Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Can you answer this for me for farming. What is with wheat? It is by far the most frustrating thing to plant or to harvest. I'll soon have my keyboard and mouse worn out trying to put down seeds and pick up crops. I don't know if you have any control over it but if you do could you have a look at it. Am tempted to see if server will replace all recipes that require anything to do with wheat with another plant such as corn.

+1 on this. Harvested my wheat yesterday and my goodness was that frustrating. Tried crouching while harvesting but that didn't help either. I didn't have any problems planting it though.

Hey guys,

i hosted this weekend my first modded (Ravenhearst.... what else^^ ) server. (gportal rent server) Now i hosted a game which is not different configured to my last vanilla server.

BUT here i found 2 things....

1. Game run´s very well without lags. BUT only inventary and recipients book lags :-/ Normaly? or a bug or server not enough perfomance? My PC ist a high end gamer PC ^^ 32 GB RAM with i7 and GTX 1080.

2. We play with 80 Zombies randomed and difficulty max. In vanilla game we have "some" zombies in our neighborhood. 2-3-4. In Ravenhearst i have all 20 Meters 5 Zombies :-/ Or comes in Raverhearst the split processing after few ingame days playing?

In vanilla was it ok but in Ravenhearst its a realy sporty challange on Day 1 to found a house or protect this..... Open the door and i see 4 Zombies.... next 20 meter next 5 zombies.... etc....

Now is Ravenhearst more difficulty then vanilla? and so it better the go one stage lower with difficulty? We are on evening 2-5 players.... Vanilla on max diffiulty was "boring" ^^

Thx for help :-) and answering my questions.

Wintics

questions to the mod

Hey guys,

i build this weekend a new rent server by gportal what ravenhearst ^^ What else. Know i see two "problems".

1. I think you know it. Inventary and recipients book is some laggy. But rest works fine. PC ist strong enough for that ^^ Where is my fail? :-/

2. We play at the moment on the old server from us vanilla with 80 zombies on max difficulty. Same option now in ravenhearst but all 10-20 meters we have 5-7 zombies :-( too much for Day 1-3 ^^ Will this horde split in few days? Or have we now in 300 meters permeter from our hq allways full 80 zombies? On vanilla server start we have not so many zombies in our neighborhood :-/

Thx for help and answers.

Wintics

I started playing this mod and liking it for the most part. I'm in day 50 now and started using the space needle for a base. I really like the amount and variety of the zombies and the RWG is refreshing. I got real exited when I saw the first electrical worker. I just got the Famas together which is the first non vanilla gun I put together. I cant wait together the others. I have never played a mod where the actual skins and sound effects are different. The combat axe is now my go to melee.

But I found myself getting stuck at certain points grinding to make the game progress. I had to change the probability of finding the wrench because I couldn't find one in in 30+ days. I was spending weeks just looking for that. Now I am at another stagnate point where I am trying to get a blacksmith hammer. I want to make some good mining tools and I can't find the crafting tools to use all the stations. I wish it were clear on what I had to do if I can craft them. It looks like the blacksmith hammer is only a loot item, can't be crafted? It seams like the probability for some of the necessity items needs to be readjusted so the game doesn't seam so grindy. Any other game mod I would have a minibike by now and have started on my defenses. I am not even close to getting a minibike and i have a wall of chairs with a few spikes in front of them so they don't bash the door down. I think because there is so much extra stuff in the game it pushes the much needed loot out of the probability.

ParaSyt, are you playing single player? I may be wrong but I think this is more a co-op game. You will take a very long time to get all the "main" classes to get everything you need although I am sure in time you could do it. Also I think this game (imo) is better when you play MP....again my opinion, not fact.

I started playing this mod and liking it for the most part. I'm in day 50 now and started using the space needle for a base. I really like the amount and variety of the zombies and the RWG is refreshing. I got real exited when I saw the first electrical worker. I just got the Famas together which is the first non vanilla gun I put together. I cant wait together the others. I have never played a mod where the actual skins and sound effects are different. The combat axe is now my go to melee.

