Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

@sphereii Loftus is sorted. Oddly his github connection was throttled. No other connection was. Downloaded the mod manually and copied it over into the launchers location then "Test Mod Sync" got him sorted from there.

I found something that I think is confusing. When you initially choose the mod you want and click "Install Mod" It creates the location for the files and makes a copy of the vanilla game. You can see it doing stuff with the status bar in the bottom left corner. When that finishes you would assume that your good to go. The problem is, the Mod itself isn't downloaded or installed at that point. For that to happen, you have to click "Play Mod" for a small mod that wouldn't be an issue as it would happen so fast you would hardly notice. For a mod of this size, it just sits there with no indication anything is happening. You can check your Network traffic however and see that its downloading the mod in the background.

Edited by The Lorax (see edit history)

@sphereii Loftus is sorted. Oddly his github connection was throttled. No other connection was. Downloaded the mod manually and copied it over into the launchers location then "Test Mod Sync" got him sorted from there.

I found something that I think is confusing. When you initially choose the mod you want and click "Install Mod" It creates the location for the files and makes a copy of the vanilla game. You can see it doing stuff with the status bar in the bottom left corner. When that finishes you would assume that your good to go. The problem is, the Mod itself isn't downloaded or installed at that point. For that to happen, you have to click "Play Mod" for a small mod that wouldn't be an issue as it would happen so fast you would hardly notice. For a mod of this size, it just sits there with no indication anything is happening. You can check your Network traffic however and see that its downloading the mod in the background.

Yes, I'm looking over the API, and have updated it to a newer version, and checking to see if I can improve it. I'm not sure why some get throttled and others don't.

I'm syncing the 7 Day Horde Streamer Edition right now, and the progress indicator is moving during the Refreshing Mods for 7 days. It's a dummy progress meter though, just shows you that its doing something.

Yes, I'm looking over the API, and have updated it to a newer version, and checking to see if I can improve it. I'm not sure why some get throttled and others don't.

I'm syncing the 7 Day Horde Streamer Edition right now, and the progress indicator is moving during the Refreshing Mods for 7 days. It's a dummy progress meter though, just shows you that its doing something.

Actually, now i'm getting throttled... was downloading at 80Mbps now I'm capped at like 5-8Mbps.

I downloaded several versions of Ravenhearst with the launcher fine, then i decided to try Starvation as a test and it throttled me. If I had to guess, maybe it has to do with bandwidth with github within a certain time frame? I can see some people triggering it by downloading the same mod several times if they were having difficulty getting it to work.

EDIT: I see the progress bar now, not sure how I missed that.

EDIT3: No longer throttled....

Edited by The Lorax (see edit history)

Actually, now i'm getting throttled... was downloading at 80Mbps now I'm capped at like 5-8Mbps.

I downloaded several versions of Ravenhearst with the launcher fine, then i decided to try Starvation as a test and it throttled me. If I had to guess, maybe it has to do with bandwidth with github within a certain time frame? I can see some people triggering it by downloading the same mod several times if they were having difficulty getting it to work.

EDIT: I see the progress bar now, not sure how I missed that.

EDIT3: No longer throttled....

Maybe I need to put in more of a delay between attempts, although, ideally, you'd only need one attempt.

I have said right along I think this is a corrupt file issue or something was missing. Seems like github has and issue for whatever reason. If I were to give an alternate address from my website I wonder if that would help with download speed and consistency. I like the mod obviously since I keep on trying and eventually got single player working. Have not tried setting up another server yet but will. To the one regarding Pingperfect, upload all your files via ftp, ticket them and attach a zip with the .dll files and have them add them.

I have said right along I think this is a corrupt file issue or something was missing. Seems like github has and issue for whatever reason. If I were to give an alternate address from my website I wonder if that would help with download speed and consistency. I like the mod obviously since I keep on trying and eventually got single player working. Have not tried setting up another server yet but will. To the one regarding Pingperfect, upload all your files via ftp, ticket them and attach a zip with the .dll files and have them add them.

GitHub, and GitLab are important because they allow us to do incremental downloads. The Mirror link option in the launcher pulls from GitLab, instead of Github. It's not a straight download of a zip file.

GitHub, and GitLab are important because they allow us to do incremental downloads. The Mirror link option in the launcher pulls from GitLab, instead of Github. It's not a straight download of a zip file.

I assumed such and I also,understand the incremental updates. I’m not sure how the system handles that but even ftp only overwrites needed files if set correctly so I was wondering if that could be utilized. I guess I need to learn about Git and how it operates but just a thought.

