Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

usually 60+ fps, sometimes dips to 40ish, usually around skyscrapers... or if i'm doing something dumb.

my computer is nothing near beastly

f6cb33899d.jpg

hit the favorites when in workstations.

not really sure i can put this here, if not sorry, i'll take it out or nix it-

but it was suggested to me to try cleanmem (google) to help clean up the memory leaks in firefox and 7days.

previously my ff would climb up 2-3g, it now rarely goes above 1g

7d2d at times would clog up to 13g, now hardly goes over 1.5

13g on a 16g system, usually means death in the wilderness

A few of my regulars checked out Ravenhearst and enjoyed it, so I've put up a server for them.

Jax, I think you and your team have done a nice job of adding variety and depth. Well done. I wish you the best in future developments of the mod.

My server is TsuGaming.com | Ravenhearst Mod A16.4 | PVE. 32 player PVE w/ CBSM. We have 4-5 regulars already and hope to recruit more players to the mod. You can view the CBSM site at https://tgn6.envul.com or our website http://www.TsuGaming.com (Ravenhearst info coming soon).

One bit of feedback I already have - which I'm sure you've heard about enough already - is the bag lag. Hopefully that can be resolved quickly as that is the only major bug/issue I've noted so far.

I downloaded the 21DayVersion-master.zip

took the 7DaysToDieServer_Data Files on my Server and the other files on my local Client Game.

Server Starts, My Game Starts.. i connect. Stuck forever on "Initialize World..."

Nice -.-

So what i did wrong ?

I downloaded the 21DayVersion-master.zip

took the 7DaysToDieServer_Data Files on my Server and the other files on my local Client Game.

Server Starts, My Game Starts.. i connect. Stuck forever on "Initialize World..."

Nice -.-

So what i did wrong ?

Did you copy all the files to the server:

Data, Mods, 7DaysToDieServer_Data?

If so, post your server output log which is located in the 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder. pastebin.com is generally best for posting error logs here.

So I ran into an odd event. I installed the mod two days ago thru the mod launcher. I played til D3 the first night I had it installed. I went back tonight to play and fired up the launcher. Chose Ravenhearst thru the splashcreen and it did it's mod sync and started up. I had no mouse movement, keyboard worked fine, mouse buttons worked fine but no mouse movement.

So to troubleshoot I exited the mod and loaded up my vanilla game world. World loaded in and I got a msg saying lost 20 wellness. Odd but didn't think much of it. Had no mouse movement. I then realized I hadn't exited the launcher and that maybe that was the issue so exited game, closed launcher and started up 7dtd from my desktop icon like I always do. The game locked up on Loading Blocks. I then exited again, restarted my pc and tried again, same thing, locks up at Loading Blocks and I can't get any further. I haven't uninstalled the mod yet, or the launcher but if I need to no biggie. My real fear is having to Steam sync my vanilla game back to pure vanilla after all the xml tweaks I have done to it.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Sorry for the delay, I didn't see this.

It's really tough to say. We'd need to see logs for each of your crash scenarios. If you could post them, that'd be great. you'll find the logs files under 7DaysToDie_Data/output_log.txt

And while it may be too late for this advice, I'll offer it anyway: never mod the steam folder. Make a copy of the game (the Mod Launcher does this under advanced mode), and make your changes there.

It's really tough to say. We'd need to see logs for each of your crash scenarios. If you could post them, that'd be great. you'll find the logs files under 7DaysToDie_Data/output_log.txt

And while it may be too late for this advice, I'll offer it anyway: never mod the steam folder. Make a copy of the game (the Mod Launcher does this under advanced mode), and make your changes there.

also want to add: If you verify the steam files before installing the mod with the modlauncher, it will help cut down on some initial problems.

EDIT:

IO really want to change the crosshairs to another color or share, anything other than white that gets lost with any kind of light shining in the direction you are aiming.

While looking I looked at the most recent log files found these couple lines, not that it matter game still plays fine.

The file 'C:/7D2D/Ravenhearst/21_Day_Horde_Edition/7DaysToDie_Data/level1' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
[Position out of bounds!]

(Filename:  Line: 223)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

SDX:  Could not find sdx config file: ''. Using default settings

Where do I change the crosshair color to Red or Green?

