Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Version: 2.07

-Removed Traps XP that could give players extra XP

-increased timer on destroyed loot container backpacks to 480 to allow more time to loot them.

-Added Polished Wood which is used to make Decorative Items and can be crafted out of wood

-Added sticks to more recipes

-Adjusted Probabilities for certain types of rare loot.

-You must now "punch" plants and crops to harvest them.

-Increased Skill Point Gain from levelling from 7 to 8

-Fixed Shock Club breaking at 0 Durability

-Lowered entity damage on regular hammer

-Removed duplicate stove recipes

-Added yucca to Cactus Recipe

-Added Textile fabric made out of cloth and is used for all Decorative items and extra clothing recipes.

-Added Heat Free Torch recipe requires 3 normal torches to make.

-Adjusted Lucille Recipe

-Skill Books like Medicine and Archery found in loot now give 2 points towards each skill

-Added special Loot to Bus

-Added Special Loot To mystery Machine

-Fixed soda scrapping into glass

-Fixed box of nails scrapping to plastic

-Decreased Percent Traders Sell Items For

-Added Gun Locker

-Added Wardrobe Closet

-Fixed models of Hamburger and Candy Bar

-Added Soda Can Model

-Adjusted price of 556 Ammo and 32mm Ammo

-Adjusted Damage Duplet and Homemade Pistol Do

-Added new vehicles in the world such as Bus, Semi, Cars, Vans, and Dump Truck along with appropriate loot (Hint: You WANT to find a Semi)

-Removed headshot only, but made zombies a bit more difficult. This was done to make the Night Terrors allow proper body damage (No more farming them on spikes)

-Night Terrors now do more Block Damage

-Night Terrors now move slightly faster.

-Night Terrors overall are more tough. Do NOT go out at Night or in the Wastelands or Burnt Biome unless you are PREPARED. That is my only warning to you! :)

-Added missing shock trap recipe

-Fixed Armor Quest showing wrong number of materials needed

-Slight wellness increases on certain foods and drinks

-Vegetable Juice Added. Great way to gain Wellness

-Plants must now be harvested by punching them, even in the world. This is part one of a new farming system coming in 3.0. There is a chance your harvest may go bad and return Rotting Harvests that can be used for Fertilizer. Keep in mind that punching the crops can result in ZERO harvest at times. The ONLY way to ensure a harvest is by using a farming tool.

-Using a Hoe, scythe or sickle now affords you the chance to get a seed back when you use them to harvest crops. Each hoe offers a different harvest bonus. Scrap is half, iron is full and steel gives a chance at more.

-Increased chances of finding Antibiotics in Medicine loot.

-Decreased amount of Compost needed to fill the Composter

-Increased timers on Rain Catcher, Composter and Chicken Coop

-Added empty jars to Rain Catcher loot

-Added Tarps can only be found and are required to make Composter and Rain Catcher. More recipes to come.

-Reduced Snowberries around the world except in the Snow Biome.

-Thanks to sphereii's new DLL edit whenever you craft an item it will AUTOMATICALLY favorite it. This makes using Favorites even easier and eliminates the process of forgetting or finding it again to favorite it. Using favorites is a GREAT way to cut down on Inventory and Workbench lag. If you wish you can still un-favorite any one time recipes.

-Removed Traps skill from Survival Class which will hopefully KILL the Traps bug once and for all.

-Bite Mark countdown timer slightly increased.

-Plants have decreased in grow time from 360 minutes a stage to 300 minutes a stage

-There is Sham in them thar hills!

-556HP and 32HP ammo recipes now Added

-Claw Hammer will no longer be OP on stone and dirt

ok where is the recipe for Sewing kit it doesnt show up via search? or must that be found ? spending 10 points on tailor then finding out the Sewing Kit is mia is kinda of irritating.

This might be just my wild guess, but do you happened to put the blade trap at bedrock? because that also the bug that i encountered in other mod as well, it seems it might be from vanilla. i suspect the bug only happened when we put the blade trap very deep down underground, near bedrock. the blade will not work / touch any zombies. but if you put the blade trap near surface, (0-10 m deep from surface ground), it will never have that bug and will always hit the zombies properly.

(i've tested this by making a pitfall trap next to each, one is 57m deep, other is only 7m blocks deep. the 57m deep blade trap always have that bug, while the 7m block deep one works properly).

Well isn't that a kick in the ballz. Thanks.

Also, I chose the rifles class to start with, it gave me the SMG (and recipe). I happened to find a hunting rifle, so imaging my surprise when the rifles quest progressed to assembling the hunting rifle that required I find the recipe for it first, after 21 days and pretty much crap luck at finding any real meaningful recipes (picture a library full of everything but books). so please fix rifle class description properly on page 1.

So here's to hoping 2.07 and a new start again will change my luck. This time going with something that might seem more reliable, either bows or spiked clubs, cuz firearms suck in early game.

Edited by Death2gnomes (see edit history)

Hi, Great mod. I was really enjoying it, but after a trip into a tower, the game hit 4FPS (Totally unplayable). Shame as it ran fine outside of the towers, apart from some ui lag.

