A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

We shouldn't be getting loss from a system on our home network, should we? Everything shows great speeds, and the server system is a top of the line i7 surface pro 4.

If your on a local lan then it isn't likely you have an issue with ping or PL, but it is possible. You can run tests to check, but beyond that I don't have any new ideas to offer. We didn't change the vanilla Zed's reach or delay, and I'm not seeing any issues on my dedi install on my lan.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, I would like to ask about the Starvation mode as it can be applied to the server with the kamradem we want one smaller start and so we would be interested in the mode we are very interested in. We pay the server at Fakhad.

Sorry, but I do not understand your question.

Hey Starvation Team,

I still have a question about the RWG ... I set the generation distance to 40000, burnt forest generation distance to 32000 - 36000, radiated zones to 36000 - 40000 in the rwgmixer.xml. Why does the RWG generate burnt/ radiated forests after ~7500m and radiated zones after ~9900m??? They're getting generated as circle around the map.

So, where can I change this???

Please help me.

Thanks much,

Darehitorimo

Thank you, but I don't think, that they can help me.

Due to radiated burnt forests begin spawning at ~7000 meters, it's no vanilla rwgmixer.xml problem. I guess, there's another data somewhere, that blocks the rwgmixer.xml rules to take effect.

LOL. Well I can't help if you don't ask.

Just little nuggets of info:

Any change to the rwgmixer.xml will require you to delete your old world and start fresh. Things changed with the rwgmixer when A16 came out.

If that doesn't fix your issue then you made a mistake in how you made your edits. ANY mod can have their worlds play field increased. It's not the Starvation Teams mod adjustments to the xml files or additional scripting and code work they've done.

IF you really don't want my help to fix it for whatever reason:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52259-RGMIXER-XML-Edits&p=527340&viewfull=1#post527340

start reading all the way till post #51 then you can jump to the next link:https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52259-RGMIXER-XML-Edits&p=745411&viewfull=1#post745411

I think I may know a thing or two xD

What's the trick to getting the farmer girl to actually do something. Placed her next to fertilized soil. Seeds and snow in farm storage. Fridge and food two blocks away. She is standing on regular wood blocks right next to the soil. Farm storage directly to the left of her.

I watched games4Kickz video and did exactly like he did and my farmer just stares ahead doing nothing. Little help if you please

EDIT: She is eating the cornbread with no problems but still not planting anything

I've killed her and replaced her in a new location. Destroyed farm storage and made another, restarted game from launcher, tried all low tier food. I'm out of ideas and it kinda sucks lol. Was something I was looking forward to in the game.

from your text, i think you only "put" the snow in the farm storage ?

you need to "upgrade" the farm storage first. put the snow in your bag, and upgrade the farm storage with stone axe or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a limit to the # of survivors you can have active? I'm asking because the tower has brought in 6 or so and nothing for awhile. Still waiting on the gardner girl lol.

just kill some of the existing idle npc until the garden girl come xD

@Kamaka

I got mine completing the Fisherman's quest chain.

@Anyone really

Is there something funny with the fire traps? I've made a couple and the first two were automatically transformed into gas lines.

The remaining one worked fine until a zombie ran over it then it transformed into a pipe and disappeared.

the fire traps bugs, i've had it as well. it seems you must put the gas pipe in a very neatly order from the main source gas tank to prevent the game from being confused by how the energy gas flowing from the main gas tank.

for example, before i put the gas-pipe line in somewhat like following order :

----------------------1---2---3---4

gas tank=======10-11--12--5

----------------------9---8---7---6

and that bug changing firetrap into gas pipe randomly appear, and only a few random of the fire-trap are working, the rest of it are not active. i also got some message "cannot define main energy" or something like that when stepping in some of the fire-trap.

but later when i wrenching back all the pipe and i re-put the gas pipe line again in a more neatly order :

--------------------- 1----2---3---4

gas tank ====== 5----6---7---8

--------------------- 9----10--11-12

all fire-trap can work properly now.

Edited by father123 (see edit history)

Machete kills again ;)

CLIENT / SERVER 16.0.0.26

!!UPDATED TO A16.4!!

• UPDATED TO 16.4
  • adjusted fueld value for wood frames
  • receipe for chainNlocks tweaked, added chain item to loot.
  • fixed quest Q_ChainNLocks
  • fixed machete receipe
  • removed old insulator receipe
  • increased damage for saw bat
  • Fix to steelarrowhead recipe
  • fix to Q_Farm_E4
  • added electricity book to rare loot

For people playing on official servers, updates are being applied in the meanwhile.

REMEMBER TO REBUILD YOUR CLIENTS FOR A16.4!!

