A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

For the clients, definitely using the launcher is the easiest way, as long as github doesn't decide to destroy your plans.

The reason we are trying to just dump the mods into the main install folder, is when you try to run steam and use the launcher, it no longer remembers the controller config properly.. for instance, instead of l3 running, it pops up the steam keyboard overlay.

It took them SO long to reach another stable we aren't too worried about dumping the starvation mod into the main game install.. we can always update using the launcher, and then dump the updated files into the game folder when we see a starvation update.

The reason we are trying to just dump the mods into the main install folder, is when you try to run steam and use the launcher, it no longer remembers the controller config properly.. for instance, instead of l3 running, it pops up the steam keyboard overlay.

It took them SO long to reach another stable we aren't too worried about dumping the starvation mod into the main game install.. we can always update using the launcher, and then dump the updated files into the game folder when we see a starvation update.

The wife uses the Steam Controller. She adds the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe to steam as a non-Steam game, launches Steam in Big Picture, and starts the Mod Launcher that way. The game will use her settings then.

<item id="970" name="wrenchSchematic">
	<property name="Extends" value="schematicMaster" />
	<property name="CustomIcon" value="schematicMaster" />
	<property class="Action1">
		<property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="wrenchSchematic" />
	</property>
</item>
<item id="971" name="clawHammerSchematic">
		<property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="clawHammerSchematic" />
	</property>
</item>

I do not know if this has been mentioned. But the recipes here show wrong for wrench and clawhammer.

It should be:

<property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="wrench" />

<property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="clawHammer" />

Am I right?

What I ended up doing was updating at with both the bag company server support, and alloc's server updates, then installing the mod on each pc. Once they were all installed (I just did that to make it easier) I installed the server master into the sever install folder, as well as the mod install.

I then manually copied the mod into each game pc's 7 days to die game folders.

That connects fine, and seems to play fine! Now I just have to read up on basics like how to rest.

As per this comment, i'm seeing a lot of new zombies in general, but nothing out of the ordinary on horde nights. Friends encountered bosses during these times, but that was back in 15. In 16 we're just not having this happen. Are they in place? Is it just bad luck?

The mod is amazing! there's absolutely no way we could go back to vanilla now. Well done :)

A bigger gamestage revamp is planned. For now only Wall Crusher is in there, and much later in game stages.

<item id="970" name="wrenchSchematic">
		<property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="wrenchSchematic" />
	</property>
</item>
<item id="971" name="clawHammerSchematic">
		<property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="clawHammerSchematic" />
	</property>
</item>

I do not know if this has been mentioned. But the recipes here show wrong for wrench and clawhammer.

It should be:

<property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="wrench" />

<property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="clawHammer" />

Am I right?

Make sure you are not confusing objects, classes, simple names.

Never saw a donkey yet and never saw the lathe and wrench recipe..

I've seen you added the book to loot table with last update..that lathe was blocking all my progression!

Question about the radio antenna: it needs to be in open sky area or could be placed inside a building or even underground?

I was reading about someone else having hard time with the hit range of zombies like me.. there is any way to fix it? I know I'm from eu and I'm playing on us server and have ping up to 200 but still feels odd to get killed by a slap from a Zombi that I can't reach even with the hunting knife spear and I was trying to kill with bow..

I'm new to the mod and I'm around lev30 atm. .still I think I've colected more death in this game then in the last year of playing!

Anyway I love this mod..it changed completely the game..so many things to do and to learn..

Oh! One last question..vanilla power system and starvation one are compatible or I need both the generators and the cables/wires to run traps and the electrical stations ?

@Kamaka

I got mine completing the Fisherman's quest chain.

@Anyone really

Is there something funny with the fire traps? I've made a couple and the first two were automatically transformed into gas lines.

The remaining one worked fine until a zombie ran over it then it transformed into a pipe and disappeared.

I'm somewhat confused....I have the diesel power quest and it wants me to make a small generator. My options to make it are as follows.

