Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

from the quest text of "basic survival 6"

"Now that you have a melee weapon, you could use a ranged weapon. Gather wood, stone, plant fibers and feathers found in bird nests on the ground. Scrap wood into Sticks and use stones to craft Stone Arrow Heads. Once you have the ingredients, access the Basics category of the Crafting window. Craft a Wooden Bow and Arrows."

Can't craft welding torch? Just from loots ?

Day 175 and havn't found calipers or sewing kit....... (saw sewing kit at trader at day 5, but couldn't afford it)

Where do i find those ???

Should be able to craft welding torch .. if you have the right bench and items OR buy from trader and maybe find in loot.

ALL LOOT IS POT LUCK AND RANDOM ... OR BUY AT A TRADER. ............. AND If that isn't good enough .. then go into the CM and get it / then trash it when you do find one.

I feel your pain trying to locate 'tools' for crafting. Main focus for about 10 in-game days was to find a pair of Calipers. Kept expanding search until I discovered 8 traders. Then took 2-4 restocks before I finally found one caliper.

There needs to be a better way. RnJ(erk) just sucks sometimes.

Maybe a Quest where after you took out 100 construction guys the reward is one caliper. Or something. anything. please....

another idea: what if you could make calipers like a gun? four parts, so it's -really- expensive, and it would already be gated by Weapons bench.

We are happy to announce that Ravenhearst 3.0 WILL be released on **Monday, March 26th**!!!

This week streamers will receive a preview copy to stream for you guys. Those names will be listed here in the next day or so. This preview copy will be complete, minus a few new models and assets we are going to be adding as a surprise.

Our whitelisted server will be getting 3.0 this Friday , March 23rd.

This is a reminder to anyone who doesn't want to lose a 2.2 world to backup your saves and download a copy of 2.2 because they WILL be replaced with 3.0 links. You WILL need to wipe any 2.2 saves to play 3.0 properly.

The end of the road is finally upon us! All aboard the Hype Train!!!!

Awesome news Jax!!

Will you be adding links/dates/times here for the folks streaming?

---

Just a thought on the single player 'friendly' bit. No idea how it would work but one thing I've noticed is that the Classes seem balanced as if they are each the first Class taken (note I haven't tried farmer/medic). So if you started w Bows the progression through the various weapons works well. But if say you took Blades as your 4th Class then you're trying to kill higher lvl z's w a bone shiv. Not impossible but also not too immersive since by then you've certainly looted/bought numerous better Blades.

I like the Classes, in general. And certainly appreciate the Class Quests w rewards mechanic.

One thought; if Classes were split into 'Beginner' & 'Advanced'. Not so much 50-50 but more 30-70. So a Basic Farming Class could plant/farm a few things, maybe Yukka, Blueberries, Aloe & Mushrooms?

Thinking how to tie it in to a Basic Medic Class so you couldn't make Antibiotics, but could supply Herbal Antibiotics & not the big First Aid but the aloe bandages...

Don't think that would impact Team play too much but it could help in SP where the player really needs to be more of a Jack/Jill of all trades.

Triple Yatzee: allow players to buy Advanced without buying Basic. Guessing that'd be difficult to balance/gate for Farming/? but maybe possible for something like Blades. So if you wanted to skip the early Quests/Rewards, your choice.

That came to mind since I still haven't taken the Blunt Class and am dreading the thought of using a Wooden Club now that I've hit lvl 90 :crushed::smile-new:

Awesome news Jax!!

Will you be adding links/dates/times here for the folks streaming?

---

Just a thought on the single player 'friendly' bit. No idea how it would work but one thing I've noticed is that the Classes seem balanced as if they are each the first Class taken (note I haven't tried farmer/medic). So if you started w Bows the progression through the various weapons works well. But if say you took Blades as your 4th Class then you're trying to kill higher lvl z's w a bone shiv. Not impossible but also not too immersive since by then you've certainly looted/bought numerous better Blades.

I like the Classes, in general. And certainly appreciate the Class Quests w rewards mechanic.

