Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Just a quick note based on only 2 play through right now, but curing the virus is next to impossible, day 5 right now and i have died 3 times from going through the stages, after looting a few major and many minor POIs with no luck in finding anti meds, i did find the herbel remedy, but i dont ahve teh items needed to make them on my own right now, and crafting anti viral is locked around lvl 50 med skill iirc.

Dont get me wrong, im having fun except for this one small thing, no real issues other than cant cure myself and die every time from it, it feel like a very artificial block to the gameplay to me.

Ric0

Same experience here. I died 3 times the 1st week from infection, and that's never been the cause of my untimely demise before. While I was silently cursing Jax' name, I also decided I wouldn't let his evil programming break me. So on day 8 I raided the hospital and got some bandages. No antibiotics to be found, but they slowly started to trickle in after that. As for sinda's suggestion to fight more ranged, I picked the blades class and have to get a little up close and personal to progress, unless throwing knives gets introduced to the mod. Anyway, it got better and now I'm loving every second of it. I noticed in the hide armor quest it takes 65 animal hides to make the full set and not 60.

Tip: Choose Survivalist as the starting class, I believe it gives you an Herbal at start. (Although when I tried Surv/Blunt/Bow, all 3 gave me Herbals.) Not sure if they were supposed to.

As to the quest I can confirm...65 hides needed, but quest only asks for 60.

Can anyone explain how I get rid of the game breaking inventory lag with this mod, Tried playing it a few times & its totally unplayable as ill go into my inventory only to lag out & be killed by something ? I cant drag & drop items as they just drop to there original position & wont drag to were I need it to go like selecting my bedroll to place on my toolbelt, same with every item..

Thanks

As it's been said already (although probably lost with all the pages in this thread by now) to fix the inventory lag you need to click your favorites star to clear the recipes and there will be no lag.

I think it's how the game processes recipes, especially with modded. The more recipes showing, the more laggy it gets...in all inventories incl. crafting stations. I haven't played vanilla in a while, but I think it's either the same, or will be if TFP adds any major amounts of craftable items.

From seeing the same types of posts throughout this thread about the same thing, "Game-Breaking Lag"...I hope the explanation helps.

It's not game breaking, just confusing to manage for ppl who don't play mods too often.

Just to reiterate, Its already been stated that ways to help reduce some of the inventory lag are being looked into. Some inventory lag is to be expected, its just a problem with the way the base game handles recipes. Coming up with ways to mitigate it a bit is where we are at as a modding community. I suggested something that might help a little bit with some of the crowded recipes like wood,cloth,etc. Sphereii has released an auto favourite SDX mod. People are trying, Just have patience.

Hi!

Been playing your mod for several hours now with some friends. We've been struggling to figure out, how we unlock scrap iron tools, and iron tools?

Is there some kind of requirement for these recipes which isnt mentioned?

Currently im level 10 ingame, and with 15 points in construction tools and 3 points in primitive crafting, scrap iron crafting 3 and Iron tools 1. Is there something we're missing? Are we supposed to find these recipes in this mod, or is it unlocked by progression?

Also, this counts for iron tool head of every kind. Cannot craft because we are missing the recipe appearently

Edited by McGundamRoids (see edit history)

Been playing your mod for several hours now with some friends. We've been struggling to figure out, how we unlock scrap iron tools, and iron tools?

Is there some kind of requirement for these recipes which isnt mentioned?

Scavenging skill :)

<recipe name="scrapIron" unlock_level="5"/>
<recipe name="scrapBrass" unlock_level="5"/>
<recipe name="scrapLead" unlock_level="5"/>
<recipe name="scrapIronShiv" unlock_level="10"/>
<recipe name="scrapIronAxe" unlock_level="10"/>
<recipe name="scrapIronPickaxe" unlock_level="15"/>
<recipe name="scrapIronShovel" unlock_level="15"/>
<recipe name="scrapIronHoe" unlock_level="15"/>
<recipe name="Lockpick" unlock_level="20"/>
<recipe name="blunderbuss" unlock_level="20"/>
<recipe name="doubleBlunderbuss" unlock_level="25"/>

Same experience here. I died 3 times the 1st week from infection, and that's never been the cause of my untimely demise before. While I was silently cursing Jax' name, I also decided I wouldn't let his evil programming break me. So on day 8 I raided the hospital and got some bandages. No antibiotics to be found, but they slowly started to trickle in after that. As for sinda's suggestion to fight more ranged, I picked the blades class and have to get a little up close and personal to progress, unless throwing knives gets introduced to the mod. Anyway, it got better and now I'm loving every second of it. I noticed in the hide armor quest it takes 65 animal hides to make the full set and not 60.

