A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

I bought the perk for machete crafting and I can make blades but I can't repair/assemble them what am I missing? Also having trouble finding weapon schems level 96 maxed out quality joe/scavenging and loot 200%. I only found hunting knife book and rocket launcher. No traders (8 so far) are selling weapon schems (Barter/secret stash maxed as well) Anyone else with this problem?

I noticed that spiders and hyenas don't trigger "hunted" while I am crouched and I get attacked while still "hidden" Is this intended?

Is there a way to scrap the toasters, broken 3ds and other stuff?

I almost forgot. Hamburgers is bad food effect?

Thank you in advance for assistance.

Edited by DangerGirl Forever (see edit history)

I bought the perk for machete crafting and I can make blades but I can't repair/assemble them what am I missing? Also having trouble finding weapon schems level 96 maxed out quality joe/scavenging and loot 200%. I only found hunting knife book and rocket launcher. No traders (8 so far) are selling weapon schems (Barter/secret stash maxed as well) Anyone else with this problem?

I noticed that spiders and hyenas don't trigger "hunted" while I am crouched and I get attacked while still "hidden" Is this intended?

Machete crating in a15 starvation was locked behind a quest and they haven't added that new quest as far as I know, we currently can't make the machete.

All weapon schematics are taken out of the game and replaced with the weapon workbench which requires a tool and die set plus other stuff to craft.

As far as animals and the rest I'm just trying to help and don't know those answers.

Bug: The quest "Survivor's Farm 4/6" would not complete for me when I crafted the farmer's station. I checked the creative list and apparently there are two farmer's stations with different ID's. Perhaps the quest is set to the wrong one?

Hi Delerium, have you found a fix or still battling? I have the same issue.

just did some testing on the spike traps that are steam powered. laid an nice line of them along my base walls and made enough noise to draw in an screamer. sure enough an horde came. the traps were damaging the zombies but.... it took an few minutes to kill em all from the point of first contact to last zombie dead. and my walls took ALOT of damage during this attack. feels an bit underpowered to have these trap to defend an base. what was their intented use? because as horde defence the quite frankly dont cut it

just did some testing on the spike traps that are steam powered. laid an nice line of them along my base walls and made enough noise to draw in an screamer. sure enough an horde came. the traps were damaging the zombies but.... it took an few minutes to kill em all from the point of first contact to last zombie dead. and my walls took ALOT of damage during this attack. feels an bit underpowered to have these trap to defend an base. what was their intented use? because as horde defence the quite frankly dont cut it

It's fun, it slows them down, and they take no damage on action... In my opinion it's the blade traps that are op, even if they eventually break :)

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)

It's fun, it slows them down, and they take no damage on action... In my opinion it's the blade traps that are op, even if they eventually break :)

blade traps are excelent for one thing, breaking :p they could not even stand up to the week 4 horde XD while the shotgun turrets ripped everything up on my testing without even needing to restock them once

I see the server files on Github aren't tested on Linux yet. I've been trying to get it to work but having issues.

I installed alpha 16.3 on the server and then uploaded the files from the repo. When I start the server, I get an exception with the 'lootRad' block. Full control panel output:

2017-10-31T16:09:57 62.413 INF Awake done

2017-10-31T16:09:57 62.547 INF Atlas reset took 95 ms

2017-10-31T16:09:57 62.547 INF Atlas load took 133 ms

2017-10-31T16:09:57 62.708 INF NET: Starting server protocols

2017-10-31T16:09:57 62.750 INF NET: Unity NW server started

2017-10-31T16:09:57 62.751 INF [steamworks.NET] NET: Server started

SDX: SDX ModEngine::StartModScripts

CustomBehaviour - OnGameStarted

STARVATION Plagues Enabled = True

STARVATION Plagues Enabled = True

2017-10-31T16:09:57 62.753 INF StartGame

2017-10-31T16:09:57 63.033 INF Atlas reset took 109 ms

2017-10-31T16:09:58 63.471 INF Atlas resized to fit more icons. Old 1561 icons, 4096x4096, now 2358 icons, 8192x4096

2017-10-31T16:09:58 63.932 INF Adding 798 sprites to atlas took 1054 ms

2017-10-31T16:09:58 63.994 INF Persistent GamePrefs saved

2017-10-31T16:09:58 64.084 INF StartAsServer

2017-10-31T16:09:58 64.233 INF createWorld: Random Gen, , GameModeSurvivalMP

Exception: Block with name 'lootRad' not found!

Any ideas?

Howdy,

Is there an issue acquiring the lathe?

I see the skill is commented out but the skillbook is not in any of the loot tables. I"m guessing it should have been in the rarebooks loot table?

Cheers

Try the traders, i'm adding it to loot though... I HATE traders... HATE THEM!

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)

Hi Delerium, have you found a fix or still battling? I have the same issue.

