A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

All:. We are actively working on a new UI that uses custom C# code to enable new features. We are not spending time changing or supporting any changes to the existing temporary UI. People who continue to ask for us to change this policy or support their efforts to change the UI are only causing us to back away from working on this model any longer. The current discussion has already slowed work on the mod, as some of the team are becoming annoyed at some of the forum posts. This happened before, and resulted in the team withdraw ing from development for months to take a stress break. It getting close again. Please don't continue to use the official Starvation forums to ask for something the team already said we are not ready to support. Thank you for your understanding.

After speaking with The great Morte I understand your reasons. However I think the likes of kingrizla is just asking sirrillion if he be happy to share his or assist as he did with games4. He wasn't asking if you would add this to your mod

After speaking with The great Morte I understand your reasons. However I think the likes of kingrizla is just asking sirrillion if he be happy to share his or assist as he did with games4. He wasn't asking if you would add this to your mod

In my case that is absolutely correct, i do not ask the developers of this great modpack to change anything, all i would like to know is how to get it to work so i can do it on my own personal single player game :) i have played starvation without the bigger backpack mod and i love it, it is just because of the playstyle i have (im a huge hoarder) so i would like to be able to carry just a bit more on my runs.

also stallionsden, i just double checked it again and i do need to fix one more thing, after getting the 60 slots i have issues with forge, so i gotto go throu that rezize step now, but i will do it after i get this error i have now fixed :)

Edited by KingRizla (see edit history)

if you wanted an bigger inventory you should have done your research in the mod and realised you have an freaking DONKEY you can bring with you that can hold an ♥♥♥♥load of stuff you loot.

concerning the donkey though mort, do you need to feed it? and how to do that. i cant seem to find any information on the subject

if you wanted an bigger inventory you should have done your research in the mod and realised you have an freaking DONKEY you can bring with you that can hold an ♥♥♥♥load of stuff you loot.

concerning the donkey though mort, do you need to feed it? and how to do that. i cant seem to find any information on the subject

i do know about the donkey, and how u can get it from the fisherman quest, but i have no wish to have a donkey following me around.

and it also clearly states in the terms of use:

* you can copy the material in any medium or format for your personal use.

* If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material, without asking for our permission first. This includes c# code, xml configurations and all included models and icons.

* If permission is given, you must give appropriate credit, provide a link to this license, and indicate what changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

that i can modify my own game to whatever extend i would wish, my problem is that i personally am not that good with these types of things, and that is why i am asking for assistance with the issues i have.

and seeing how Sirillion was allowed to edit games4kickz files i am simply asking if he would be so kind to give me some hints on ow to do so myself, i am not asking him to do any editing for me nor do i intend to do so, how is that gonna learn me how to do it in the future.

i have also asked permission from morte to change my SP game in a PM even thou it states in the terms of use that i actually only need to ask permission if i intend to give out my edited assets to others.

Hi there,

Can't get this mod to run. I've updated Mod Launcer, and using 16.4. I am trying to login to a server but it generates a lot of errors and hangs the client.

This is the output log:

https://pastebin.com/gxNJLsUA

The launcher log:

https://pastebin.com/vRpsbXhx

Any help is most appreciated. Thanks

im not really qualified to say anything, but if u run the game throu the launcher and u are sure that ur starvation mod is up to date (simply recheck the mods or do a hard reset by deleting the mod and installing again) and u are still getting errors when trying to get on the server, then maybe the server is not yet updated and therefor creates some issues when u try to load into it? like i said im not qualified to really say if thats the case, but thats my best guess

im not really qualified to say anything, but if u run the game throu the launcher and u are sure that ur starvation mod is up to date (simply recheck the mods or do a hard reset by deleting the mod and installing again) and u are still getting errors when trying to get on the server, then maybe the server is not yet updated and therefor creates some issues when u try to load into it? like i said im not qualified to really say if thats the case, but thats my best guess

Thanks for the reply. I've tried that, I even tried installing the mod by hand rather than using the mod launcher and it generates the same errors. The server was running fine with 16.4 for many others but I could not seem to get it to work.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried that, I even tried installing the mod by hand rather than using the mod launcher and it generates the same errors. The server was running fine with 16.4 for many others but I could not seem to get it to work.

hmm that does seem strange, i hope that some of the smart guys in here can help u with it so u can get back to playing again :)

Hi there,

Can't get this mod to run. I've updated Mod Launcer, and using 16.4. I am trying to login to a server but it generates a lot of errors and hangs the client.

This is the output log:

https://pastebin.com/gxNJLsUA

The launcher log:

https://pastebin.com/vRpsbXhx

Any help is most appreciated. Thanks

I am qualified to answer :) Thanks for the help though, KingRizla

Did you press the Play button, or Test Mod Sync? The log file just shows that you created the folder, but didn't actually try to play.