Guess I`ll try again when we get some optimisation of the game.

Anyway, thanks for all your work, look forward to trying again in the future (Hopefully with a better PC!)

Farming is awful. No more crop progress display and hit box impossible, hoe damages the soil underneath. Frustrating and slow now. Plus we can no longer loot the traders crops as 'E' interaction now removed. Looking forward to a fix as farming is a main activity and so far its broken. Other than that loving the mod :smile-new:

I'm having some issues with wellness still. I have been eating bacon and eggs and turned on cheats so I could test why I am not gaining any wellness. Meat stew and bacon/eggs doesn't heal me nor does it give me any wellness back. I had 79/98 health and ate 5 bacon and eggs and nothing happened.The only way I gain health is by first aid kit and still no wellness gain. After eating 9 bacon and eggs and 1 meat stew total my wellness is still stuck at 98. This is gamebreaking for me and I have a really good game going except for this and unfortunately this is major. If I am doing something wrong I would appreciate any help someone could offer to help me get this figured out. Thank you in advance.

I cant craft sticks for some reason i checked the recipe file it has the regular stick recipe 1 wood = 3 sticks but i can't find it in my menu or under wood items either. this is from uprgrading to 2.7 on a new world

Quoting myself lol

Well i editied the starting quest to require no sticks but then i went to make stone arrowheads wont show up from searching or as a result for recipes from stones looked in the Recipe file and it is showing up so im kind of lost

ok where is the recipe for Sewing kit it doesnt show up via search? or must that be found ? spending 10 points on tailor then finding out the Sewing Kit is mia is kinda of irritating.

Loot only item.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having some issues with wellness still. I have been eating bacon and eggs and turned on cheats so I could test why I am not gaining any wellness. Meat stew and bacon/eggs doesn't heal me nor does it give me any wellness back. I had 79/98 health and ate 5 bacon and eggs and nothing happened.The only way I gain health is by first aid kit and still no wellness gain. After eating 9 bacon and eggs and 1 meat stew total my wellness is still stuck at 98. This is gamebreaking for me and I have a really good game going except for this and unfortunately this is major. If I am doing something wrong I would appreciate any help someone could offer to help me get this figured out. Thank you in advance.

By memory bacon and eggs gives no wellness boost (or very minimal), only the complex recipes give wellness and the amounts given are significantly less than vanilla.

check the food status, how many welness it gave? in this mod, the wellness gain is reduced significantly to gave more progress. so for example, by my memory, meat stew gave 0.4 wellness, means you need 3 meat stew to raise your wellness by 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, Great mod. I was really enjoying it, but after a trip into a tower, the game hit 4FPS (Totally unplayable). Shame as it ran fine outside of the towers, apart from some ui lag.

Guess I`ll try again when we get some optimisation of the game.

Anyway, thanks for all your work, look forward to trying again in the future (Hopefully with a better PC!)

hi, from what i know, the lag is caused by the zombie's texture, try to reduce your display setting of UMA texture to the lowest. usually it helps.

Version: 2.07

-Thanks to sphereii's new DLL edit whenever you craft an item it will AUTOMATICALLY favorite it. This makes using Favorites even easier and eliminates the process of forgetting or finding it again to favorite it. Using favorites is a GREAT way to cut down on Inventory and Workbench lag. If you wish you can still un-favorite any one time recipes.

Hopefully works as intended, only because having too many favorites ends up with the same lag after a while.

As a rule (for me anyway, even in vanilla) I favorite what I know I'll need, then I'll keep a category (Decorative for ex.) picked so that the window stays blank until I need something, then I just type in what I need and choose decor again to blank the list after I'm done.

Only time I ever get lag is if I'm working on a large number of things at once, or if I get surprised by a wandering horde while in my inv. that makes me forget to blank list before I exit it.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep it up guys. The mod is shaping up nicely.

I cant craft sticks for some reason i checked the recipe file it has the regular stick recipe 1 wood = 3 sticks but i can't find it in my menu or under wood items either. this is from uprgrading to 2.7 on a new world

You can scrap the wood into sticks

Hi all

Well, first thanks JaxTeller718 for that great mod, with awsome new content. Love it.

I edited the rwgmixer in order to add some prefabs (Compopack 29 and some others), so it may certainly be the cause of the glitch, however, could any one help me understand what may be causing this kind of glitches (example pic below) ?

the glitches are :

- Mod new vehicles spawning at weird places (like example below)

- Mod new vehicles spawning in at same place other objects are spawned too (can either be Mod new vehicles at same place as other new vehicles, or vanilla vehicles). Even saw school bus+bike+vanilla sedan sharing same space (with very only small parts of bike/sedan getting out of the school bus)

Many thanks for any clue

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23494[/ATTACH]

A new save or world is not required but of course you won't get the new pois and vehicles. Adding stuff like this would require a new world but since it is not something that impacts gameplay i don't state a wipe is necessary.

hey JaxTeller718, awesome mod you made there, but i have a question about trees,

right after i started i found good place to make a base and cut down on the first day like 10 trees and planted new ones, but now im almost at day 7 and they didnt grow any larger since i plant them, did you change somthing in the farming system?