1. Work bench - nope can't make it there. No craft option

2. Mill and crafter - what the heck is that? Can't seem to find any way to make this

3. Crafter - someone told me that is a survivor? Which requires a radio tower? Which needs power? If all true kind of creates a small problem since no generator means no power.

So, what am I missing? Please and thanks in advance.

NM I figured it out. Needed a boiler before I could place a mill. Thank god for you tube.

Edited by Exxodous (see edit history)

I'm somewhat confused....I have the diesel power quest and it wants me to make a small generator. My options to make it are as follows.

1. Work bench - nope can't make it there. No craft option

2. Mill and crafter - what the heck is that? Can't seem to find any way to make this

3. Crafter - someone told me that is a survivor? Which requires a radio tower? Which needs power? If all true kind of creates a small problem since no generator means no power.

So, what am I missing? Please and thanks in advance.

1. is a mistake

2. should be mill.... u can get that with the right book, its a steam powered workbench for sawblade, radio tower and the generator

3. yes a survivor, you need that radio tower, so you need the mill before (steam powered book) and nice energy, then they can craft it sometime (not sure if u need to teach em though)

besides, now a few things i noticed...

(food)

1. pizza got no picture

2. goulash got no picture

(exploit?!?)

3 you can exploit with lathe... craft empty can 2 scrap iron, you can place em in forge for 5 scrap iron, or just scrap em, 500 cans 1000 scrap iron, scrap 500 cans, 1875 scrap (via forge 2500)

crafting (errors?)

4. you can not melt glass in the forge, but you still have the recipe for broken glass there :D

5.1 solar bank..... said at workbench, well i havent found one where i could craft it.....

5.2 solar bank.... Mill and crafter.... well mill aint got that either....

5.3 solar bank (and cell) crafter, well ok, i admit aint got survivors yet

(prayers)

6. a recipe to turn scrap rubber into rubber

7. a recipe (as perk for science 10?) to craft that stupid "GAUGE".... at level 105 i havent found any yet, no matter where, cars, workers, working stiff.... (its rare tool loot....) but maybe a level 120+ should be able to craft a gauge (for 10000 steel and 500 rubber, but at least be able to)

(moonshine needs 3 gauges, that quest with small generator another)

(almost forgot)

8.forge a machete blade 200 scrap steel, if u melt it back only 20 scrap steel back :(

was ok when u could craft the blade for 200 iron, but loss of 90% material when u melt it back?

Edited by Archmage105xy (see edit history)

I had this mod running fine on my server but now after the update it wont run. No matter what I try I keep getting this nullreference error about a hud update. It is strangely the same rror i was getting with war of the walkers mod - which also oddly now loads just fine on my server while Starvation wont. Any clues on how to fis this ?

Also some instructions would be helpful if you can write some. For example you say just copy the folders into the 7dtd directory - but you don't say whether for example you should keep any existing files in these directories or not that are already there and not replaced by the mod. i thikn this is especially important for the dll files. Should I delete the extar ones or am i just adding the dll's in the managed folder to the ones already there ???

About Big bag mod.

* Games4kikz * 72 slots.

You should be ashamed for making double standards.

Even if its not released publicly it clearly shows its doable and possible.

Good way to "piss off" community.

Not a priority => more like ignorance or unwillingness.

Not cool.

best way, remove all old files and place the new files...

we tried to modify the recipes just to remove the iron from insulators, game wouldnt load no more.

most of the time its usually an old file thats wasnt replaced...

another strange bug,..

all the sudden my water-creation-block (forgot the name) is gone (maybe trashed by zeds) and in the console when i am close to it you always get a strange error message, that something cant be created... (will post the correct lines when i get up again, gotta get some sleep now)

About Big bag mod.

* Games4kikz * 72 slots.

Not cool.

Big bag IS NOT SUPPORTED BY US... If it ever is you will know!

We stated A LOT OF TIMES the reasons why, and YES I personally do NOT like it. My choice, and my reasons are clear... If you don't wanna read it fine, just don't come here with false remarks...