@KingRizla

Just start a new Thread in HomeForum7 Days to Die - PCGame ModificationGame Mods, section, asking for help with what you need.

- - - Updated - - -

I stand with you KingRizla on your BBM thoughts, I too would lke the BBM compatiable with this mod or any other overhaul. The donkey is an awesome default tho.

Any version of this game can be tweaked with what you want. All you have to do is ask in the right area. BBM is compatible, but IT has to be added to THIS mod. Something the DEV's of this mod dont have time, nor have time to individually help each person adding in a feature that is coming...possibly

I stand with you KingRizla on your BBM thoughts, I too would lke the BBM compatiable with this mod or any other overhaul. The donkey is an awesome default tho.

seeing how Sirillion does not currently wish to release his patch becuase of work he is doing to it, i myself will try to continue on getting it to work.

if i at some point get it to work without any problems and i get the permission from the starvation team to distrubute that patch i will do so.

any help/hint are ofcource appreciated :)

but on a side note, i am sure that when time comes to it and the starvation team feels like it is needed, the solution they will come up with concerning the inventory space is surely going to be the end of the need to make these kind of patches for it :)

@KingRizla

Just start a new Thread in HomeForum7 Days to Die - PCGame ModificationGame Mods, section, asking for help with what you need.

- - - Updated - - -

Any version of this game can be tweaked with what you want. All you have to do is ask in the right area. BBM is compatible, but IT has to be added to THIS mod. Something the DEV's of this mod dont have time, nor have time to individually help each person adding in a feature that is coming...possibly

so far i have been able to get the 60 slot inventory to work (just need to adjust the size and location of the boxes so everything is useable)

and then im trying to figure out why gun safes and storage crates messes up without having being touched in the files.

but yes i will most likey start a new thread :)

I am the one that modified the mod for Games4Kickz and I feel he covered the reasons why he wanted it very clearly in the first video.

Those reasons are shared by many people of this community- old and young. Why are you dividing people not uniting them?

I will not stand for you coming here with this attitude against good people that is not to blame.

Kicks is earning money from youtube- from the mod you gave him Money dont mix with lots of things. I have a friend who wants to do the same thing as Kicks- will you give the mod to him too?

The Starvation crew have worked hard and given the community an amazing mod and they have stated clearly why they don’t want a bigbag and they have stated clearly how they want to make a bigbag available should they decide to make one. So you should rather be grateful for what they’ve already given you rather than spiteful over something they cannot even be blamed for.

Yes you made a free-pass for Kicks and left the rest of us alone on a boat. Good for you. Kicks is not to blame- he just showed everyone what is possible. From the videos its looking very stable.

As I said I was the one modding it for Games4Kickz and I’ve not released it for respect of the mod terms and I have not even asked Mortelentus for permission to release it out of respect for his(their) vision for the mod.

But you pissed a lot of people by proving the point of concept that it can be done. At least from the people i have spoken to they are not pleased with you and your ethics.

And no, I will not share the mod with you so there is no need to ask. I’ve had a multitude of requests and all have gotten that exact same answer.

I have not asked for the mod from you? Did we have a conversation about it?

-S

Dear Sirillion- I have replied to your post. I want to note I appreciate the job you do for the modding community but I do not like your ethics- on this particular event- how you did it. If that offends you please accept my dearest apology.

We all family here and I believe we all want for this mod/ mods and game to succeed as best as possible. On that we can agree.

About Big bag mod.

* Games4kikz * 72 slots.

You should be ashamed for making double standards.

Even if its not released publicly it clearly shows its doable and possible.

Good way to "piss off" community.

Not a priority => more like ignorance or unwillingness.

Not cool.

lol funny thing i was just searching to see if anyone had put together one for use for now not part as the mod but just separate because i dont know how to do it .. I think they prefer not to make a large one to be in the mod and that is fine with me love the mod either way but I would love if someone did have one to share for those of us that do like bigger packs , altho 72 is a lot I was thinking no more than 60 and maybe double what the minibike has now

For Newcomers Regarding

Big Bag Mod Support:

"+" (In favor) "-" (Against)

Team:

xyth +

He is a nice guy who is very forthcoming to changes here and there- very helpful to people. This is the guy you will meet here first.

rentechd -

More of a Tech guy. He gave a detailed overview how big inventory ruins game experience and he thinks people will not have fun with it. He fears bigger inventory takes away decision making. He is not planning for a support as FunPimps will come up with bigger inventory size eventually. However he did not say no to perk inventory- a possible feature for the future.

Mortelentus - -

He is worried bigger inventory destroys the need for donkey and survivor helpers. He is a strong supporter against the very basic idea for bigger inventory due to this. The game idea is scavenging not hit & run!