But I found myself getting stuck at certain points grinding to make the game progress. I had to change the probability of finding the wrench because I couldn't find one in in 30+ days. I was spending weeks just looking for that. Now I am at another stagnate point where I am trying to get a blacksmith hammer. I want to make some good mining tools and I can't find the crafting tools to use all the stations. I wish it were clear on what I had to do if I can craft them. It looks like the blacksmith hammer is only a loot item, can't be crafted? It seams like the probability for some of the necessity items needs to be readjusted so the game doesn't seam so grindy. Any other game mod I would have a minibike by now and have started on my defenses. I am not even close to getting a minibike and i have a wall of chairs with a few spikes in front of them so they don't bash the door down. I think because there is so much extra stuff in the game it pushes the much needed loot out of the probability.

found 4 wrenches in 6 weeks, so it is possible. the black smith hammer can be crafted in the advanced forge. you get the recipe, for that and the anvil if u buy the advanced forge perk.

as a hint. just typ the name of the item you are looking for, anythere in the stations or your inventory. if there is a recipe you will find it. if not, the item is just lootable.

as far as i remember correctly. you have to find the frying pan, the tendizer, the wrench (yes its craftable, but we all know you need it before you can craft it), the sewing kit, the wielding torch, the tool kit, and last but not least the all loved calliper.

frying pan and tendizer = nice to have but not elemantal

wrench = don't need to talk about

sewing kit and welding torch = a pain in the ... , but you can find or buy armor

tool kit = not really nessacary, just usefull for a big badabumm

calliper = very usefull and hard to find sometimes, but more lategame relevant

ParaSyt, are you playing single player? I may be wrong but I think this is more a co-op game. You will take a very long time to get all the "main" classes to get everything you need although I am sure in time you could do it. Also I think this game (imo) is better when you play MP....again my opinion, not fact.

Maybe....yes I am. I have played co-op but this just seems to take longer than usual to get anywhere. Maybe I'm just having bad luck on this run.

Can you answer this for me for farming. What is with wheat? It is by far the most frustrating thing to plant or to harvest. I'll soon have my keyboard and mouse worn out trying to put down seeds and pick up crops. I don't know if you have any control over it but if you do could you have a look at it. Am tempted to see if server will replace all recipes that require anything to do with wheat with another plant such as corn.

We made a lot of changes to farming including models and hitboxes. Is it the hitbox you are seeing issues with?

- - - Updated - - -

You hit the nail on the head. Complete total loot rebalance, especially in removing items that aren't really "necessary" should have you possibly finding things slightly quicker in 3.0. Hang on and keep with me, we are almost there. 3.0 is almost like a brand new mod. I think everyone will be happy with the attention to details in loot distribution, progression, descriptions and quests.

We made a lot of changes to farming including models and hitboxes. Is it the hitbox you are seeing issues with?

That is what I was thinking it was. Right now I sort of have to keep moving the cursor around the plant to get the option to harvest it. Some of the others have a problem but no where near as bad as the wheat. When I say problem I mean in comparison to corn, which is the easiest to plant and harvest, but they are not bad enough to really be a problem.

found 4 wrenches in 6 weeks, so it is possible. the black smith hammer can be crafted in the advanced forge. you get the recipe, for that and the anvil if u buy the advanced forge perk.

as a hint. just typ the name of the item you are looking for, anythere in the stations or your inventory. if there is a recipe you will find it. if not, the item is just lootable.

as far as i remember correctly. you have to find the frying pan, the tendizer, the wrench (yes its craftable, but we all know you need it before you can craft it), the sewing kit, the wielding torch, the tool kit, and last but not least the all loved calliper.

frying pan and tendizer = nice to have but not elemantal

wrench = don't need to talk about

sewing kit and welding torch = a pain in the ... , but you can find or buy armor

tool kit = not really nessacary, just usefull for a big badabumm

calliper = very usefull and hard to find sometimes, but more lategame relevant

I can find calipers no problem. I use the search all the time and didn't see where it could be crafted from. I have an advanced forge and must have missed it in there. Some of the items have where it can be crafted in parenthesis, the blacksmith hammer does not.

