downloaded mod without progres for like 20 minutes.

Maybe last note for you in case you will be going through log. I can see there a message "System.InvalidOperationException: Posloupnost neobsahuje ��dn� odpov�daj�c� prvek." which is patially in Czech. It means that the sequence does not contain a corresponding element.

It would still be a single zip. The server would just end up with the client dlls as well. Though there's no reason they should cause any issues. At 6MB i would think its hardly an issue to toss them in. Especially once you consider the full size of the mod is 1.23GB.

Without sounding too mean you would be surprised at what some do not want to do. They wanted a link to the server versions and only the server versions....Trust me yes it would be VERY easy for me to maintain 1 version of each mod. And they wanted it labelled as such. I supposed i could still label it dedi download on here and maintain it as a SP version and include both dlls. And just see what happens. YOLO! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I found a bug. I bought level 1 traps, and made some barbed wire fence. As soon as I did that, my traps went all the way to level 5. I don't even have the requisites for that!

I also got aloe vera cream recipe out of the blue. I'm not sure what triggered that, or even if it was a bug or intended.

I have seen others reporting XP gains that make no sense as well but I have not seen it myself or on our server so I can't seem to reproduce this. I am looking into it to see if there is anything i can do.

Medicine levels passively as you make medical items and unlocks recipes.

No need to appologize sphereii. Thank you for trying to help me. Here comes the link:

https://pastebin.com/dST63gnX

The strange think is that launcher worked fine with previous Dawn of the New Apocalypse version of Ravenhearst.

As you can see in log, I was able to run the MOD refresh today. Unfortunately game freezed on Loading game files stage for 30 minutes. I tried it few times without success. My assumption was that some files were corrupted so I deleted Ravenhearst folder completely and tried the installation from scratch but since that time, it fails. I tried it few times. You can also see that I force closed launcher few times because it downloaded mod without progres for like 20 minutes.

Maybe last note for you in case you will be going through log. I can see there a message "System.InvalidOperationException: Posloupnost neobsahuje ��dn� odpov�daj�c� prvek." which is patially in Czech. It means that the sequence does not contain a corresponding element.

Under the Test Mod Sync button, there's a check box you can click "Check here to download from a mirror". Check that, and try doing the Play again.

So Jax, just curious. I seen you mention version 3.0 and I would like to know if you are working on anything for end gamish stuff like new quests vs challenges? My play style mostly consist of exploring, looting and getting all the available armor/weapons and stuff in game. I am not a fan of building but I do make a decent base that can withstand blood moons. I am currently at day 34 (which in vanilla I'd be starting a modded game after night 35) and I have just about everything and all stations up. Just wondering if you'd like to share some but not all of what's yet to come if any?

Also wanted to mention that I don't farm much unless its very beneficial (now that green tea gives NO more wellness I might start). And yes I'm on day 34 because I didn't restart for patch 205.

So Jax, just curious. I seen you mention version 3.0 and I would like to know if you are working on anything for end gamish stuff like new quests vs challenges? My play style mostly consist of exploring, looting and getting all the available armor/weapons and stuff in game. I am not a fan of building but I do make a decent base that can withstand blood moons. I am currently at day 34 (which in vanilla I'd be starting a modded game after night 35) and I have just about everything and all stations up. Just wondering if you'd like to share some but not all of what's yet to come if any?

Also wanted to mention that I don't farm much unless its very beneficial (now that green tea gives NO more wellness I might start). And yes I'm on day 34 because I didn't restart for patch 205.

