A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

From your first screenshot, I don't see any fertile soil near your farmer... you need to use a hoe on the dirt.

It's behind the fence that you can see in the left corner, but as I stated before, it worked before it disappeared.

I even tried to put the farmer inside the fence right between the 2 fields and it still gave me the error and she wouldn't work.

I gathered all Ingredients including stuff made from the NPC smith for the big Diesel Generator. I cant seem to find the Workstation to craft it in. According to the xml's its done in crafter, which should be my Inventory, right? I dont see the Craft Button anywhere.

Any ideas?

How is it handling ? I'm very VERY curious. Are you running on dedi?

Yes, it's on a dedi server.

Server runs smooth ... had 13 players online, yesterday and the server stayed stable.

But it might lag some RAM usage problems, so I sheduled the server restarts more frequent 6 hourly.

When we reach more than 20 people playing permanent on the server, I will double the restarts, again.

You have to delete all player profiles due to quest problems with the random gen mod or you need to modify them, but I don't know how to do this. If you don't do this, your server will crash, when a player starts a quest.

But we have another problem. Due to the bad netcode, we have problems with fast moving zeds. They're often unhitable, until they're directly in front of you. They're moving right-left to much.

Edited by Darehitorimo (see edit history)

Does anyone know how this quests are found or trigged please:

<quest id="Q_WBA" group_name="Blade Weapons Training" name="Blade Weapons 1/5" subtitle="Knifeman" description="It seems I am doing well with Blade Weapons.\n\nNeed to train more if I want to become a master." icon="ui_game_symbol_knife" repeatable="false" category_key="challenge" offer="Cut.Slash.Pierce." difficulty="easy">

<objective type="ZombieKill" value="10" />

<requirement type="Group" id="requirementGroupBladeWeapons" value="OR">

<requirement type="Holding" id="boneShiv" />

<requirement type="Holding" id="huntingKnife" />

<requirement type="Holding" id="machete" />

<requirement type="Holding" id="woodenSpear" />

<requirement type="Holding" id="huntingKnifeSpear" />

<requirement type="Holding" id="nailwood" />

<requirement type="Holding" id="fork" />

<requirement type="Holding" id="forkStandard" />

<requirement type="Holding" id="lightsword" />

</requirement>

<reward type="SkillPoints" value="1" />

<reward type="Quest" id="Q_WBA2" />

<quest id="Q_WAR" group_name="Archery Training" name="Archery Training 1/5" subtitle="Novice Archer" description="It seems I am doing well with bows and crossbows.\n\nNeed to train more if I want to become a master." icon="ui_game_symbol_archery" repeatable="false" category_key="challenge" offer="Arrow rain begins." difficulty="easy">

<objective type="ZombieKill" value="10" />

<requirement type="Group" id="requirementGroupArchery" value="OR">

<requirement type="Holding" id="woodenBow" />

<requirement type="Holding" id="crossbow" />

<!-- <requirement type="Holding" id="compoundBow" /> -->

<requirement type="Holding" id="smallCrossbow" />

</requirement>

<reward type="SkillPoints" value="1" />

<reward type="Quest" id="Q_WAR2" /> There are more just there not in the creative menu either as quests :/

Adding 2 more question..

1) can't figure how to use radio for the music..I place it and can only pick it back..can't connect electricity..what I need?

2) Turned on the antenna and got as 1st npc the boy..there's anywhere an explanation on what to do with npc? How to train or assign job? The kid can patrol. .what means? Also.. the food need to be in same room? Can open doors?

Edited by whazi (see edit history)

Animals and biomes

the biome of the game, is located in North America, so animals like rhinoceroses, trigens, hyenas, etc ... do not make the least sense. It's cool to have a bunch of animals ... but, those are a little overdone. everything is very good, excellent, but would it not be possible to grow more American animals, and to remove African and Oriental animals? Thank you very much in advance :smile-new:

2) Turned on the antenna and got as 1st npc the boy..there's anywhere an explanation on what to do with npc? How to train or assign job? The kid can patrol. .what means? Also.. the food need to be in same room? Can open doors?

http://starvationmod.wikidot.com/sett

To assign a job you have to make some kind of station. You can find the additional info about the station in it's description. Probably place the fridge close to the workstation, I'm not sure about the range. They can't open doors.

It's behind the fence that you can see in the left corner, but as I stated before, it worked before it disappeared.

I even tried to put the farmer inside the fence right between the 2 fields and it still gave me the error and she wouldn't work.

not sure what happen with your farmer, but just to be on the checklist in order for the farmer to work:

1. got the relevant seeds inside the farm storage

2. upgraded the farm storage into icy storage

3. assigned the farmer with the task.

4. got corn bread inside the refrigerator which located within 5 blocks from the farmer

5. tiled the land

- - - Updated - - -

Adding 2 more question..

1) can't figure how to use radio for the music..I place it and can only pick it back..can't connect electricity..what I need?

Radio is automatically working, just putting it there is enough, it will help increasing your sanity when you're standing nearby the radio

- - - Updated - - -

I gathered all Ingredients including stuff made from the NPC smith for the big Diesel Generator. I cant seem to find the Workstation to craft it in. According to the xml's its done in crafter, which should be my Inventory, right? I dont see the Craft Button anywhere.

Any ideas?

Done in Crafter means npc workstation, which consist of Smith Workstation and Mechanic Workstation. those two stations compliment each other, try check the mechanic workstation.

Edited by father123 (see edit history)

I'm confused at the diesel gen aswell. .it says some parts have to be crafted into smith hammer that I guess is the npc station?

Also anyone can tell me how far is going the effect of insects lights and rodent thing?

insect light and rodent thing if i'm not mistaken they said it has 9 blocks coverage, horizontal and vertical, but just to be safe, i always consider it as 5 blocks coverage.

Hello everyone

i have a problem, when i try to start the mod with the option of EAC enabled, it doesn't load, try to start but only show a black screen. any suggestion?

thanks in advance.

EAC does not work with this mod. Or any SDX mod I believe.

the biome of the game, is located in North America, so animals like rhinoceroses, trigens, hyenas, etc ... do not make the least sense. It's cool to have a bunch of animals ... but, those are a little overdone. everything is very good, excellent, but would it not be possible to grow more American animals, and to remove African and Oriental animals? Thank you very much in advance :smile-new:

Not on our immediate plans... some of the members aquired some packages and that's what we used... consider them runaways (circus, zoos). Big animals and scavengers would probably thrive without natural predators. My imagination is enough to make sense of it :)

not sure what happen with your farmer, but just to be on the checklist in order for the farmer to work:

1. got the relevant seeds inside the farm storage

2. upgraded the farm storage into icy storage

3. assigned the farmer with the task.

4. got corn bread inside the refrigerator which located within 5 blocks from the farmer

5. tiled the land

I did all that again and as soon as i click her to give her the orders the command window comes up and gives me the same error,

and Spams my server with the script error until I kill the farmer.

I have boiled eggs and cornbread in the fridge and potato seeds and corn seeds in the farm storage.

as you can see the fridge is just behind her and the farmland is watered, tiled and fertilized.

So I have no idea what i'm doing wrong as this is exactly what i did when i put it up first and it worked then.