I was beginning to think it was just me and poor RNG luck. The scarcity of antibiotics coupled with the ease of becoming infected has kinda broken the mod for me.

So, I have a question. I installed one of the extra addons (headshots removed). I copied and replaced entityclasses and items folders with the new folders but when the mod launched they were overwritten. How are we meant to do these so they remain?

If you are manually making changes, then I'd suggest not using the Mod Launcher to run. You can copy your files, then just start the game by running the 7daystodie.exe in the folder the mod launcher created for you.

I was beginning to think it was just me and poor RNG luck. The scarcity of antibiotics coupled with the ease of becoming infected has kinda broken the mod for me.

Sorry to hear that. Don't give up though. Some air drops are anti viral gold mines. I'm on day 33 now and have enough of everything, and wielding my katana not many can touch me. I sort of get why Jax decided to lower the drop rate of honey and antibiotics. It makes it more dangerous, but in my opinion the first week or two is challenging enough. It's endgame that needs to be more difficult.

My last message this to congratulate you and encourage you to continue, and I do not have much more to say, just that a mod that I like to death and it has a wonderful fluidity 70 to 80 fps, thank you for your kindness and take your time to answer everyone, continue like that big boss. I'm sorry for my english, sorry :smile-new::smile-new:

Thank you for the kind words. It means a LOT to me. We have had some try to say this mod is awful and does not work recently. I hold your comment in the highest regard as proof that you CAN get it to work if you have patience.

I'm having really bad problems with fps and stuttering. And it seems to get worse and worse everytime I log in to play. It's to the point now where I'm getting 5fps when idle. I tried updating the mod launcher and pre-syncing the mod but it dosen't help. Even loading into the game and exiting the game takes forever. Any idea how to improve this?

It is a very loaded mod but you can try to set UMA settings down to low and textures to half quality. This may improve performance for you.

I have a problem with the traps skill. When I try to buy it up to level 1 so I can make scrap iron log spikes, it says that it costs -345 skill points. I currently have 6 free points, and cannot purchase it.

I reinstalled and started a new game with 2.05, so that shouldn't be what causes the problem, should it?

We have been trying to track this issue down. we thought we had fixed it, but it seems we have not. There will be a patch later today that will not require any wipes but hopefully it DOES fix this issue.

I thought other people explain it well, same issue I have with the mod.

It is game breaking and unplayable.

Some people might be use to playing on computers where they get 10fps.

And something they call gameplay where they play slideshow.

Rest just feel slight burps when chunks are generated.

Sorry but it just way to unplayable for me.

I'm sorry you are having so many issues. I have 8g of Ram and and Nvidia 750TI with an I3 processor and i develop the mod and see only a few stuttering issues. Why is this? Who really knows. Things work different for everyone. This is a resource heavy mod no question. A17 will bring Unity optimizations and hopefully larger mods like this will be something everyone can enjoy free of such issues.

Just a quick note based on only 2 play through right now, but curing the virus is next to impossible, day 5 right now and i have died 3 times from going through the stages, after looting a few major and many minor POIs with no luck in finding anti meds, i did find the herbel remedy, but i dont ahve teh items needed to make them on my own right now, and crafting anti viral is locked around lvl 50 med skill iirc.

Dont get me wrong, im having fun except for this one small thing, no real issues other than cant cure myself and die every time from it, it feel like a very artificial block to the gameplay to me.

Ric0

I will be adding antibiotics to a few more places but the goal is to force players to be VERY careful in managing their buffs and in combat. Antibiotics are supposed to be a very rare find, I mean how often does Rick and company get a cure to the virus on Walking Dead?

My server community has also cursed me out enough lol. Im relenting, antibiotics will be increased a bit in next patch. And thank you for the bug report I will have that fixed in today's update.

As much as I like the addition of other crafting stations love the advanced campfire, I would prefer to not have my high end system come to crawl by just opening the station. The extra recipes are great, but the lag these stations create, favorite recipes or not, is horrendous. I know this happens to ALL mods and I hope A17 will find a fix for this. Its a shame TFP still refuse to help out here.

There MAY be a possible fix in the works that can help here! We arent 100 percent sure it can work but it is being worked on at the very least. A17 SHOULD have some fixes for this as well. Stay Tuned :)

Odd cause not all mods have the lag issue.

You have to dig a little deeper. Just because something is a mod doesn't mean it will have it. There are a number of causes, including the bag size and how MANY recipes there are. I have a LOT of recipes because I add a lot of items. So you may not see it in every mod but in mods like mine and Walkers you will see it more.