Hi! Love the mod but some thigs are missing that were in the A15 version of the mod, anyway I have my wepon smithing at 7 points and I unlocked machete perk for 4 points went to the smithy made a machete blade took some leather went back to the workstation and I cant make the damn machete it got a big exclamation mark and it says I need to read a book??? It says in an update list "fixed machete receipe" So what am I doing wrong? Cheers!!! :)

@whazi

Howdy, I wrenched the Biogas digester and it went into my inventory. I was then able to place it somewhere else.

I haven't tried the Moonshine though.

Cheers

Ah ok..I didn't try to wrench it! Other stations can be picked up just holding E and selecting the action (hand)

The electric system now is merged and compatible with pimps one?

And sorry if I ask again.. if I use the antenna down in a cave will work? Will they pop inside or above ground?

Probably I'll discover soonish as I'm trying to make a proper zone..but an answer could save me from a huge digging

LOL. Well I can't help if you don't ask.

Just little nuggets of info:

Any change to the rwgmixer.xml will require you to delete your old world and start fresh. Things changed with the rwgmixer when A16 came out.

If that doesn't fix your issue then you made a mistake in how you made your edits. ANY mod can have their worlds play field increased. It's not the Starvation Teams mod adjustments to the xml files or additional scripting and code work they've done.

IF you really don't want my help to fix it for whatever reason:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52259-RGMIXER-XML-Edits&p=527340&viewfull=1#post527340

start reading all the way till post #51 then you can jump to the next link:https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52259-RGMIXER-XML-Edits&p=745411&viewfull=1#post745411

I think I may know a thing or two xD

Please forgive my arrogance, I'll try it out. :)

Please forgive my arrogance, I'll try it out. :)

I don't think you're arrogant.

Anyhow those links should point you in the right direction even if the info is over a year old it's still relevant today for the most part. If you're still running into issue's pm me a link to the rwgmixer file you are editing so I can look at it. GL either way.

.....And sorry if I ask again.. if I use the antenna down in a cave will work? Will they pop inside or above ground?

Probably I'll discover soonish as I'm trying to make a proper zone..but an answer could save me from a huge digging

it works underground, the npc will spawn around the radio tower, but if you don't provide enough space around the radio tower, sometime the npc can spawn inside the ground wall, or the wall above the radio tower.

Gauges do not drop from cars anymore? Only workingstiffs I understand from loot file. Also how to craft fuel deposit, description says in smith hammer, it should be mill? I'm at lvl 75 and can not use electricity yet because of these..

Gauges do not drop from cars anymore? Only workingstiffs I understand from loot file. Also how to craft fuel deposit, description says in smith hammer, it should be mill? I'm at lvl 75 and can not use electricity yet because of these..

you can use electrics without the diesel generators.

those only take more fuel (to store).

the normal generator can still be purchased as perk, also those normal generators are buyable at normal traders, battery bank can also be bought to store and/or recharge batteries, but to produce those you need the correct book.

if u want the lathe to connect to the normal generators you need to build that "failsafe thing" which uses 75W and you place the lathe next to it.

(level 107 and felt 5 zillion crates i got my first gauge :D )

(tiny error, corrected now:)

fuel depoist (small) can be crafted at the standard workbench

Edited by Archmage105xy (see edit history)

you can use electrics without the diesel generators.

those only take more fuel (to store).

the normal generator can still be purchased as perk, also those normal generators are buyable at normal traders, battery bank can also be bought to store and/or recharge batteries, but to produce those you need the correct book.

if u want the lathe to connect to the normal generators you need to build that "failsafe thing" which uses 75W and you place the lathe next to it.

(level 107 and felt 5 zillion crates i got my first gauge :D )

(tiny error, corrected now:)

fuel depoist (small) can be crafted at the standard workbench

I was trying the diesel because I can not craft standard generators due to need of console, lack of any gauge and no trader luck. I accept that but weird thing I can not see craft option for fuel deposit or generator housing in big anvil's menu with a smith hammer in it (for diesel), that stucks me. For electrycity my last try is the battery bank, I can use lathe that way, but I need a generator anyway to recharge those batteries.

Edited by altug (see edit history)

Hello everyone,

I'd like to thank the authors for this great mod. It was hard to get used to it at first, but I eventually reached the point at which at least some of the new threats are no longer that much of a danger for me (still pretty hard even on the easiest difficulty though lol).

I finally managed to build radio tower to call some survivors and I have a question. I see that there is a way to call them to follow me around, I see there is a way to manage their inventory. Really nice just like we are used to from games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls, but I can't figure out whether it is possible to make these followers attack our enemies or not. I know there is a menu where I can switch to "Patrol" and that makes them attack the enemy nearby, but for Gos's sake, they are attacking them bare handed even though I've put some weapons to their inventory. Please tell me there is a way for them to use weapons instead of trying to knock the enemies out with bare hands? lol And if there's no way to do that, please could you eventually make it possible? Also would it be possible to make the follower automatically attack the enemy without need to switch them manually to "Patrol" from "Follow me"? Thanks for help with this and again thanks for a great and really addicting mod!