I appreciate the support but unfortunately i can NOT advise or give permission to host the files somewhere on your own. If i release updates and people get older file from you they will surely come here and post bugs and blame the mod.

For this reason alone I advise to please NOT host files for anyone anywhere else. There are direct links in the main post of this thread for this very reason. Feel free to link them to those files if it helps them as they are being updated right along with the Launcher versions.

@The Lorax - thank you so much for taking the time with me today.

As someone else noted, including The Lorax, the speed on GitHub seems terribly throttled. I am on a 300Mbps down / 30 Mbps up and consistently get around 8Mbps down from GitHub.

I think this is playing into some file corruption that was causing my issue.

Again, thanks especially to The Lorax and to sphereii and Jax for creating such wonderful mods!

@JaxTeller718

Is it possible to change the backpack slot size?

Or is it possible to start with the vanilla slot size?

I really like that mod and we want to start a server game but nobody wants to play with a confusing 72 slot backpack.

Thanks for answer.

ps. I really like that "little big" bigger backpack size from the valmod mod.

Can somebody tell me please ;–)

Can somebody tell me please ;–)

You can go into the dll and edit it yourself, and also the associated windows.xml and loot.xml but that is a lot of work.

I personally am not going to be making backpack mods of other sizes. Way too much work. They each would need a new ui, then we need server versions and 21 day versions. You're easily looking at 4 more versions of the dlls at least. Perhaps someone will make them?

- - - Updated - - -

Version: 2.06

-Lowered Skill Point Multiplier on Some Perks which was causing outrageous Point Prices

-Removed some craftables from being sold to a Trader

-Lowered Turd Chances in Nests

-Rebalanced and Adjusted M25 Sniper Rifle Magazine Sizes

-Horde Night kicked up a notch. You should now see nights lasting longer and no more trickle after 1am

-Wandering Hordes bumped up slightly

-All Vegetation now takes 360 Minutes per stage so 720 Total to make gardening more realistic.

-Antibiotics will be more rare and harder to make

-Murloc Mode has been disabled for now until we find a better way (I know but really it IS an exploit)

-Radiation Poisoning can kill you if you go near a radiation source

-Traders have been reduced to a guaranteed one per biome to a CHANCE per biome (60 percent chance)

-Bandits health increased slightly so they match zombies now

-Feathers Slightly Increased in Nests

-Readded Ramen due to overwhelming demand

-Added 2 new POIs

-Updated Tanker Model

-Duplicate Ammunition Table Recipe Removed

-Changed Rifles Class starting weapon from Hunting Rifle to an SMG

-Proper Tools have been added back to the Food Prep Table

-Reduced Chances of getting Rotten Apple buff from eating an Apple

-Reduced chance of getting Bite Mark from zombies slightly.

-Added Silenced Pistol and Extended Pistol recipes

-Fixed Handguns Quest (May require a quest restart)

-Added Scrap Armor to the Tailors Station

-Adjusted Traders so they will sell items for slightly higher and buy items for slightly less.

-The quality of items (600) will see a bigger difference in price then lower quality (1) that are sold by traders

-Reduced Amount of Cloth Tents Give

I tried installing the mod through sphereii's launcher but for some reason vanilla 7 days to die opens when I hit the Play Mod button,,

Ive tried uninstalling and now reinstalled.. After hitting Play Mod there's a message at the bottom says 'Refreshing Mods for 7 Day Horde Edition".. it has been going for a few mins so far..

I have used his launcher a lot in the past and have War of the Walkers installed right now..

Should I wait for the Refreshing message to complete ? or try removing and reinstalling ?

Cheers

I uninstalled and reinstalled again.. it worked this time.. cheers.

Looking forward to this mod...

I tried installing the mod through sphereii's launcher but for some reason vanilla 7 days to die opens when I hit the Play Mod button,,

Ive tried uninstalling and now reinstalled.. After hitting Play Mod there's a message at the bottom says 'Refreshing Mods for 7 Day Horde Edition".. it has been going for a few mins so far..

I have used his launcher a lot in the past and have War of the Walkers installed right now..

Should I wait for the Refreshing message to complete ? or try removing and reinstalling ?

Cheers

Would anyone be willing to impart me with some wisdom in regards to the 'diamond nodes' in the Wasteland. I know in WOTW there were surface nodes in the wasteland. Is that a thing in Ravenhearst or are they exclusively underground? Just how rare are they underground? Are they like one block, or full blown nodes? I've been digging for 6 hours in the wasteland and have yet to find anything but shloads of copper/zinc lol.

Mez