Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

idk if this already has been reported, cause i didnt read all the comments, but if you kill a zombie at the same place where anotherone died, the second corpse just disapears, and there is nothing to loot, so you loose it all, on hordenight you loose like 90% of the loot like this way

I was afraid this might happen. My server wont intialise for this build.

After it loads myserver.xml

I get this exception

Exception: Block with name 'HDTire' not found!

at WorldBiomes.KH (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.AH (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+BI.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I noticed a new folder in the download files called:

7DaysToDie_Data

Do i need that for a hosted server ? If so where does it go in the file tree ?

It looks like a client side folder to me.

thanks

idk if this already has been reported, cause i didnt read all the comments, but if you kill a zombie at the same place where anotherone died, the second corpse just disapears, and there is nothing to loot, so you loose it all, on hordenight you loose like 90% of the loot like this way

This is a vanilla thing, it has nothing to do with this mod. Therefore the mod author can't fix it.

*Looks at the credits list in the op...*

Yeh I've no doubts that Jax will credit where credit is due, especially if he knows credit IS due, but geesh, have some tact and pride on how you approach it.

To be fair, I think part of this is a language barrier situation.

Good point.

I dunno, so many mods, so many ideas, keeping track of who made what is tedious. =)

My motto is "if I see it, I will use it." Jax is much more gracious than I will be. =)

and

Hello JaxTeller718.

You named a lot of mods that you use. But were Experimental Recipies, wich you use too?

What I want most to understand is that I LOVE this community. Not even just the 7 Days community but the modding community. Everyone for the most part has always been very helpful and kind to me. I hope that I can one day be as generous to others as they have been to me.

My opening post got edited. It was MUCH longer. But word limits and the fact i only reserved 3 posts made me edit a lot of things. It is true I never gave Sergant credit but it wasn't because I was trying to be a tool or hiding anything. I specifically state in the open that not every single thing in this mod is by me. I try VERY hard to keep track of whose is whose. And i also make sure I at least ask the person before hand that I may be using something. If I haven't I apologize.

I'm not going to get into a sob story but I will summarize VERY briefly. When I first started this mod I was in a bad place in life. After finding solid people like Guppy and Stallion on the old IRC channel we all talked about how great it would be to have a server for all of us forum people to meet up in. Well I dove into learning servers and made one. While it never became anything official it opened up a gateway for me to meet some incredible people. Months into it I experienced a heart attack, and the people I met on the server became friends. They were there for me in ways I can't even describe. EVERYTHING I do in this game is for our server first and foremost and that may sound stupid and cliche but it is true. If not for my wife and for the people of this game I do not know where I would be. It has given me purpose, because it is something I can share with others.

That server still runs today. As part of our identity we began using Valmod and then War of the Walkers 2 years back. We had 2 servers but the community was divided. So i merged both mods. I removed some stuff we did not like, i tweaked a lot of things we did like. Then I began creating my own stuff. So we added that into this mash up. Over the two years we have been playing our server we have wiped dozens of times to test new things out. I have added so much both from the community and from my own knowledge. Some of the assets at one point were used with permission of Pacco or were releases made by Morte. These have since been incorporated into Starvation so that muddied the waters even more for me in making sure I do not use certain things. What was once ok to use was now not and that was a lot of work to go back and remove what was previously public. But we did it because we do not ever intend to piss anyone off.

When I read something in Tins post about sight scale or about adding fog, i try it out. Im certain i got the idea of how to balance trader mark ups from SOMEWHERE but I don't remember where. I know for a fact I used Clockworks dupe fix, might have pasted the code he posted in his thread. But after years of things like that how is it possible to keep track of every single idea or change? It is VERy hard so I try to credit who I can with what I remember. We all make tweaks such as this. We add things to our server almost daily to see what works for us. The code becomes part of the server. 2 years of things like this. We tried out some SDX mods, and when we could we used some models for things already in our game like plastic bottles or decorating stations. About 4 months ago I got HEAVILY into making my own Unity Mods. I have over 500 dollars of PURCHASED Assets, over 110 models in my unity currently. Because I LOVE this game and i LOVE this community I started to release my mods individually so anyone could use them as they saw fit. All i wanted was a credit. Xyth, sphereii, Pacco ALL incredibly generous to me with their time and insight. sphere and xyth have both been extremely generous in making models for me and the community to use. Xyth even filled some requests. My hope is to be just like them, to make anything anyone could want. But doing all this, yes some things slip by when it comes to credit. My greatest wish is a community that bands together and shares ideas and if anything I have done is detrimental to that I wholeheartedly apologize.

I'm a nothing. A nobody. I made a mod, I bought some assets. The mod isn't even good in my opinion. I see a LOT wrong with it. And I thank each and every one who are enjoying it. It brings me a lot of happiness to know I can contribute something to someone's enjoyment of this game. I may be critical of 7 Days at times but is truly the second love of my life behind my wife. The most important thing that people need to remember is this was never intended to be a mod for the public. It kind of just happened because people found it on the Launcher and started playing it. So there is a lot I may miss when it comes to credit over the years for influences and if I do please just let me know and I will make sure I properly credit you or remove anything you are not comfortable with being in the mod.