Anyone is free to do whatever they want with their own copy... Add a custom UI or add more mods... That's what kikz did, and he worried about our terms of use, which is very nice of him.

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)

About Big bag mod.

* Games4kikz * 72 slots.

Not cool.

I am the one that modified the mod for Games4Kickz and I feel he covered the reasons why he wanted it very clearly in the first video.

I will not stand for you coming here with this attitude against good people that is not to blame.

The Starvation crew have worked hard and given the community an amazing mod and they have stated clearly why they don’t want a bigbag and they have stated clearly how they want to make a bigbag available should they decide to make one. So you should rather be grateful for what they’ve already given you rather than spiteful over something they cannot even be blamed for.

As I said I was the one modding it for Games4Kickz and I’ve not released it for respect of the mod terms and I have not even asked Mortelentus for permission to release it out of respect for his(their) vision for the mod.

And no, I will not share the mod with you so there is no need to ask. I’ve had a multitude of requests and all have gotten that exact same answer.

-S

If and when they will ever want to expand inventory they should start with a bigger version of the standard basket for the bike and lock it behind some ultrarare drop or skill/perk so it will be possible to have it just on endgame and anyway will still force you to make on the fly though decision while looting

Edit: a basket that have to be swapped to the original one..so you can start with standard bike and later if you are lucky you can replace it with the bigger one

Edited by whazi (see edit history)

forgot quotes sorry

- - - Updated - - -

I am the one that modified the mod for Games4Kickz and I feel he covered the reasons why he wanted it very clearly in the first video.

I will not stand for you coming here with this attitude against good people that is not to blame.

The Starvation crew have worked hard and given the community an amazing mod and they have stated clearly why they don’t want a bigbag and they have stated clearly how they want to make a bigbag available should they decide to make one. So you should rather be grateful for what they’ve already given you rather than spiteful over something they cannot even be blamed for.

As I said I was the one modding it for Games4Kickz and I’ve not released it for respect of the mod terms and I have not even asked Mortelentus for permission to release it out of respect for his(their) vision for the mod.

And no, I will not share the mod with you so there is no need to ask. I’ve had a multitude of requests and all have gotten that exact same answer.

-S

i see that u was the one doing the bigger backpack for games4kikz, do u possibly have time to help me out a bit? i have done the edit in the assembly sharp.dll (set it to 60) and i have changed the stuff in window.xml(looting & backpack) and in loot.xml (id41) and i run the game and it seems to work perfect (well the box is a little of centered but i can live with that, but i encountered a error when opening a gun safe (and also storage crates) it would have more slots then it should have and the error mssg would be indexoutofrange. so i talked to stalliosden (creator of the bigger backpack mod) and we talked back n fourth and i gave him copies of my edits so he could se if i f'ed up somewhere, he says it all looks good but i still get those errors. so what i would like to ask is, will u please help me with it like u did for kikz <3 (and by help me i dont mean do it fo rme, ut more give me a hint to why it ould happen ;) )

Edited by KingRizla (see edit history)

Last i was involved in chat with morte etc. They asked me for the code to make a bigger backpack.

So unless either morte has changed his mind or the new people on the team have made it so idk . But i don't see an issue with people wanting a bigger backpack and i have given permission so.

Now I have the utmost respect and regard for Morte and Pacco and the starvation team and so I say the next part with no offense to them

If you did it for games4kicks why not release it for others.

All:. We are actively working on a new UI that uses custom C# code to enable new features. We are not spending time changing or supporting any changes to the existing temporary UI. People who continue to ask for us to change this policy or support their efforts to change the UI are only causing us to back away from working on this model any longer. The current discussion has already slowed work on the mod, as some of the team are becoming annoyed at some of the forum posts. This happened before, and resulted in the team withdraw ing from development for months to take a stress break. It getting close again. Please don't continue to use the official Starvation forums to ask for something the team already said we are not ready to support. Thank you for your understanding.