Yes, among other things progression will be getting a slight rework when it comes to stations and such. Lots of balances in loot. We are compiling a more realistic list of what you can craft and what would be something you would have to go and scavenge. We will be adding more quests in as well. I have a list of a few and also classes will be getting more of a rework (medical class is going to be the first making some things medic class exclusive like how farming is) but without revealing much I am working on new models for zombies with more special type abilities for horde nights. More boss like types. Gamestages will be getting a rework so the hordes in both wandering and blood moon will see more special type zombies the higher you go. I would like to make farming more interesting as well. And something people WANT to do as opposed to just doing it because it is there. I'm glad you picked up on the green tea thing. Farming is seen as "healthier" so wellness boost will be tied more into farming in the future ;)

One thing we want to rework is some pois. We are going back and forth over some stations being POI specific, like the ammo bench would be found oNLY in garages so there would be risk in going out to make ammo instead of crafting it afk in bases. There's some more but I want to leave some of it to surprise for when it is announced. Late game has always been a pet peeve of mine. We wanted to get beginning and mid game polished a bit before looking at endgame. But those days are coming. I have over 110 purchased assets. More than half are unused so yes, we have plans for sure :)

Ah mon, these things are nice to look forward to. I have around 3300 hrs in this game and have been playing since A6, also played at least 8 out of 10 mods. 7 days to die has been my goto game other than Skyrim and Ark but its always going to be a game for me to come back to and enjoy.

You and the mod community just deserve so much more!!

Can you delete the TempMods, and try again with the Mirror?

I did this few times already but tried again. Copying only relevant last lines from log.

For how long is it worth to wait? It took 15 minutes so far. My experience is that at this stage nothing happens even if I leave it running for hours.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking for Downloads.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Deleting existing mods...

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Deleting existing mods...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download: https://github.com/JaxTeller718/MainVersion/archive/master.zip

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Using Available mirror...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - No previous GIT exists. Cloning entire branch...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Syncing: https://gitlab.com/sphereii/RavenhearstMainVersion.git

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Refreshing Mods for 7 Day Horde Edition

I did this few times already but tried again. Copying only relevant last lines from log.

For how long is it worth to wait? It took 15 minutes so far. My experience is that at this stage nothing happens even if I leave it running for hours.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking for Downloads.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Deleting existing mods...

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Deleting existing mods...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download: https://github.com/JaxTeller718/MainVersion/archive/master.zip

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Using Available mirror...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - No previous GIT exists. Cloning entire branch...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Syncing: https://gitlab.com/sphereii/RavenhearstMainVersion.git

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Refreshing Mods for 7 Day Horde Edition

Before hitting Play just hit TestMod Sync first!

I have 100mbit connection and it took way more than 15 mins in first time, github is not allways playing nice guy...

On Day 1? I had no way of killing it to check for loot so I ran in a different direction when I respawned again.

Unfortunately the only way to get the Night Terrors to you is to release them from the start. On our server they are part of timed events. Every 21 days I release some event like Night Terrors or Wilderness increases etc. That's great when I control the server and XML but there is no way to do this sort of thing for you on the consumer end yet. Hopefully Pimps put in timed events of some sort so I can add something like that and have timed releases for certain spawns.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah mon, these things are nice to look forward to. I have around 3300 hrs in this game and have been playing since A6, also played at least 8 out of 10 mods. 7 days to die has been my goto game other than Skyrim and Ark but its always going to be a game for me to come back to and enjoy.

You and the mod community just deserve so much more!!

Thank you! And i agree. We would love to get more options for things like being able to spawn players in POIs based on quests etc. Every Alpha Pimps add more code so we can do more but sometimes they do take away. My hope is that a lot of code gets added for us modders to play with before they go Gold and then you will see the mod scene really explode with big ideas!

Potential Bug - Extended Firearm Assembly Book

So got everything working. I was in creative on a test server trying to figure out how to learn the extended mags and silencers and stumbled onto the "extended firearm assembly" book. Upon using the book I unlocked what appears to be...every recipe in the game maybe? It just kept popping up new recipes that I'd learned that were entirely unrelated. For example, this book taught me everything electrical related, despite having a science of 1. I'm not sure just how prevalent it is, but after 5m of scouring my crafting menu at uber-slow-modded-speed...I have yet to see a recipe I do not know how to craft.

So I have a couple questions then. Is this in fact how we are supposed to learn to make/repair attachments? If so, please fix <3. If not, then how are we to learn attachments...unless we're not supposed to of course.

Thanks!

-Mez