JaxTeller718

From the Wiki:

Scavenger (0): Easiest setting designed for noobs. - Easiest

Adventurer (1): Not just a new recruit any more. - Easy

Nomad (2): Designed for experienced FPS players. - Normal

Warrior (3): Now you're starting to impress. - Hard

Survivalist (4): Kids don't try this at home! - Harder

Insane (5): You're one brave Mother! - Hardest

Note: The serverconfig.xml file uses the numbers 0-5 (easiest to hardest) to determine difficulty. When viewing servers in the MP server browser, it uses the numbers 1-6 (easiest to hardest).

Well .. I play ALL my 7D2D games set at Survivalist to start with and I'm an Old Gamer of 72 ..... And normally leave it there for all play-thru .. So far I've only had to turn it down once since A15 and I think that was for Starvation mod ... but also I stopped playing it because it just didn't work that well for my game style.

Ravenhearst .. is a hard game at that setting .. but a lot of Fun and done well.

So .. Have Fun and Enjoy ......... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

On my 2nd playthrough and just beginning a larger base. Could use some ideas for organizing the crafting room/s if anyone cares to share their setup.

Basically trying to set stations up so it not only looks good, but the most frequently used ones are within reach without a lot of moving about.

Did have a "doh!" moment when I realized that we can place multiple bedrolls down to gain the 'Resting' buff in multiple locations, so plan to leverage that a bit.

Also I'm struggling to find books. Map only has a couple Poopy Pants close by. There is a Crack tower a couple towns over, but other than that not much. I know the double gabled new house poi w door in the middle & workstation in attic has 6 bookshelves in a small rm and a couple more in bedroom. Are there any other new pois with a decent number of bookshelves?

Well .. I play ALL my 7D2D games set at Survivalist to start with and I'm an Old Gamer of 72 ..... And normally leave it there for all play-thru .. So far I've only had to turn it down once since A15 and I think that was for Starvation mod ... but also I stopped playing it because it just didn't work that well for my game style.

Ravenhearst .. is a hard game at that setting .. but a lot of Fun and done well.

Wow, someone older than me, not by a lot, but enough that I smiled :-)

Hi,

This server is my friend server and we are currently 8 players on it. Welcome all to RavenHearst player

Difficulty level 6 :)

US 4 Horsemen RavenHearst Nightmare (Hard PVE)-Admin

IP: 172.96.164.194 Port: 24165

Untitled.thumb.jpg.c1ca048880d5f7bf069525c18960d4fb.jpg

Edited by OKO (see edit history)

Wow, someone older than me, not by a lot, but enough that I smiled :-)

Well, older than me by a bit but still gives me hope that I can still game in the future.

Hoping we bump into each other on a server gpcstargate when I turn 72...

Hello JaxTeller718, I love your mod, some approximate date for v3.0? sorry for my English

DATE? you want a DATE?

WTF have you people not learned ANYTHING from asking TFP for dates?!?!?!

JESUS!!!!!!!

Ok

Ravenhearst 3.0 is currently in its final weekend of testing. Major balancing is over, we are currently adding as many models as we can and tuning loot. So what does this mean?

Barring any show stoppers preview copies will be going out next week (the week of the 11th) for a handful of recorders and streamers. Those streamers will get the week to record and stream a preview of RH 3.0. Those streamers will be announced here shortly.

After the preview weekend, we will be taking a look at the additional feedback. We are currently expecting a release date of March 23rd. This is NOT set in 100 percent stone but looking VERY good. (This means it can be a few days late if anything horrific happens but ALSO if NOTHING is found it can be a few days EARLIER too :) )

Stay tuned throughout the next 2 weeks for patch notes, previews and guides to be released. A reminder to backup your copies of 2.2 now, because when 3.0 releases it WILL require a full wipe and 2.2 links will be replaced by 3.0 ones. You have been warned.

The HYPE TRAIN is now boarding ladies and gents! ALL ABOARD!!!

Edited by JaxTeller718 (see edit history)

Wait... You're joking about the streamers, right?

Nope. Kickz and Kage have been extremely supportive of us, going as far as helping people in our Discord. There's also a few smaller streamers who literally stream ONLY our mod, and they have been helping us with testing. And for me, I have very little to offer anyone, so I am using what little excitement there is for my mod to help some of those who have been devoted to our mod since it released.

All the recorders/streamers know that its basically a large scale bug test. We have been testing for weeks on a small private scale. And with SO many changes to balance we want a general consensus on how it feels to others. When you're on the inside testing you can miss simple things.