= = = = = = =

Recommendation:

Put a Note in first post BBM is not supported and not planned in near future. It will help notify new people coming here from youtube, Steam and many Forums about this topic.

Thank you everyone for all the feedback and

Big thanks to Starvation team for their patience and opinions.

I would like to try this on our server...

2017-11-04T19:40:57 140.676 INF Awake done

2017-11-04T19:40:59 142.086 INF Atlas reset took 160 ms

2017-11-04T19:40:59 142.105 INF Atlas load took 1411 ms

2017-11-04T19:40:59 142.636 INF NET: Starting server protocols

2017-11-04T19:40:59 142.733 INF NET: Unity NW server started

2017-11-04T19:40:59 142.754 INF [steamworks.NET] NET: Server started

SDX: SDX ModEngine::StartModScripts

CustomBehaviour - OnGameStarted

STARVATION Plagues Enabled = True

STARVATION Plagues Enabled = True

2017-11-04T19:41:00 143.073 INF StartGame

2017-11-04T19:41:00 143.410 INF Atlas reset took 104 ms

2017-11-04T19:41:08 151.156 INF Atlas resized to fit more icons. Old 1561 icons, 4096x4096, now 2359 icons, 8192x4096

2017-11-04T19:41:08 151.769 WRN Sprite chains has incorrect resolution 80*116, expected 116*80

2017-11-04T19:41:08 151.816 INF Adding 798 sprites to atlas took 8555 ms

2017-11-04T19:41:08 151.891 INF Persistent GamePrefs saved

2017-11-04T19:41:11 154.687 INF StartAsServer

2017-11-04T19:41:11 154.871 INF createWorld: Random Gen, Development, GameModeSurvivalMP

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/forest/moon

2017-11-04T19:41:12 155.086 INF Started thread thread_Regenerating

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/pine_forest/fogfade

2017-11-04T19:41:12 155.205 INF Started thread UA

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/plains/ambient

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/plains/moon

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/plains/fogfade

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/desert/ambient

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/desert/moon

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/desert/fogfade

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/pine_forest/fogfade

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/wasteland/ambient

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/wasteland/ambient

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/burnt_forest/ambient

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/burnt_forest/moon

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/city/sky

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/city/ambient

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/city/sun

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/city/moon

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/city/fog

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/city/fogfade

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/caveFloor/sky

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/caveFloor/ambient

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/caveFloor/sun

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/caveFloor/moon

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/caveFloor/fog

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/caveFloor/fogfade

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/caveCeiling/sky

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/caveCeiling/ambient

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/caveCeiling/sun

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/caveCeiling/moon

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/caveCeiling/fog

SDX: ResourceWrapper - Failed to load asset: Textures/Environment/Spectrums/caveCeiling/fogfade

Server console gives these errors... ?

Dear Sirillion- I have replied to your post. I want to note I appreciate the job you do for the modding community but I do not like your ethics- on this particular event- how you did it. If that offends you please accept my dearest apology.

We all family here and I believe we all want for this mod/ mods and game to succeed as best as possible. On that we can agree.

Dear zingo2, I will have you know it takes a whole lot more than this to offend me ... I am a grown ass man pushing 40 and as long as you are keeping the tone friendly we can continue talking ... the second you don't ... we are done talking, simple as that.

Out of respect for xyths request earlier I am putting this discussion down by not participating anymore. I would like to express my sincerest apologies to the Starvation team for this whole thing and I want you all to know that I mean you no disrespect. I am eager to see what you come up with and looking forward to more groundbreaking modding coming from you with this game.

-S

Dear zingo2, I will have you know it takes a whole lot more than this to offend me ... I am a grown ass man pushing 40 and as long as you are keeping the tone friendly we can continue talking ... the second you don't ... we are done talking, simple as that.

Out of respect for xyths request earlier I am putting this discussion down by not participating anymore. I would like to express my sincerest apologies to the Starvation team for this whole thing and I want you all to know that I mean you no disrespect. I am eager to see what you come up with and looking forward to more groundbreaking modding coming from you with this game.

-S

No offense taken mate, not by me... Everyone is free to do as they please with their own personal copies, and all we asked in terms of use was perfectly expressed by both you and kicks (awesome btw)... If anyone else uses any bigbag pack for their personal use, they can go right ahed, as long and they don't try to distribute a "new version" of starvation, and as long as they understand that we cannot and we will not offer support for anything that might be broken now or in the future... We changed a lot of things, including in UI functions, and we have a lot of stuff planned that may or may not conflict...

Now if we can go back to trail as to what we're offering on this thread, would be awesome :)

As a side note, all Kicks and Sirillion did was making sure they weren't going against our terms of use. They modified for personal use, and did not distribute without authorization... If you wanna blame anyone, blame me... I'm used to it anyways...

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)