A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

I don't think you're arrogant.

Anyhow those links should point you in the right direction even if the info is over a year old it's still relevant today for the most part. If you're still running into issue's pm me a link to the rwgmixer file you are editing so I can look at it. GL either way.

The .xml changes were already made. I just neede to generate the map again. Works fine now ... map with 40km world border.

Thx!

I was trying the diesel because I can not craft standard generators due to need of console, lack of any gauge and no trader luck. I accept that but weird thing I can not see craft option for fuel deposit or generator housing in big anvil's menu with a smith hammer in it (for diesel), that stucks me. For electrycity my last try is the battery bank, I can use lathe that way, but I need a generator anyway to recharge those batteries.

gauge only lootable from working stiff loot box or rare drop from lumberjack if i'm not mistaken.

fuel deposit, generator housing, i think its created from the npc smith workstation.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello everyone,

I'd like to thank the authors for this great mod. It was hard to get used to it at first, but I eventually reached the point at which at least some of the new threats are no longer that much of a danger for me (still pretty hard even on the easiest difficulty though lol).

I finally managed to build radio tower to call some survivors and I have a question. I see that there is a way to call them to follow me around, I see there is a way to manage their inventory. Really nice just like we are used to from games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls, but I can't figure out whether it is possible to make these followers attack our enemies or not. I know there is a menu where I can switch to "Patrol" and that makes them attack the enemy nearby, but for Gos's sake, they are attacking them bare handed even though I've put some weapons to their inventory. Please tell me there is a way for them to use weapons instead of trying to knock the enemies out with bare hands? lol And if there's no way to do that, please could you eventually make it possible? Also would it be possible to make the follower automatically attack the enemy without need to switch them manually to "Patrol" from "Follow me"? Thanks for help with this and again thanks for a great and really addicting mod!

there's 4 type of workstation that you can ask your npc to attend to. one of the workstation is the "Guard workstation", i think only from those station that the npc are able to shoot pistol gun, after the npc reach higher level, it will able to equip MP5 gun.

How do you farm crops in this mod?

I layed down an area of 20 x 20 with crops / water. Sprayed anti-plague stuff. But when I came back, only 3 plants survived, I could see the plague despite having used the spray. There were about 7 rats.

This is on MP server so a day might have passed while I was away. But it can't possible mean I have to afk at the crops for their entire growth length right?

How do you farm crops in this mod?

I layed down an area of 20 x 20 with crops / water. Sprayed anti-plague stuff. But when I came back, only 3 plants survived, I could see the plague despite having used the spray. There were about 7 rats.

This is on MP server so a day might have passed while I was away. But it can't possible mean I have to afk at the crops for their entire growth length right?

Insect lights help as does the rodent repellent but of course both require electricity. I haven't had any rats using these but insects still get a fair amount of my crops. It seems pretty random as I may go 12 hours with no bugs then get 8 or 10 pop up in a matter of a few min while standing in the field.

Insect lights help as does the rodent repellent but of course both require electricity. I haven't had any rats using these but insects still get a fair amount of my crops. It seems pretty random as I may go 12 hours with no bugs then get 8 or 10 pop up in a matter of a few min while standing in the field.

Ahhh there's stuff you can make. Thank you! will try it out immediately.

Cableado

Antes de exponer mi idea quiero dar la enhorabuena a los creadores del mod. Es una pasada me lo estoy pasando en grande con este mod.

Bueno seria interesante implantar alguna manera de esconder los cables, cuando tienes muchas cosas conectadas se convierte en un verdadero quebradero de cabeza. He visto por ahي algْn mod que utiliza un bloque como relé, pero tiene la caracterيstica que al conectar el cable no se ve.

Repito ENHORABUENA a los creadores.

TRANSLATION

Before presenting my idea I want to congratulate the creators of the mod. It's amazing I'm having a great time with this mod.

Well it would be interesting to implement some way to hide the cables, when you have many things connected it becomes a real headache. I've seen some mod that uses a block as a relay, but it has the feature that when you connect the cable you can not see it.

I repeat CONGRATULATIONS to the creators.

Mod Note: This is an English speaking forum. Please keep your posts in English.

Is there a bug with the garage door it keeps saying the bottom is not solid ground even though it's concrete. I did 5 wide as and everything around it is concrete but i can't place it down?

Hmmm, I had a few more survivors this time. Still not many though.

New question. Is placement of moonshine bugged? tried placing near failure relay but didn't work.

The moonshine needs to be placed near a gas tank and use gas pipes to connect the moonshine. In order to fuel the gas tank you need gas cylinders which are crafted at the mill. Once crafted you need to pu the empty gas cylinders+plant fiber+turd into the biogas digester to make fuel. This is where your rabbits come in handy cause you need the turd and boy do they turd like crazy.

gauge only lootable from working stiff loot box or rare drop from lumberjack if i'm not mistaken.

fuel deposit, generator housing, i think its created from the npc smith workstation.