You hit the nail on the head. Complete total loot rebalance, especially in removing items that aren't really "necessary" should have you possibly finding things slightly quicker in 3.0. Hang on and keep with me, we are almost there. 3.0 is almost like a brand new mod. I think everyone will be happy with the attention to details in loot distribution, progression, descriptions and quests.

Awesome! Then I can't wait for 3.0. I do like the fact that I am not getting a over surplus of pistols. That seems to be reasonable now.

JaxTeller718 See how recipes are implemented in the mod menu <<Darkness Falls>>. There are no delays in the inventory menu. Maybe you use this method? Wandering NPC back?

We have implemented a few fixes that appears to have all but alleviated the bad lagging. There's still some lag but it is MUCH better than what you guys are playing with now.

We do indeed have some bandits roaming the wastelands in our current build :)

I made a blacksmith hammer in the advanced forge but I was certain I looked in there to see if I could at first. Then I looked up a few other things in other stations and a couple of times the item that was suppose to be craftable there did not show up as it was. When I closed the menu and went back it was there ready. Anyone else have this issue?

well, alrighty then, lol. wouldn't have thought to change out of the nailgun.. thanks for the clarification Jax. ^5

Couple things I ran into last night I had questions about: the sewer grate, early on (like day 1 or 2) i was able to "loot" it though it took a while to find the sweet spot. Last night, i got near one and tried to do the same and couldn't. Actually, now that i'm typing this wondering if i need to break the sewer and theres a box underneath. Secondly, when I made the military generator, i tried to use the wire tool to connect it to a relay and it wouldn't connect, no wire was produced. I then made the police generator, same thing happened. Tested further to see if my placement was wrong by placing a regular generator. The regular generator was able to work.

Edited by Syrex (see edit history)

well, alrighty then, lol. wouldn't have thought to change out of the nailgun.. thanks for the clarification Jax. ^5

Couple things I ran into last night I had questions about: the sewer grate, early on (like day 1 or 2) i was able to "loot" it though it took a while to find the sweet spot. Last night, i got near one and tried to do the same and couldn't. Actually, now that i'm typing this wondering if i need to break the sewer and theres a box underneath. Secondly, when I made the military generator, i tried to use the wire tool to connect it to a relay and it wouldn't connect, no wire was produced. I then made the police generator, same thing happened. Tested further to see if my placement was wrong by placing a regular generator. The regular generator was able to work.

hi, you need to apply the wiring on the "open hatches" of these generators for it to take properly.

i don't think the sewers are interactive (kind of like the road decals), so you can't destroy them themselves. block under you can break to collapse it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to the new version coming out and getting it on our server. I assume you have also fixed the errors we get when loading into the game?

like sphere said, definitely doesn't sound like the mod launched on a clean copy of the game. delete your steam copy of 7d2d, reinstall and keep it clean! a lot of mods can bug out being in the steam folder, best to keep them separate.

Well hello!

Me and a couple of friends started playing this mod a week ago and we're liking it a lot, rough start but we're getting there!

We just can't figure a couple things out, where can we find nitrate, copper and zinc? We're on the Navezgane map.

Thanks for this mod and can't wait to see the 3.0 release :)

Good day JaxTeller718

I was wondering are you waiting on A17 to drop before you release v 3.0 .. to do as a all-n-one .. OR .. Just still getting it together which is just fine.

Just biting my lip here .. LOL .. really looking forward to it .. Have a Great Weekend and Enjoy, from the old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

@gpcstargate: They won't be waiting for A17 to release 3.0, once the vanilla update is out i'm assuming it will take all the mods a while to update to whatever changes have been made.

@mungu: best way to find zinc and copper is to dig underground in the wasteland biomes, i generally go to about -30m and dig under clay surface spots. You can also find zinc and copper on the surface sometimes next to cave entrances. Nitrates more common, you can get a little bit of it breaking the boulders you see on the surface, finding it looting in garbage etc. or finding deposits on the surface. I think it was snow biomes, memories a little fuzzy on that one :p