I may have gone way too much into detail over this, but Guppy will tell you I can be "emotional" at best. I genuinely will never ever intentionally steal anything, and I certainly mean no harm by throwing my name into the modding hat. There is a lot I need to learn still, and I thank everyone for the patience in dealing with me and understanding in the fact that I am not perfect and can always be better.

My apologies for such a long winded post, but I just wanted everyone to know where I am coming from with all of this so people can hopefully understand that I am not trying to take any credit for things that are not mine.

Edited by JaxTeller718 (see edit history)

@JaxTeller718 loving the mod I'm playing the 21 day edition I restarted cause of the update but the game still shows 2.05 version. I'm using the mod launcher. Also any eta on when you think you will add fishing back to the mod.:smile-new:

Still shows 2.05

Ill check the window file it is possible i need to upload a fresh window.xml to show the new number. Fishing may be back for 3.0! Fingers crossed

Jax, can you add this ModInfo.xml to your mod?

...you'll need to create a mods/ravenhearts folder to put it in.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<xml>
<ModInfo>
	<Name value="Ravenhearst" />
	<Description value="Ravenhearst" />
	<Author value="JaxTeller718" />
	<Version value="2.05" />
	<Website value="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76822-Ravenhearst-Mod"/>
</ModInfo>
</xml>

...and then update it as well? It's a quick and easy way for me to log into the server to see what version it's running w/o having to load the game.

Jax, can you add this ModInfo.xml to your mod?

...you'll need to create a mods/ravenhearts folder to put it in.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<xml>
<ModInfo>
	<Name value="Ravenhearst" />
	<Description value="Ravenhearst" />
	<Author value="JaxTeller718" />
	<Version value="2.05" />
	<Website value="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76822-Ravenhearst-Mod"/>
</ModInfo>
</xml>

...and then update it as well? It's a quick and easy way for me to log into the server to see what version it's running w/o having to load the game.

Done. Added them to the Main 7 Day version and the 21 Day Versions. Let me know if it is done properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Bottle of murky water should be made on player with snow and glass jar/bowl/can. Just sayin :)

And Tire Iron doesn't harvest as said in it's description.

Snow is sort of in flux right now. Stay tuned on that one.

The tire iron only harvests cars. Check to see if that is working, it doesn't harvest things like stove or electric panels.

I need some help with this HDTire error. If i comment out the HDtire reference in biomes.xml the server will initialize but then i can't connect because the block Hdtire cant be found. I've commented that out in blocks.xml but the exception still pops up. So can anyone let me know which file would be calling HDtire ( or if there is an image file for it or somethin or other that could be missing ) so that i can replace it as i think there must be a corrupted unity file or something. thanks.

Snow is sort of in flux right now. Stay tuned on that one.

The tire iron only harvests cars. Check to see if that is working, it doesn't harvest things like stove or electric panels.

Doesn't harvest cars, also can you check into the fire axe, it doesn't always connect after 1st, 2nd swing.

Edited by vudugan (see edit history)

assistance is required fellow friends

hey friends, trying to play a game with me n my friend with this mod, its single player mp.

the game is crashing every 5-10 minutes for no reason which is really annoying because it takes 6 minutes to start up again each time.

also we're getting a metric crap top of lag in the inventory alone.

anyone know how to fix this shizzle?

This is a vanilla thing, it has nothing to do with this mod. Therefore the mod author can't fix it.

my Problem is, that it is even worse then in vanilla, because if you kill just 2 zombies, and there is nothing around, in vanilla the zombieremains spawn just next to each other, but here in ravenhearst one of the two zombieremains doesnt even show up, you dont even see it getting destroyed like in the vanilla mod, it is like a blackhole shows up and sucks it in and let me crying back because it happens mostly on the zombies with the nice loot =(

my Problem is, that it is even worse then in vanilla, because if you kill just 2 zombies, and there is nothing around, in vanilla the zombieremains spawn just next to each other, but here in ravenhearst one of the two zombieremains doesnt even show up, you dont even see it getting destroyed like in the vanilla mod, it is like a blackhole shows up and sucks it in and let me crying back because it happens mostly on the zombies with the nice loot =(

It happens anytime another zombie dies on top of a corpse. Vanilla fixed this by adding a 2nd corpse if loot is in it after exploding or destroyed.

this is a vanilla issue, it's just how the gore blocks work.

if you feel you are loosing too much loot, move around more and kite them so they don't pile up when they die.

hey friends, trying to play a game with me n my friend with this mod, its single player mp.

the game is crashing every 5-10 minutes for no reason which is really annoying because it takes 6 minutes to start up again each time.

also we're getting a metric crap top of lag in the inventory alone.

anyone know how to fix this shizzle?

your game could crash from 3 million reasons, they would need more info, including the output logs.

@inventory, you need to use your favorites more, hopefully a17 reduces this greatly if not eliminates it.

does this mod have the DLL crafting lag fixes that have been added to some other mods in the past? I think there is one that lowers the refresh of the item update and limits display of recipes to just the crafting table/bench that can make them...i dont have the link off hand, but could probably find it.

Just a thought because I'm trying a few base planning ideas...

How tall are the Night Terrors and (bulky red lumberers?) when it comes to block hight? Are they 3 or more high, or do they track into 2-high spaces?

Just asking because I had a behemoth chase me down a 2-high tunnel in another mod even though the model was 5 blocks tall.

Keep it up Jax, forego the naysayers and plow thorough with how you've envisioned this...it's turning out great.