It would seem that in the quest.xml that the line requiring you to craft the farmer station says just 'farmer' when it should read 'farmerBlock'

<quest id="Q_Farm_E4" group_name="Food for Everyone" name="Survivor's Farm 4/6" subtitle="Farmer Station" description="While we waiting for survivors, we can prepare a Farmer station.\nCollect materials and craft one.\nYou need to place it near a girl survivor.\nYou can also tell her to follow you and place the station at desired destination." icon="ui_game_symbol_q_farm5" repeatable="false" category_key="Quest" offer="Share your knowledge." difficulty="medium">

<objective type="FetchKeep" id="hoeIron" value="1" />

<objective type="FetchKeep" id="forgedIron" value="10" />

<objective type="FetchKeep" id="bucket" value="2" />

<objective type="Craft" id="farmerBlock" value="1" />

<reward type="Quest" id="Q_Farm_E5" />

Great job on the mod Starvation team. Enjoying it very muchly :smile-new:

After some more testing, using -force-glcore causes a few more textures to be missing. With -force-glcore, tobacco, bamboo,wheat, and sugar cane plants are pink. Without it they are all normal.

I've also noticed that sometimes the game crashes on exit:

$ *** Error in `/mnt/5F3E5240175EA164/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die Starvation/7DaysToDie.x86_64': double free or corruption (!prev): 0x00000000398057e0 ***

output_log__2017-10-31__19-36-40.txt

When TFP make machete craft-able by a skill in A15 they forgot to remove the requirement for reading the book. In A15 Starvation gave you a work around that also is in A16

You get the recipe - which is like reading the book - as a reward for completing the bladed weapons quest. Then yo ca craft the machete.

I am having an issue with the farming station quest line. I have made 4 farming stations but the quest never completes. I am stuck with the quest line now as I cannot finish the farm station crafting. I have tried in the workbench and my backpack crafting.

Most time you can fix this by simply making another quest active in your quest page and then setting the farmer quest back on. Otherwise the only other way to fix it is to use the 'givequest' command and give yourself the next step. If you are on your own client or your own server and have admin access that is the way to fix it. If you are on someone elses server they will either need to temporary give you admin access to run that command or set that command to be used by a player level. Trying to see about getting the givequest command to use a player as a target in upcoming admin tools for the mod

- - - Updated - - -

Machete crating in a15 starvation was locked behind a quest and they haven't added that new quest as far as I know, we currently can't make the machete.

All weapon schematics are taken out of the game and replaced with the weapon workbench which requires a tool and die set plus other stuff to craft.

As far as animals and the rest I'm just trying to help and don't know those answers.

Starvation solved this in A15, and you can still do it in A16, by giving you the recipe (which is like reading the book) as a quest reward for completing one of the parts of the bladed weapon quest. In Starvation you can craft the machete

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23168[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23168[/ATTACH]

not wocking why no intenert conection help guys thks

You can only use the launcher that is linked in the release post.. the 7D2DModLauncher created by Sphereii. The A15 launcher does not work to run the game. If you use the right launcher you will connect fine.

I see the server files on Github aren't tested on Linux yet. I've been trying to get it to work but having issues.

I installed alpha 16.3 on the server and then uploaded the files from the repo. When I start the server, I get an exception with the 'lootRad' block. Full control panel output:

Any ideas?

We have not complied or tested with linux at this point and are not supporting Starvation on Linux. However Bela Lugosi and his team have gotten Starvation to run on Linux and posted in this thread about how to do and provided a link to the files that he updated do that the windows compile would work on Linux. This is why ist always a godo idea to look through a forum before asking.... https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?75797-WIP-STARVATION-Mod-for-A16&p=752646&viewfull=1#post752646

After some more testing, using -force-glcore causes a few more textures to be missing. With -force-glcore, tobacco, bamboo,wheat, and sugar cane plants are pink. Without it they are all normal.

I've also noticed that sometimes the game crashes on exit:

$ *** Error in `/mnt/5F3E5240175EA164/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die Starvation/7DaysToDie.x86_64': double free or corruption (!prev): 0x00000000398057e0 ***

It appears you are trying Linux. It is working on Linux and the edited files can be found here. If you have any questions you can ask Bela about it. Currently we have not complied or tested on Linux and are not supporting Linux at this this time.

that on is not to be in loot tbh :) nor anywhere... it's a dev item, and tbh not of much use :)

Howdy, thanks for the reply.

My group and I were looking at upgrading the advanced crossbow with some of the parts we've collected but assembly is locked until you find the schematic. We haven't haven't found it yet so I cheated (just a little) by checking out the xmls. The only way I see to unlock the recipe is via that bookBlockGuns.

You guys have done some crazy stuff I've not seen before, is this recipe unlockable via a quest line or something somewhere else?

I'm not sure if the other guns locked behind that book have the same issue.

On an unrelated note, fantastic work with the mod. I was going to comment on specific items I've not seen before but there is far too much!