A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Mort, friendly reminder to consider proximity to other players as a factor in reducing insanity, and a more fleshed out rapid temperature change system to determine flu susceptibility... Maybe a constitution stat based on other factors as well.

I like it, noted for discussion with the team :)

I've visited the wiki page.. is there somewhere else to read up on changes to the original game? We weren't aware of the ceramics forge (and glass) and coming back we just learned of the donkey.

I'm not a huge fan of the big bags for the same reasons as many. If we stick with starvation I might add Anna's bigger minibike inventory though.

So far the mod has been a breath of fresh air.. coming across animals we'd never seen before and learning to deal with them, and learning to manage the sanity thing.

The only nits I've had are the font on the quest boxes is kind of small and hard to read, and the bed icon when sleeping seems kind of dark compared to the other icons.

We are having a blast loving/hating the changes though... Thanks!

Dear starvation Team, first off i would like to thank you for all the work you have put into this awesome modpack! and say that i really enjoy playing it.

me and (it seems like alot of other players) really wish to mod our own single player backpack to be a bit bigger, therefore i have made a little patch that allows them to get 60slots in the backpack ( current thread: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76684-Starvation-Mod-Bigger-Backpack-Patch-(a16b8)(WIP)&p=755905#post755905 ) so i would like to ask of u the starvation team, permission to release this as a patch for the starvation mod here on forum. please reply back to me either on post here or in a pm :)

Edited by KingRizla (see edit history)

What's the trick to getting the farmer girl to actually do something. Placed her next to fertilized soil. Seeds and snow in farm storage. Fridge and food two blocks away. She is standing on regular wood blocks right next to the soil. Farm storage directly to the left of her.

I watched games4Kickz video and did exactly like he did and my farmer just stares ahead doing nothing. Little help if you please

EDIT: She is eating the cornbread with no problems but still not planting anything

I've killed her and replaced her in a new location. Destroyed farm storage and made another, restarted game from launcher, tried all low tier food. I'm out of ideas and it kinda sucks lol. Was something I was looking forward to in the game.

Edited by Exxodous (see edit history)

For Newcomers Regarding

Big Bag Mod Support:

"+" (In favor) "-" (Against)

Team:

xyth +

He is a nice guy who is very forthcoming to changes here and there- very helpful to people. This is the guy you will meet here first.

rentechd -

More of a Tech guy. He gave a detailed overview how big inventory ruins game experience and he thinks people will not have fun with it. He fears bigger inventory takes away decision making. He is not planning for a support as FunPimps will come up with bigger inventory size eventually. However he did not say no to perk inventory- a possible feature for the future.

Mortelentus - -

He is worried bigger inventory destroys the need for donkey and survivor helpers. He is a strong supporter against the very basic idea for bigger inventory due to this. The game idea is scavenging not hit & run!

= = = = = = =

Recommendation:

Put a Note in first post BBM is not supported and not planned in near future. It will help notify new people coming here from youtube, Steam and many Forums about this topic.

Thank you everyone for all the feedback and

Big thanks to Starvation team for their patience and opinions.

Hmmm this was not called for mate. The starvation team is awesome have no issue with any of them. Morte I have known for a long time and respect for him is high. He has no issue with the bigger backpack mod or someone putting it into their personal game.

The starvation team just wants the backpack done differently thru gating it behind quests or skills and it gets bigger the more you gain.

I don't like this way myself as I can go to a store and grab any large backpack and be able to fill it without needing to learn it but that is my views. But the starvation team have a path and vision and that is that they want it done.

Now let's get the thread back on topic and move forward.

I have a problem. I am getting very few zombies at blood moon. Day 7 and 14 was at maximum 8 zombies, even though my settings is blood moon enemy count 64 and max spawned zombies 70. I did not have this problem when running vanilla server. Anyone know a solution for this?

What's the trick to getting the farmer girl to actually do something. Placed her next to fertilized soil. Seeds and snow in farm storage. Fridge and food two blocks away. She is standing on regular wood blocks right next to the soil. Farm storage directly to the left of her.

I watched games4Kickz video and did exactly like he did and my farmer just stares ahead doing nothing. Little help if you please

EDIT: She is eating the cornbread with no problems but still not planting anything

I've killed her and replaced her in a new location. Destroyed farm storage and made another, restarted game from launcher, tried all low tier food. I'm out of ideas and it kinda sucks lol. Was something I was looking forward to in the game.

Is she outside? No roof/ceiling overhead?

(food)

1. pizza got no picture

2. goulash got no picture

(exploit?!?)

3 you can exploit with lathe... craft empty can 2 scrap iron, you can place em in forge for 5 scrap iron, or just scrap em, 500 cans 1000 scrap iron, scrap 500 cans, 1875 scrap (via forge 2500)

crafting (errors?)

4. you can not melt glass in the forge, but you still have the recipe for broken glass there :D

5.1 solar bank..... said at workbench, well i havent found one where i could craft it.....

5.2 solar bank.... Mill and crafter.... well mill aint got that either....

5.3 solar bank (and cell) crafter, well ok, i admit aint got survivors yet

(prayers)

6. a recipe to turn scrap rubber into rubber

7. a recipe (as perk for science 10?) to craft that stupid "GAUGE".... at level 105 i havent found any yet, no matter where, cars, workers, working stiff.... (its rare tool loot....) but maybe a level 120+ should be able to craft a gauge (for 10000 steel and 500 rubber, but at least be able to)

(moonshine needs 3 gauges, that quest with small generator another)

(almost forgot)

8.forge a machete blade 200 scrap steel, if u melt it back only 20 scrap steel back :(

was ok when u could craft the blade for 200 iron, but loss of 90% material when u melt it back?

bringing this up again, appears to have been lost due to that bigbag-ure a-brabbling

Hey Starvation Team,

I still have a question about the RWG ... I set the generation distance to 40000, burnt forest generation distance to 32000 - 36000, radiated zones to 36000 - 40000 in the rwgmixer.xml. Why does the RWG generate burnt/ radiated forests after ~7500m and radiated zones after ~9900m??? They're getting generated as circle around the map.