One thought; if Classes were split into 'Beginner' & 'Advanced'. Not so much 50-50 but more 30-70. So a Basic Farming Class could plant/farm a few things, maybe Yukka, Blueberries, Aloe & Mushrooms?

Thinking how to tie it in to a Basic Medic Class so you couldn't make Antibiotics, but could supply Herbal Antibiotics & not the big First Aid but the aloe bandages...

Don't think that would impact Team play too much but it could help in SP where the player really needs to be more of a Jack/Jill of all trades.

Triple Yatzee: allow players to buy Advanced without buying Basic. Guessing that'd be difficult to balance/gate for Farming/? but maybe possible for something like Blades. So if you wanted to skip the early Quests/Rewards, your choice.

That came to mind since I still haven't taken the Blunt Class and am dreading the thought of using a Wooden Club now that I've hit lvl 90 :crushed::smile-new:

I think you will really like what we have done to classes. Each one has a good quality weapon, and some like Medics get a special one like a Scalpel.

Not sure what the SP comments are about either, clarify maybe? The entire journey has been rebalanced, with emphasis on making the beginning tough and continuing that trek but also allowing you to feel rewarded as you level and gain skills. You FEEL your power now as you advance in weapons in your class.

Theres also a bit more to getting multiple classes but we offset that by including a quest that when completed allows you to choose a second class. It will not be easy, but it is an alternative to scrambling to find a bunch of KP.

Sounds great Jax :smile-new:, looking forward to it! (and thanks for the reply!)

On the Single Player comment; Sinda (I think) corrected me a while ago about my assumption that Ravenhearst was mainly built for Team play.

Guess the Classes led me to think about a team and individual specialization. Still seems like a great framework for coop play. My comment on SP was mainly related to semi roleplaying and how you'd likely have to get, "just good enough" in a number of areas to survive, with actual competence being a later goal.

So you've no idea about fertilizer, so poor yields, but you can grow a bit of food. You haven't had time to learn about IV antibiotics, so if an infection gets too bad you'll die, but you have learned first aid. That kind of thing.

So in 2.2 my thought was how could it work so a solo player could get 'just good enough' and later on continue learning various things to actually get competent at them. While not disrupting team play.

And just to be clear; I've really enjoyed the extra challenge of Ravenhearst. So not advocting for things to be 'easier', not at all! Just tossing some thoughts out in case they might be useful.

We are happy to announce that Ravenhearst 3.0 WILL be released on **Monday, March 26th**!!!

This week streamers will receive a preview copy to stream for you guys. Those names will be listed here in the next day or so. This preview copy will be complete, minus a few new models and assets we are going to be adding as a surprise.

Our whitelisted server will be getting 3.0 this Friday , March 23rd.

This is a reminder to anyone who doesn't want to lose a 2.2 world to backup your saves and download a copy of 2.2 because they WILL be replaced with 3.0 links. You WILL need to wipe any 2.2 saves to play 3.0 properly.

The end of the road is finally upon us! All aboard the Hype Train!!!!

Sorry Jax....someone has to do it...

Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?............

Now we just need someone to post the Simpson vid of the kids saying it over and over and we have it out of the way...

You're welcome... :D

Sounds great Jax :smile-new:, looking forward to it! (and thanks for the reply!)

On the Single Player comment; Sinda (I think) corrected me a while ago about my assumption that Ravenhearst was mainly built for Team play.

Ravenhearst has always been set-up for all Types of players .. I play as SP in all 5 of my 7D2D and No issues with them.

But Ravenhearst is just ... more demanding of a player and having to be on your toes.

Thank You Jax for a great game .. the Old Gamer and can't wait .... :02.47-tranquillity:

I can't start the singleplayer version of 7 days horde neither 21 using the game launcher or without it copying the files its always getting stuck at loading main menu, can anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance!

The game is a long load and you might just think it is stuck .. Using the Launcher .. Pre-Sync it first after it is done .. hit play mod and walk away from for a bit .. it can take 2-3 minute's to get to 7d2d screen and another couple minutes after that point to get into game ...

But You might want WAIT UNTIL March 26th for 3.0 to come out ... because it will require a wipe for new.