So basically doing what the Pimps did, but being 100 percent upfront about it.

Also anyone who came to our Discord could volunteer to test since January. We assembled our team of testers. My whitelist is playing it right now in full. THEY actually got first crack at it, which is how it should be. Because they have supported me for over two years.

So before you make that joke at my expense, just now that I rewarded all the people who have been with me since the beginning first and foremost BEFORE any streamer got it. i also opened testing to whoever bothered to head over to the Discord I have been linking here. So by no means are streamers getting it first.

VERY different situations.

Edited by JaxTeller718 (see edit history)

How did you get your face that pretty shade of red? :D

Nah, its not red.. I assumed he was ok with all that when those polls were made. Besides his biggest issue was that long time forum members were being brushed aside for the flavor of the month, something I completely agree with. My most devoted members, the server players who have been with us for 2 plus years are ALREADY playing it. So the proper people already have full access to it. Well before any streamers or recorders.

Actually, you had me at "being 100 percent upfront about it."

- - - Updated - - -

...that, and your reasoning actually makes sense. =)

I thought one of the forum unwritten rules was no reasoning actually making sense....this whole place is is going to hell in a handbasket.....damn new fangled reasoning making sense...what's next some #gate or other

JaxTeller718 This is a brilliant way to reward those whom have supported you and 'bothered' to turn up to the Discord chat. I saw it but still not sure how the Discord colour thing works or even if had to do that. Plus, my GF and I know that should we find any bugs later, we can let you know, as you say, sometimes being too close to it means you "miss the simple things" or more over, they appear not to be an issue to some.

Thank you for being up front and keeping all informed, We appreciate your and the other modders efforts and time.

i know my brain is mud, can't imagine what jax's wife is cleaning out from his brainpan on a daily basis.

just want to highlight this bit-

A reminder to backup your copies of 2.2 now,

because when 3.0 releases it WILL require a full wipe and 2.2 links will be replaced by 3.0 ones.

You have been warned.

Actually, you had me at "being 100 percent upfront about it."

- - - Updated - - -

...that, and your reasoning actually makes sense. =)

I learned a big lesson during that, from our talks and that whole situation in general. I never ever want to treat my loyal fans and players in that manner. There IS a way to use that type of situation to EVERYONE'S advantage and NOT piss off your loyal fan base. At least WE learned that lesson right?

Besides what have YOU guys ever done for me...amirite? (Hopefully people get that reference and dont take me seriously)

I learned a big lesson during that, from our talks and that whole situation in general. I never ever want to treat my loyal fans and players in that manner. There IS a way to use that type of situation to EVERYONE'S advantage and NOT piss off your loyal fan base. At least WE learned that lesson right?

Besides what have YOU guys ever done for me...amirite? (Hopefully people get that reference and dont take me seriously)

What 'ave the Romans ever done for us?

After a long break( about half a year) I've decided to start playing again, using the Ravenhearst Mod.

I must admit, I really like it! The skills, workstations, etc. are really great! Where on a small server with 4-5 poeple who play regularly and it's day 38 now.

Sadly, since about day 15, I don't have any progress. The reason? A missing Wrench. I'm running around, checking every sink in every appartment building or Motel I find, and also loot every car, visit every trader.

I must admit, that this is totally frustrating! On the whole Server, only on Wrench (Quality 4!) has been found by a player. I normally know how to get the items I need (1800+ hours, so not really a noob), but this is just a joke. Sorry for the harsh words, since everything else is really fantastic (ok, not the OP blue house with all the ammunition boxes and the book shelves).

After a long break( about half a year) I've decided to start playing again, using the Ravenhearst Mod.

I must admit, I really like it! The skills, workstations, etc. are really great! Where on a small server with 4-5 poeple who play regularly and it's day 38 now.

Sadly, since about day 15, I don't have any progress. The reason? A missing Wrench. I'm running around, checking every sink in every appartment building or Motel I find, and also loot every car, visit every trader.

I must admit, that this is totally frustrating! On the whole Server, only on Wrench (Quality 4!) has been found by a player. I normally know how to get the items I need (1800+ hours, so not really a noob), but this is just a joke. Sorry for the harsh words, since everything else is really fantastic (ok, not the OP blue house with all the ammunition boxes and the book shelves).

Forcing gameplay outside the box is exactly why we created Ravenhearst so no offense taken :)

Finding wrenches is slightly easier in 3.0 for sure. We lit that blue house on fire and watched it burn to the ground :)