Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Towels

Hey Everyone.

Awesome Mod,

I have been playing it since the beginning. I love the level of detail and steps in the crafting. So with that being said I am getting in XML editing and such. I was playing around with the towels and the messy buff. I took the wet towel icon and put some dirt spots on it and made a new item called dirty towel. Made the wet towel after, it is used automatically craft a dirty towel and then made it so you can take the dirty towel to a water source and turn into a regular towel. "washing" it in a sense so you dont have to continually make new towels.

dirtyTowel.png.b56518feeb9aaf10ab7a9a56832c030c.png

Really enjoy the mod, especially the added complexity. Thanks to all for sharing their hard work!

Few comments from playing SP 7-day Horde version to 140 hrs, day 64, lvl 93;

Note: I totally get that this was dev'd for MP, and I can see how the spawn rate/lvls/etc make sense to promote and reward a coordinated Team game, so please, the following isn't intended as "negative", simply one single players experiance.

(!!) Really glad to hear that you've added more info, that has been by far the most challenging part; simply trying to understand how that goes over where need owww me brain!!! :bi_polo:

In SP the Construction skill lvl gates feel a bit high. (Edit: should add I spent 35+ points, which I've never done, to hit 100)

I don't use Auger or Chainsaw (can't stand their noise), so might be missing that they fill the gap, but Steel Tools lvl gates... ouch. That's a real killer in SP.

Weapon Parts skill. Wish it came a bit sooner. I've managed to amass 1500+ Weapon parts/bits by scrapping almost every gun & part I've looted & finally crafted an extended mag at lvl 90 (350 Q). Just couldn't hold out for lvl 100.

Btw, the yield difference between making Solder in the Refinery vs. the Chem Station is well, maybe a bit mean?

After the day 21 horde almost overran me I turned down spawn freq to 3-4 days; I just couldn't get enough done with the seemingly constant interuptions.

Convoluted bit: at 140 hours I'm pretty much 'finished'. But only lvl 93. I'd _like_ to make better Steel tools and 500Q weapons, but I've got a very solid base, done four Classes (1st=Bows, 2nd=Blades, Rifles, Ultimate Survivor) have enough for three more Classes. Plenty of food, 160K Dukes, decent store of raw mats etc. Nothing pressing left to do/get. So I guess I'm wondering; how long should a single player playthrough be? Certainly there's no 'right' answer to that, heh. My vanilla playthroughs are likely only half the hours? so I think it's a big win to stretch a playthrough by so much, and I've really enjoyed it! Yet at the same time I'm feeling a bit disgruntled that I haven' maxed steel tools/weapon parts. But the thought of another 100+ hours to get to lvl 180 isn't at all appealing...

Warned you it was convoluted! :smile-new:

Guess what I'm trying to convey (and again I totally see how this a SP thing and not the orginal design) is that the 'end' is a bit of a let down in SP. I think it would feel more satisfying to be able to cross all the T's and dot the i's when you reach that really solid "got 'er done!" point. Sure you can stick around for another horde night, or try out another base build, but it's all optional, you're no longer stressing over anything.

To be clear; I -really- enjoyed the playthrough & all the extra content!

Musing on Blade vs. Blunt: friggin -love- the katana, it's reach and bone yield on gore blocks make it almost OP'd. Do wish the Combat Axe had a similar bone yield. But as is, the katana is hands down the best for SP horde night since you can actually effectively kill & harvest with same weapon.

Looted a 600Q Spiked Club and lvl'd to 67 in Blunt, bought all perks, but almost never get a one-shot kill with club. Katana & Combat Axe easily 4 out of 5 head shots are one-shots. Don't have a Lucille so maybe spec'ing Blunt Class would be competitive w Blades w Lucille, kill wise, but I'm _guessing_ that no blunt will ever have the harvest bonus that blades get so thinking Blunt will always be second best to Blades?

Anyway, enough already right? Thanks again and looking forward to 3.0!

Edit-2: thinking that buying the skill/perk that allows you to make nailgun parts could also grant you the ability to assemble one? Another SP thing since I never did find a nailgun book.

