Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Is there any way to lower the Town spawns in the RWG? I have tried many many seeds and on every one I end up with a medium to large town/city in every chunk on the Editor Preview. It would cut down lag immensely seeing as how the zombies spawn more frequently/closer to the player.

So far the lag is the only reason I haven't been playing as often because (yeah I'm running an i3 potato), but I'm also pushing 18GB ram with a GTX 750Ti 2GB RAM dedicated.

Other mods run decently well...but they're not Ravenhearst, and I don't enjoy them as much.

One thing I have found for those having ram issues:

My specs:

I7 8700k @ 4.8ghz

32GB G.Skill DDR3600

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 12GB

Running Software - Steam, 7 Days to Die (Ravenhearst), Mumble, Firefox, and 7 Days to Die Launcher

When running full textures in the Video Options - Right after I log into my dedicated server the game is using 12-13GB of RAM. This number steadily climbs over time due to a memory leak that is present even in vanilla (at the 2 hour point the game is at around 15-17GB). When my buddies and I played the other night I actually got up to 21GB of RAM used before we all logged out for the night.

When running half textures in the Video Options - Right after I log into my dedicated server the game is using around 8-9GB of RAM. This number also climbs over time due to the memory leak, though I never had it break 15GB.

The rate at which my memory is gobbled up seems to accelerate if I frequently travel across multiple regions (like when I take trips to multiple traders nearby).

I would assume quarter textures would further reduce memory usage.

This meant back when I was running only 16GB of RAM I could not run at full textures in Ravenhearst unless I wanted the RAM to start having to use the Disk Cache within 2-3 hours. Half textures eliminated most of the issues with performance drops due to disk caching.

Is there any way to lower the Town spawns in the RWG? I have tried many many seeds and on every one I end up with a medium to large town/city in every chunk on the Editor Preview. It would cut down lag immensely seeing as how the zombies spawn more frequently/closer to the player.

that's a lot of ram usage, way too much

the entire map isn't loaded in a game, only areas directly surrounding a player. maybe about a 175 block radius, give or take?

are your cities more frequent than this, out of curiosity?

938deb4bcb.jpg

those big squares are regions, i think there are 256 chunks in a region.

in your options panel, view distance (default 7, max 11)

controls how many "chunks" you see outward from your location

how many chunks and things in the chunks that are loaded at that time

you could try lowering that and see if it improves performance.

(for server owners, 20 people running max view distance will tax the server much more than everyone on 8.)

lowering the number of cities wouldn't make a difference

there ARE ways to control city spawn though, but i have no experience in the actual mixer, but i'm sure someone can help with that.

sorry not too helpful, but maybe some will learn things ^^

Sorry for the trouble. Looks like the mod didn't full install. Can you try again, and if it fails again, do the following:

Click on the View menu, then click on Log Files

In that screen, click on Upload Log File, and pass me the pastebincom link.

In the same screen, click on the little drop down box that says 7d2dlauncher.txt, and pick the output_log.txt.

Click on Upload Log file for that one too, and pass me the link.

Good afternoon!

help me solve the problem: I left the server and can not return

reinstall does not help, the friend under my account comes in and I can not either from the computer or from the laptop.

pop up red inscriptions and hangs at the stage of connecting to the server

the last thing written in the error: block with name cntworkingOven not found inblock id 311

How can this problem be solved?

that's a lot of ram usage, way too much

The RAM usage I quoted is with everything at the highest setting (except field of view and depth of field). The only thing I adjusted was Texture Size which resulted in those massive differences in RAM usage numbers.

Watching the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility in Monitor mode on one of my monitors I can see that RAM usage while I play.

I even checked starting the game in full texture size, playing until ram usage was excessively high, then reducing to half texture. This also resulted in an immediate drop of usage back down to around 9-10GB of ram but has the side effect of some zombies becoming invisible or having corrupted textures (a very old bug that also applied to vanilla).

The RAM usage I quoted is with everything at the highest setting (except field of view and depth of field). The only thing I adjusted was Texture Size which resulted in those massive differences in RAM usage numbers.

Watching the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility in Monitor mode on one of my monitors I can see that RAM usage while I play.

I even checked starting the game in full texture size, playing until ram usage was excessively high, then reducing to half texture. This also resulted in an immediate drop of usage back down to around 9-10GB of ram but has the side effect of some zombies becoming invisible or having corrupted textures (a very old bug that also applied to vanilla).

Yeah, I've done the same. I've watched my RAM crawl upwards as I played (single player). It's a lot worse with this mod than in Vanilla. And don't try running Chrome on the side.. I'm still salvaging the melted RAM.

I'm hoping 7D2D V17 has some performance fine tuning as well as the cool vehicles and such...

I am looking forward to V3 Ravenhearst though! My save file corrupted and I've delayed starting a new game because I"ve heard the new version is coming soon.

Please let us know which streamers are playing :)

i run full texture for world items, but lowest on uma texture quality and don't see the invisible/partial zombies.

a lot of people stop having that trouble when they turn down the uma quality, i'll have to start asking what their main texture quality is.

for makabriel also, the game itself doesn't reuse already loaded assets (or this is what i've been told), and instead loads in fresh whatever it needs, causing extreme ram usage. if i'm playing for more than a couple of hours i'll actually close and reopen the game so the computer can have its ram back. hope they really do address this soon also!

i run full texture for world items, but lowest on uma texture quality and don't see the invisible/partial zombies.

a lot of people stop having that trouble when they turn down the uma quality, i'll have to start asking what their main texture quality is.

for makabriel also, the game itself doesn't reuse already loaded assets (or this is what i've been told), and instead loads in fresh whatever it needs, causing extreme ram usage. if i'm playing for more than a couple of hours i'll actually close and reopen the game so the computer can have its ram back. hope they really do address this soon also!

With as powerful as my PC is, I keep UMA set to the highest setting.

Up until I expanded from 16GB to 32GB of RAM the only setting I had to bump down, in order to keep ram usage under control for more than an hour or so, was textures to half size. With it on half size I generally could go through the entire gaming night wihtout having to shut the game down to let the RAM usage reset.

Up until I expanded from 16GB to 32GB of RAM the only setting I had to bump down, in order to keep ram usage under control for more than an hour or so, was textures to half size. With it on half size I generally could go through the entire gaming night wihtout having to shut the game down to let the RAM usage reset.

Manually resizing the UMA textures to half size (they're 4096x4096 as default) also really, really helps with basically no degradation in visual quality.

UMA settings on high or low has zero impact on what you see in the world. There have been cases where having UMA set to anything other than lowest can cause high memory usage and also occasional flashing or disappearing zombie textures. The only reason we suggest to set them lowest is because in game you will see no difference but in performance you can see a pretty big difference.

All of our UMA textures are currently set to 1024 (at least they are in 3.0 I honestly forget if we did this in 2.2) and there have been some VERY nice gains in performance in 3.0, with some even saying everything loads a bit faster now. I specifically went back through all of my assets and lowered their texture sizes as well as removing unneeded pieces and animations from static objects so 3.0 should be a game changer for many who have been having issues.

UMA settings on high or low has zero impact on what you see in the world. There have been cases where having UMA set to anything other than lowest can cause high memory usage and also occasional flashing or disappearing zombie textures.

I just did a test with Textures to High and UMA set to Low. 15GB of memory in use when I connected to the server.

So far it looks like that main texture setting is the first thing someone should check if they are having issues with the performance on this mod.

UMA settings on high or low has zero impact on what you see in the world. There have been cases where having UMA set to anything other than lowest can cause high memory usage and also occasional flashing or disappearing zombie textures.

Ah hah! Good to know. I very recently built a new PC and now have some zombies disappearing (which makes for an interesting challenge). I'll change the setting and see if it helps.

Strange thing with Compo Pack 29 ??

Ive rented a new server, Blank install, Copied over all the files for Ravenhearst & then added the compo pack.... On entering the spawned world I noticed that all of the Dwalls stores are bugged with blocks not being correct, Metal blocks replaced with locked storage chests, MedicsKit has replaced all the dwalls Magazine racks which looks well wierd lol, Dwalls trader stores are all being spawned into the world with storage chests instead of metal blocks... I assume that due to the fact that Dwall has used WOTW files to make it so that I get... But the Me♥♥♥♥its being replaced instead of the Magazine racks... is there anything I can do to make them compatable ? Cars, lorries, trucks, Helicopters all being spawned into building & not accessable....

Thanks

Id like to run Ravenhearst + Compo pack if possible but seem to be having issues...

@Jaxteller

Id like to run Ravenhearst + Compo pack if possible but seem to be having issues...

@Jaxteller

Trying to combine Ravenhearst with any other mod is like mixing coffee with washing powder and complaining that it tastes bad :p

@Jaxteller

pretty sure like guppy said jax has changed some block id's... HOWEVER ravenhearst has a number of poi's handpicked from compo and from the forums in general and they show up fine. not sure if it would change vanilla blocks like that.

if you're flat out laying compo on top of rh, compo comes with its own rwg mixer, and not sure if anything else. so don't know if that would be the issue. if you replace rh's mixer, you're most likely going to lose things the world has to offer, especially in 3.0

are dwall's things even in compo? i thought they were specific to his mod, and are places you need to go in walkers?

Edited by sinda (see edit history)

Oh if jax cherry picked prefabs from compo then he likely didn't change block id's (just added them) which means the compatibility with compo would be there... Tallons issues are likely something else then, neat.

Probably another mod that DOES come with a blocks.xml... Compo is just prefabs and rwgmixer.xml, and of course you're absolutely right, overwriting rh's mixer would diminish the mod.

Oh if jax cherry picked prefabs from compo then he likely didn't change block id's (just added them) which means the compatibility with compo would be there... Tallons issues are likely something else then, neat.

Probably another mod that DOES come with a blocks.xml... Compo is just prefabs and rwgmixer.xml, and of course you're absolutely right, overwriting rh's mixer would diminish the mod.

cool been a while since i used compo fully myself, glad i didn't bungle that :D

and a definitive yes to the cherry picking, including some good seafoods!

Found a bug: Starting Questline, Quest 6 requires you to craft arrrow and bow, and one of the subitems is to craft 6 sticks......but sticks can only be crafted if you took the bowyer class at start, any other class cant progress past this subquest....... so no quest for the first trader, etc... that sucks - or it is a bug.

Well, after going through the XMLs i cannot find the recipe for sticks anywhere, not even for the bowyer class...strange. Then its a bug? Or did i miss something?

Edited by Shiana (see edit history)

Found a bug: Starting Questline, Quest 6 requires you to craft arrrow and bow, and one of the subitems is to craft 6 sticks......but sticks can only be crafted if you took the bowyer class at start, any other class cant progress past this subquest....... so no quest for the first trader, etc... that sucks - or it is a bug.

Well, after going through the XMLs i cannot find the recipe for sticks anywhere, not even for the bowyer class...strange. Then its a bug? Or did i miss something?

Scrap wood for sticks.

Edited by Space4Ace (see edit history)

Not a bug ... you have to scrap wood to make sticks, it's not a recipe.