Edited by Death2gnomes (see edit history)

also want to add: If you verify the steam files before installing the mod with the modlauncher, it will help cut down on some initial problems.

True. However verifying through steam will not remove files that don't belong, which can cause problems. The newest version of the launcher removes the mods folder now on copy.

This is the guide I made for players on my server.

!!Requirements for FIRST install of new MOD!!
1. Right Click on 7days2die in Steam > Properties > Local Files > Delete the following folders (7DaysToDie_Date, Mods, Data).
2. Select Local Files > Verify Integrity of game files
3. Wait for all files to verify and download
4. Right Click on 7days2die in Steam > Show Game Launcher > Tools > Clean Game Data > Select (Game data) > Clean
5. Select Start Game Tab > Make sure EasyAntiCheat is disabled > Run & Save
6. Make sure game launches > If error about trader Caitlyn pops up, just close and ignore. Other errors means something went wrong with the above steps

Ok, hope this is right. First time doing this so............. fingers crossed

https://pastebin.com/w7AXMT4H

https://pastebin.com/sSndBanB

https://pastebin.com/0WKwW2uq

https://pastebin.com/2pF2ugav

https://pastebin.com/9RCjDjAT

https://pastebin.com/k18dqxDD

Ravenhearst itself seems to have fixed itself. Logged in today and all worked fine. My vanilla is still borked tho. I assume from opening it from within the launcher. :(

Edited by JCrook1028 (see edit history)

True. However verifying through steam will not remove files that don't belong, which can cause problems. The newest version of the launcher removes the mods folder now on copy.

That assumes players modded using the original steam folder, in which case, the guide by The Lorax works as the better solution.

Can anyone explain how I get rid of the game breaking inventory lag with this mod, Tried playing it a few times & its totally unplayable as ill go into my inventory only to lag out & be killed by something ? I cant drag & drop items as they just drop to there original position & wont drag to were I need it to go like selecting my bedroll to place on my toolbelt, same with every item..

Thanks

If I think I'm having fun, then I am. Also, 10fps? I get more. A lot more. But then again I don't max out the stupid settings that offer no benefit (ssao).

Think you do not know what we mean when we say 10fps.

This is max settings high (with some even further settings using nvidia profile editor)

So yes SSAO which improves quality and Anti Alias trying to kill jags.

I have it set to discard frames over 60 instead of just limit which helps with dips with chunk generation.

Why it looks no vsync

frames.jpg.bddebcc6bcc7d0b9d55e7c6d0af1cee3.jpg

Its 93 fps apparently shrinks images even more uploaded.

The problem is try to move 1 item in inventory it feels like slideshow at 10fps.

Which I stated some people like you might be use to playing with thirty year old computers at 10 fps

Yet I own real computer for gaming.

If you want to know what SSAO is instead of being rude to other people you could always try google.

Edited by G3zz (see edit history)

Ok, hope this is right. First time doing this so............. fingers crossed

https://pastebin.com/w7AXMT4H

https://pastebin.com/sSndBanB

https://pastebin.com/0WKwW2uq

https://pastebin.com/2pF2ugav

https://pastebin.com/9RCjDjAT

https://pastebin.com/k18dqxDD

Ravenhearst itself seems to have fixed itself. Logged in today and all worked fine. My vanilla is still borked tho. I assume from opening it from within the launcher. :(

You can try those instructions to fix your vanilla game.

This is the guide I made for players on my server.

!!Requirements before the install of new MOD (resets to vanilla)!!
1. Right Click on 7days2die in Steam > Properties > Local Files > Delete the following folders (7DaysToDie_Date, Mods, Data).
2. Select Local Files > Verify Integrity of game files
3. Wait for all files to verify and download
4. Right Click on 7days2die in Steam > Show Game Launcher > Tools > Clean Game Data > Select (Game data) > Clean
5. Select Start Game Tab > Make sure EasyAntiCheat is disabled > Run & Save
6. Make sure game launches > If error about trader Caitlyn pops up, just close and ignore. Other errors means something went wrong with the above steps

Edited by The Lorax (see edit history)

Think you do not know what we mean when we say 10fps.