So, where can I change this???

Please help me.

Thanks much,

Darehitorimo

Hey guys, I still need a usefull answer to this ... small maps just suck ...

need help?

It's been 40+ days in our multiplayer and it still hasn't rain, i tried tweaking the biomes but nothing is working is there a specific setting i can change in the biome so we can have RAIN. the Starvation is REAL, at first it was the cat and dog food but now we have meat but little on veggies. we don't want to restart but if there is a specific setting in the biome i can change to make it rain i would appreciate it. I don't mind even if we get flooded :)

Hi guys sorry if this was asked before but the other topic is 341 pages long and this one is already over 43 pages. I tried the search function but couldnt find a proper answer.

Since i'm having a LOT of issues using the sphereii launcher. Is there a possibility for a manual instalation process ? I've seen it for previous version but i couldnt find the process/files for the 16.4 one. Also the starvation launcher is not working anymore so i assume you guys are using only sphereii launcher.

Either way, when i click on the launcher to install starvation, it gets stuck there. A friend of mine told me its a 68mb long mod so it should not take that long ( 30 min ). Since the launcher has no "download bar, i cant tell if its downloading or not.

Moon;756253']Hi guys sorry if this was asked before but the other topic is 341 pages long and this one is already over 43 pages. I tried the search function but couldnt find a proper answer.

Since i'm having a LOT of issues using the sphereii launcher. Is there a possibility for a manual instalation process ? I've seen it for previous version but i couldnt find the process/files for the 16.4 one. Also the starvation launcher is not working anymore so i assume you guys are using only sphereii launcher.

Either way, when i click on the launcher to install starvation, it gets stuck there. A friend of mine told me its a 68mb long mod so it should not take that long ( 30 min ). Since the launcher has no "download bar, i cant tell if its downloading or not.

Its more of a 700 meg mod, it takes a while unless you have a big pipe. The launcher has a direct download switch. Try that.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a place to melt down scrap rubber? Looks like rubber is only craftable in the campfire and it doesn't even use scrap rubber. Seems like a waste. I'm new to the mod so I figured I'd ask just to make sure.

I'll sort this out in the next patch.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a problem. I am getting very few zombies at blood moon. Day 7 and 14 was at maximum 8 zombies, even though my settings is blood moon enemy count 64 and max spawned zombies 70. I did not have this problem when running vanilla server. Anyone know a solution for this?

The GameStages are pretty much vanilla at this point. You won't see many zeds for the first few bloodmoons unless you somehow got your GameStage up really high.

- - - Updated - - -

1. is a mistake

2. should be mill.... u can get that with the right book, its a steam powered workbench for sawblade, radio tower and the generator

3. yes a survivor, you need that radio tower, so you need the mill before (steam powered book) and nice energy, then they can craft it sometime (not sure if u need to teach em though)

besides, now a few things i noticed...

(food)

1. pizza got no picture

2. goulash got no picture

(exploit?!?)

3 you can exploit with lathe... craft empty can 2 scrap iron, you can place em in forge for 5 scrap iron, or just scrap em, 500 cans 1000 scrap iron, scrap 500 cans, 1875 scrap (via forge 2500)

crafting (errors?)

4. you can not melt glass in the forge, but you still have the recipe for broken glass there :D

5.1 solar bank..... said at workbench, well i havent found one where i could craft it.....

5.2 solar bank.... Mill and crafter.... well mill aint got that either....

5.3 solar bank (and cell) crafter, well ok, i admit aint got survivors yet

(prayers)

6. a recipe to turn scrap rubber into rubber

7. a recipe (as perk for science 10?) to craft that stupid "GAUGE".... at level 105 i havent found any yet, no matter where, cars, workers, working stiff.... (its rare tool loot....) but maybe a level 120+ should be able to craft a gauge (for 10000 steel and 500 rubber, but at least be able to)

(moonshine needs 3 gauges, that quest with small generator another)

(almost forgot)

8.forge a machete blade 200 scrap steel, if u melt it back only 20 scrap steel back :(

was ok when u could craft the blade for 200 iron, but loss of 90% material when u melt it back?

I will check on these and fix what I can confirm in next patch.

Its more of a 700 meg mod, it takes a while unless you have a big pipe. The launcher has a direct download switch. Try that.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy mother of god. 700mb that explains everything and why its taking so long. I will try again and see how it works.

I've found the manual download so i'll try that as well. I dont know why the manual download downloaded super fast since i got 600mb connection but the launcher takes forever.

Either way i'll try both. Thanks mate.

Hi, so to craft the machete all u need to do is unlock the machete blade in under skills (if i remember correctly its on page 3-4), then u should be able to craft this badboy in the workbench with the hammer in ur inventory :)

I know the recipe, i can craft the blade, but can`t make machete. Look at screenshot, i also have a hammer, i tried put it in inventory, on the belt, in the hand, in the workstation... No result((

Hi, so to craft the machete all u need to do is unlock the machete blade in under skills (if i remember correctly its on page 3-4), then u should be able to craft this badboy in the workbench with the hammer in ur inventory :)

No, this method dont work, i have smith hammer and machete blade with leather in inventory, but cant craft machete, it says "you dont have the required recipe".