All trees and crops have had their grow times increased. So it will take longer to farm those.

Not really. If you will learn one thing playing this mod is that it is leaning HEAVILY towards less crafting and more exploring. There are no craftable station tools except for the butcher knife and blacksmith hammer, and those were only added because they are vital to progressing. There will be similar changes coming in future patches that promote exploring.

Quoting myself lol

Well i editied the starting quest to require no sticks but then i went to make stone arrowheads wont show up from searching or as a result for recipes from stones looked in the Recipe file and it is showing up so im kind of lost

If you are going to mod the xmls Im afraid I can not offer any help in here. Sounds like editing out the recipe caused other recipes to not load somehow. You may want to post this in another thread. I can only offer assistance for issues stemming from my own edits.

Hopefully works as intended, only because having too many favorites ends up with the same lag after a while.

As a rule (for me anyway, even in vanilla) I favorite what I know I'll need, then I'll keep a category (Decorative for ex.) picked so that the window stays blank until I need something, then I just type in what I need and choose decor again to blank the list after I'm done.

Only time I ever get lag is if I'm working on a large number of things at once, or if I get surprised by a wandering horde while in my inv. that makes me forget to blank list before I exit it.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep it up guys. The mod is shaping up nicely.

This feature may be removed so more feedback is appreciated. I'm getting reports that unfavoriting items is taking up some time so more feedback is welcome.

Farming is awful. No more crop progress display and hit box impossible, hoe damages the soil underneath. Frustrating and slow now. Plus we can no longer loot the traders crops as 'E' interaction now removed. Looking forward to a fix as farming is a main activity and so far it's broken. Other than that loving the mod :smile-new:

Farming is a work in progress. There will be a small patch tonight to fix some small issues (no progression or rwg changes) but the idea will be revisited. The longer crop growing times however will remain. They have been lowered a bit from last patch though. But spamming E will be back tnight unfortunately. I would love farming to be more complex than mindless key spamming.

I started a fresh map from 2.05 and have updated to 2.06 then 2.07

I still get the new vehicles but you only find them in areas that you have not explored before. I also noticed a POI that i havent seen before but i dont really know what poi's were added in the last patch to think that this is a new one from the most recent patch.

Patch: 2.08 No Wipes Needed

-Reverted Farming back to its original state. There was an issue with fertilized farms that would make the hoe inefficient. The system will return in a future patch after it is balanced propefly.

-Added second stage to Tomato Plant so it falls in line with all plants

-Added lead and brass Junk Quest Items to zombie loot.

-Cooking Books are now scrappable for Knowledge Points

-Changed Samaras Loot to a normal Screamer

-Updated some of the Journal to reflect changes in our mod. More work needs to be done on it.

-Fixed stats on Lucille to make it stronger

-Lowered stats a bit on the starting guns

-Iron Crossbow loads faster than normal crossbow.

-Crossbow Repeater does more damage and its reload time has been reduced by one second

-Crossbow Repeater has less delay between shots now

-Iron Crossbow damage reduced slightly so it is not as powerful as a Repeater.

-Night Terrors have had their reach extended to hopefully deal damage to blocks

-Night Terrors health has been slightly increased.

-Extra Spawning Version has had its spawns turned up.

-More Food Balancing

Not really. If you will learn one thing playing this mod is that it is leaning HEAVILY towards less crafting and more exploring. There are no craftable station tools except for the butcher knife and blacksmith hammer, and those were only added because they are vital to progressing. There will be similar changes coming in future patches that promote exploring.

I like the concept. This is my first play thru so without much explanation of these things its irritating to figure this out AFTER you spent the points. My suggestion would be to lock buying the tailor table (and others) behind a quest that the only requirement is to find a Sewing Kit. So now, the quest to craft Hide clothing and armor will sit in the quest list longer and until much later in progression, IF it gets done at all, because the player, after day 10-14, is already at a point that he/she is wanting to find/buy iron or better. The only other way I can see that initial quest worth doing at all is if you remove the requirement for the Sewing Kit for the hide armor just to progress the quest to next stage.

That all may sound stupid to those veteran Ravenhearst players but atleast its more considerate to new players that dont know where to spend points especially with all the point locked new craft stations.

hi, from what i know, the lag is caused by the zombie's texture, try to reduce your display setting of UMA texture to the lowest. usually it helps.

Thanks for the response. I tried turning down the UMA textures, and it did give a slight boost too FPS (4-5), but later i tried turning off some of the options that could be turned off. It seems SHADOWS was the major hog. Turned them off and gained 15 FPS.

I am on day 63 and enjoying the mod thank you very much.

One issue is that I can't unlock the recipe for corn meal. Is it in the game? I have skill books to unlock farmer but it doesn't look like the recipe is inside farmer.