We are looking at a pretty big update today, so be prepared. It should not require a new save or a wipe. But of course it never hurts just because loot has been balanced and readjusted and there are some new vehicles in the world. Should be out in a few hours.

I'm having a problem raising wellness. Im at 74 eating bacon+eggs and meat stew and my wellness hasn't went up. Am I missing something? Thank you in advance

Still can't raise my wellness. Something else I noticed. 2 fetch quests are not working for me. The glass pipe and teddy bear. I have items in inventory and it doesn't count me having them.

I edited my post earlier but never got an answer to my other question, toolheads for various tools, what is required to make these schematic-wise. Do we need to be a certain level in a certain skill? or some special starting class?

Earlier somebody responded to my question, thank you alot!

I edited my post earlier but never got an answer to my other question, toolheads for various tools, what is required to make these schematic-wise. Do we need to be a certain level in a certain skill? or some special starting class?

Earlier somebody responded to my question, thank you alot!

im braindead enough to not check the "all section" my bad

Still can't raise my wellness. Something else I noticed. 2 fetch quests are not working for me. The glass pipe and teddy bear. I have items in inventory and it doesn't count me having them.

Wellness is dramatically lowered in this mod, but we are going to be raising them a bit for the next patch. I will check on those quests. Make sure those items have the ! on them as there are similar items that are scrap only

Wellness is dramatically lowered in this mod, but we are going to be raising them a bit for the next patch. I will check on those quests. Make sure those items have the ! on them as there are similar items that are scrap only

Ok I didn't have the official items for the quests so thank you for clearing that up. And as for the wellness I can't even raise it at all so I will be looking forward to the patch.

After hundreds of hours in other mods I'm feeling like this mod is the game I've always imagined in my head. So thank you for all your hard work and for sharing :)

Ok I didn't have the official items for the quests so thank you for clearing that up. And as for the wellness I can't even raise it at all so I will be looking forward to the patch.

After hundreds of hours in other mods I'm feeling like this mod is the game I've always imagined in my head. So thank you for all your hard work and for sharing :)

Thank you for the compliment. That is one of the highest praises I think I can receive. We are marching towards our ultimate goal and hearing that I am touching on all the right areas makes doing this all worth it. Wellness and antibiotics should be a bit more relaxed in the next patch (but not too much hehe)

If you are manually making changes, then I'd suggest not using the Mod Launcher to run. You can copy your files, then just start the game by running the 7daystodie.exe in the folder the mod launcher created for you.

Oh, I thought that was why that "gitignore" file was there, to keep the mod from overwriting the addons. So the only way to use the addons with the mod is to not use the launcher?

Oh, I thought that was why that "gitignore" file was there, to keep the mod from overwriting the addons. So the only way to use the addons with the mod is to not use the launcher?

There's a My Mods functionality, but a user found a bug with it today that doesn't allow it to filter.

Which add on were you looking for?

Headshots Removed added on with the 21 day horde version.

Create a new text file MyMod.xml, for example, and copy and paste this: Should show up under MyMods

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Servers>
<ServerGroup Name="MyMods" Logo="" Description="">
	<Server Name="Ravenhearst 21 Days" Logo="">
		<Description>
		</Description>
		<Excludes>
			<Exclude>7DaysToDieServer_Data</Exclude>
		</Excludes>
		<DownloadMode>Clone</DownloadMode>
		<Version>Latest</Version>
		<ReleaseNotes/>
		<Downloads>
			<Download>https://github.com/JaxTeller718/MainVersion/archive/master.zip</Download>
			<Download>https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DPatches/raw/master/Alpha16.4/ZombieTextures/ZombieTextureOverhaul.zip</Download>
			<Download>https://github.com/JaxTeller718/21DayVersion/raw/master/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll</Download>
			<Download>https://github.com/JaxTeller718/21DayVersion/raw/master/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Mods.dll</Download>
			<Download>https://github.com/JaxTeller718/21DayVersion/raw/master/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Mods.pdb</Download>
			<Download>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JaxTeller718/21DayVersion/master/Data/Config/gamestages.xml</Download>
			<Download>https://github.com/JaxTeller718/HeadshotRemoved/archive/master.zip</Download>
		</Downloads>
	</Server>
</ServerGroup>
</Servers>

Then, in the Mod Launcher, choose Open File... and select it.

I've had blade traps out for my last two blood moons, day 42 and 49, and majority of the zombies will walk right through them without anything happening. You don't hear the sound of the blades cutting through something and you don't see the any animation of the zombies getting hit. I have the blades at the bottom of a pit and they are all next to each other, no spaces between them.