This is max settings high (with some even further settings using nvidia profile editor)

So yes SSAO which improves quality and Anti Alias trying to kill jags.

I have it set to discard frames over 60 instead of just limit which helps with dips with chunk generation.

Why it looks no vsync

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23474[/ATTACH]

Its 93 fps apparently shrinks images even more uploaded.

The problem is try to move 1 item in inventory it feels like slideshow at 10fps.

Which I stated some people like you might be use to playing with thirty year old computers at 10 fps

Yet I own real computer for gaming.

If you want to know what SSAO is instead of being rude to other people you could always try google.

I know what ssao does and I also know it's total hogwash unless you're sitting still staring at something. Me, I'm busy moving around and killing crap (or dying) to notice trivial video enhancements, so I turn them off so I do NOT have the very slideshow you're complaining about.

There isn't a DAMN THING modders can do about inventory lag, since the pimps decided a few alphas ago to remove the very simple where statement from the query. I've bugged the pimps on the forums, I've bugged a few directly, and the word is "it has to be brought up/ discussed", which can only be brought up when they're working on mod support.

as far as i know, all mods that have a lots of recipes or big backpack are having the lag issues. well, the lag issues not really a matter to me as well tho as far as i experience it. For me, same with what other suggested, either i just use favorite, or just sort our bag in safe place.

as far as i know, all mods that have a lots of recipes having the lag issues

Not for me and I have tried every mod from installer which most of them is pretty much copy+paste of each other using the same assets over and over.

It is issue with too many recipes no doubt but that is design flaw more than anything of the mod.

You can try those instructions to fix your vanilla game.

Yea, exactly what I was trying to avoid, losing all my xml changes in Data. Looks like there's no way around it tho. Lesson learned, never open a vanilla game with a mod loaded :) and never mod the Steam version, copy it out first. Although, unless I'm missing something, wouldn't this happening to a copy not in the location Steam uses STILL have required me to verify files back to pure vanilla to fix? I guess the solution is to copy over pure vanilla folders to my modded copy one at a time to fix and hopefully save SOME of the edits? Is that right?

Odd cause not all mods have the lag issue.[/QUOte]

Not all mods have this amount of content, either; but you're clearly just looking to whine, not learn, so carry on.

It's not a mod design flaw, it's a vanilla design flaw that gets exacerbated in heavy content mods.

but you're clearly just looking to whine

You clearly looking to cause fight / boost your ego Richard.

Since I posted you have tried to troll/attack me.

Well child I do not take kindly to it maybe you could try to act like adult.

Last I checked we both own the video game, so not sure what right you think you have to treat others poorly.

Edited by G3zz (see edit history)

Well, it wasn't too bad to fix/save the vanilla world. I went and copied out the folders I had changes in the xmls then verified thru steam and copied the folders back in. I guess whatever got messed up wasn't in anything I had changed so..all set now. Thx for all the help guys, You Rock!

Well, it wasn't too bad to fix/save the vanilla world. I went and copied out the folders I had changes in the xmls then verified thru steam and copied the folders back in. I guess whatever got messed up wasn't in anything I had changed so..all set now. Thx for all the help guys, You Rock!

Glad everything is working for you.

I am on Day 5 in the mod and I am finding 2 things: its very easy to get infected and its very difficult to find cures. I've been living hand-to-mouth on the cures between a single herbal antibiotic, a single honey and a single antibiotic pill.

Is it intentional that curing agents in the mod are tough to find?

And it's not like I am not scavenging or killing, my scavenging is 39 and most of my levels have come from killing.

Edited by Loftus (see edit history)

The bickering won't get us anywhere. I do agree this is an issue that should be looked into (or pressed more). I've played other mods and it hasn't been as noticeable. But since I don't know much about what's going on under the hood, I'm not going to pretend to and start pointing fingers.

It's just that the bag lag does cause some significant problems in practical situations (loot movement, weapon switching, etc.). Basically whenever you try to go a quick bag/belt swap or get caught off guard, you're pretty much screwed until it releases you. I've seen players die as a direct result of nothing more than the bag lag. So I've told them to compensate by only getting into their bag in safe areas. It'd just be nice to not have that concern as in most other mods and in vanilla.