I've gotten gauges from cars. The reason no one knows what exactly drops them is because they are so super rare. I've never seen one drop from a lumberjack but yes the working stiff loot box is also a source for them. Possibly some other things break down and give you gauges, it's just so rare that you could break down hundreds and never get one.

I've gotten gauges from cars. The reason no one knows what exactly drops them is because they are so super rare. I've never seen one drop from a lumberjack but yes the working stiff loot box is also a source for them. Possibly some other things break down and give you gauges, it's just so rare that you could break down hundreds and never get one.

lol. You can check the config, gauge drops from workingStiffs,lumber,collapsed forge,collapsed workbench,autos,minerloot,utilityworker,biker,farmer.

Hmmm, I had a few more survivors this time. Still not many though.

New question. Is placement of moonshine bugged? tried placing near failure relay but didn't work.

As per description, moonshine is a gaspowered machine and, as such, you need to connected to a gas pipe.. And yes, moonshine should be named distillery :)

NOTE: the power section of the wiki is actually almost 100% updated :)

Is there a bug with the garage door it keeps saying the bottom is not solid ground even though it's concrete. I did 5 wide as and everything around it is concrete but i can't place it down?

The moonshine needs to be placed near a gas tank and use gas pipes to connect the moonshine. In order to fuel the gas tank you need gas cylinders which are crafted at the mill. Once crafted you need to pu the empty gas cylinders+plant fiber+turd into the biogas digester to make fuel. This is where your rabbits come in handy cause you need the turd and boy do they turd like crazy.

cheers, could only place the moonshine on top of the gas tank, so something went wrong. But I'll figure it out tomorrow!

ty,

Ok i'm having a trouble with the farmer.

I was able to place the farmer once and it worked until it disappeared, might have been damaged.

So i tried to place another farmer but with no luck as it gave 2 errors and the farmer wouldn't work.

So I tried that 3 more times at different locations and still no luck! and always giving me the same error.

I looked at the 7D2D RAT I have and noticed that it was spamming an error, error in picture included.

So I ask, what is the problem?

farmer2.thumb.jpg.0eed0ae6ef4cd20df8f46d1cb5f5306a.jpg

farmer1.jpg.126c6ae4558a267366015a41b09903cc.jpg

Zombies seems to die, but do not. They just stand there and when I whack them they die and can be looted. Also. Pistol Book seem to be bugged. I can read the recipe, but after a while the recipe resets and I have to read the pistol book again. Very strange problem. Any solution?

Edit: Seems when I have assembled the pistol. I have to read the recipe again.

Edited by Robeloto (see edit history)

found another exploit (sorry if i dont check all pages if its reported already)

crafting a "wood log" costs 4 wood.

u place it and hack it with steel axe, you get roughly 40-60 wood back (q550 with maxed 69'er)

even with a simple taza (q300) you get roughly 25 wood back from the "4-wood-log"

so a permanent wood deliverance

I transfered the Data and the 7DaysToDieServer_Data files from my 7DaysToDie folder after making sure i told Steam i wanted to change back to 16.3 and did a fresh install , can you make sure you dont have an automatic steam update or do they just do that anyways ?

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing out of the norm I have played the War of the walkers and Valmods with no issues not sure whats going on here but it is driving me nuts I saw some other folks with the same issues but dont know what they did to fix it

I had the exact same issue, reinstalled many times over a couple of days. It turns out you need to use a completely pristine copy of 7 days (I used A16.4). WOTW and Valmod leave some residues (I play them too). I had to manually delete my old install then reinstall via steam before using the mod launcher. Works fine now.

Pistol Book seem to be bugged. I can read the recipe, but after a while the recipe resets and I have to read the pistol book again. Very strange problem. Any solution?

How did you manage to obtain a pistol book?

Ok i'm having a trouble with the farmer.

I was able to place the farmer once and it worked until it disappeared, might have been damaged.

So i tried to place another farmer but with no luck as it gave 2 errors and the farmer wouldn't work.

So I tried that 3 more times at different locations and still no luck! and always giving me the same error.

I looked at the 7D2D RAT I have and noticed that it was spamming an error, error in picture included.

So I ask, what is the problem?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23251[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23252[/ATTACH]

From your first screenshot, I don't see any fertile soil near your farmer... you need to use a hoe on the dirt.

Zombies seems to die, but do not. They just stand there and when I whack them they die and can be looted. Also. Pistol Book seem to be bugged. I can read the recipe, but after a while the recipe resets and I have to read the pistol book again. Very strange problem. Any solution?

regarding the pistol, i think it's because you don't need to read any gun book in this mod, all gun can be assembled in the weapon workbench, perhaps the dev forgot to take out the pistol book recipe from the game.

Zombies standing around after dying is a vanilla bug, but I've definitely noticed it happening a lot more since 16.4. Don't know if the mod is causing it to happen more frequently as I haven't touched vanilla since 16.2.