Edited by FileMachete (see edit history)

very happy all are enjoying it. love the towel idea, knightstalker710, creative!

wanted to say, while jax initially developed the mod with us FOR his mp server, it's not necessarily aimed at GROUP play.

on the server, most play solo, some with trading. we have some couples, and a few "groups" that come and go, but it's built for all.

the main thing pointed at server play was the 21 day hordes that sphere made for us, because on an active server you could wind up with 3-4 hordes a day, which got really taxing after a while. with 21 day hordes, at 90 minute days, 24/7 activity, was only popping 1 horde roughly in a 24 hour period.

the other thing was gamestage progression, which wound up being too slow for single player, and also a tad slow for mp progression as well.

gamestage and 7th day hordes received a lot of attention in 3.0, and at 2k+ gs, hordes might be a bit terrifying now.

filemachete, i'm sure jax will love pouring through your feedback. see you in the next version ^_^

Edited by sinda (see edit history)

one thing i was confused on is with the auger it was using the electric tools perk but that perk doesnt have a harvest bonus like mining tools does. Oops or intended? If intended, can you explain why please. I understand the auger is sorta faster (though it didnt feel like it even the diamond auger).

@sinda interesting, didn't know that, thanks for clarifying.

@Knightstalker710 , heck of an idea to be able to wash & reuse towels, +1

Been mulling over a general tweak so I'll throw it out here;

Use a new item, "Steel Scrap" to Repair Steel Spikes (possibly all Steel blocks?). And this 'scrap' would -not- Upgrade a block.

Idea is that early on, when you've first unlocked Steel & begin to upgrade your defenses, there's usually a noticable period where you're carefully managing what you can afford to upgrade, and then during a horde you have to have Steel Ingots on you, but you're having to carefully -avoid- accidentally upgrading numerous blocks.

And there's also the bit that in vanilla an Ingot repairs 1000 HPs (2000 in Ravenhearst, yay!) so if you're really scraping by you need to avoid repairing until a spike has lost at least 500-700 HPs.

So if it were possible to use "Steel Scrap" instead of Steel Ingots to Repair, and one Steel Scrap piece was worth 250 repair HPs, then we could hammer away repairing during a horde and not wind up 'wasting' a ton of Steel Ingots.

Anyway, just a thought since I jump through the hoop of only packing 9ea Ingots on me during that lean time, but that's a bit of a 'silly buggers' thing that's simply a work around to an unrefined mechanic.

(By that I mean, to me, it would make much more sense to be able to switch 'Upgrade' Off, or have a 'Repair Only' tool. But there's also the frustration of burning a 1000 HP Ingot to repair a couple hundred damage.)

i personally love this mod and play it myself but friends play reg 7daystodi and downloaded mod launcher to try out the mod then want to jump back and forth between servers, vanilla then ravenhearst. They having problems once they try the mod then go back to vanilla and get errors. Sadly they took launcher out and now stay on vanilla server. Finding people to play on server is tough. Few want to have 2 full 7daystodie games installed on their pc

and then there's all the people with upwards of 5 separate installs, crazycakes!

I agree here. The installs are only between 3-6gigs or so depending on the mod you are using. I have Valmod,Ravenhearst,Starvation,vanilla,Undead Legacy and War of the Walkers myself and love playing them all.

When the size get's to be like some of the big AAA titles then it will start to suck haha. Hell ARK: Survival Evolved is like 120gigs installed with the DLC and crap and this game is way way better. I should be good for another 50 installs of 7DTD since I uninstalled ARK :)

Start with fresh base game install of 7DTD. Make a copy of it and call it Ravenhearst whatever mod your gonna use and make a new shortcut for it on your desktop using the 7DaysToDie_EAC.exe or the 7DaysToDie.exe version depending on what the mod calls for and always leave the vanilla folder alone as your base install for new mods.

To me this is easier then having to deal with the mod launcher and worrying about any kind of errors with overwriting mods.

so what is the point of the launcher then? Sounds like everyone here doesnt trust it and installs sep copy's of 7daystodie for each mod.

The Mod Launcher allows you to easily install and play multiple mods with little fuss. It's never been a gate-keeper; A requirement for being in the mod launcher is that it's still available for manual installs should someone wish to do so.

The Mod Launcher has over 80,000 users now, so there's a few people who have faith in it :) The reason it broke yesterday was due to a change in GitHub. I've pushed a fix to hopefully fix it.

so what is the point of the launcher then? Sounds like everyone here doesnt trust it and installs sep copy's of 7daystodie for each mod.

Well ... I Will say it has ALWAYS worked for me and I run 3-5 different games at a time (loaded) and it 98% keeps all games updated.

But remember .. it only works if the modders using it keep their Info up to date as well and GitHub links.

At the moment I'm play 4 different games a day (several hours on each) and sure glad I don't have to update each one as the modder updates his game.

Have Fun and Enjoy ... The Old Gamer ....:02.47-tranquillity: